October Anniversary Trip: MNSSHP, D23 Sip and Stroll and Food & Wine

I was at WDW around the same time and my husband is a Brian too. :)

Looking forward to seeing what you tried at F&W Festival. Epcot's my favorite. :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in! My goal is to get better at posting updates and finish before my next trip in May.

I was going to do an update this weekend and that didn't happen. I think that I will work on it during work and then polish it up at home.

I can't wait till may either! Aren't you glad that you read my blog?

Very, very glad!!!!! :banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Sorry for the delay, the trip report continues!
I guess my feet were starting to hurt (which always happens on every trip we take), so we decided to ride one of the Friendship boats over to Hollywood Studios. Plus it gave me a chance to rest my eyes :goodvibes

Hollywood Studios seemed a little crowded today. So we first headed off to the animation building. We didn’t want to see the movie (again) so we walked into the area that takes you the character meet & greets. I saw Sorcerer Mickey and decided to wait in line to take our pictures. Brian wasn’t really amused, but I really want our picture with him. I think they turned out really nice, in fact I have this one framed at work.

D5000DSC_0358_10_11_2010_332.jpg

I also love the animation building because I collect the cels that they create and sell there. In fact one of the artists, David Rippberger , was there painting in a cel. I never pre-ordered the one that released in September, and when I got there they were backordered, so I called when we got back home to order it. So you never know I might have gotten this one!

D5000DSC_0361_10_11_2010_335.jpg

D5000DSC_0362_10_11_2010_336.jpg

Next we decided to ride Tower of Terror. I then noticed a photographer and we had some pictures taken.

Photo0053FourBySix.jpg

Photo0048FourBySix.jpg

When we came home and looked at this picture, I was amazed at the effect that the camera picked up. I never realized this.

D5000DSC_0372_10_11_2010_346.jpg

Me being silly.

D5000DSC_0374_10_11_2010_348.jpg

We also checked out Pixar Place since it was under construction the last time we were there. I find the attention to detail amazing. Here are some of my favorites!

P1040883.jpg

P1040882.jpg

We decided to walk back to Epcot since we didn’t want to wait for the friendship. It was getting close to dinner and I wanted to eat at the counter service outside of Mexico. I know this sounds horrible, but I love their cheap nachos. I have a thing for fake nacho cheese. :rotfl2: We decided to go past Canada and noticed that Off Kilter was going to start soon. I told Brian to find us a spot to stand in while I went to get some of the cheddar cheese soup from the Canadian kiosk. I must say, I was a little disappointed with the quantity of the soup. For $3.50 they could have filled it up more, or given a larger portion.

P1040890.jpg

I finally found Brian and we enjoyed watching Off Kilter, they are so entertaining.

P1040892.jpg

On our way over to the Mexican restaurant we stopped at the Desserts and Champagne kiosk and got the Pear Streusal Pudding Cake for $1.50. It was extremely tiny, but worth the try. I liked it, but it is hard to screw up a dessert in my eyes. Next we went over to the Mexican pavilion and had our dinner.

P1040893.jpg

We enjoyed our not-so-healthy nachos and had a churro.

P1040895.jpg

P1040896.jpg

After dinner we headed over to Soarin’ to use our Fastpasses. Even though we had Fastpasses it still was a little bit of a wait. I like this ride, but the picture in the one in California Adventure is so much better! This was also the first time that we were in the third row. I guess it was better than not riding it at all.

We had a long day and wanted to wrap it up but first we wanted some F&W snacks. We headed out towards China since we liked that a lot the last time we did F&W. In 2005 Brian loved the pot stickers, so we made sure to get that. I also wanted to try the black pepper shrimp with Sichuan noodles and the caramel ginger ice cream. Everything there was wonderful and the ice cream was huge for the price you paid.

P1040901.jpg

P1040902.jpg

P1040903.jpg

Next we head to Italy. By now were not really hungry, but I love a good cannoli and really wanted one. So we waited in line for this:

P1040905.jpg

It was really disappointing. The weekend before we came to WDW we were in Baltimore to see the Detroit Tigers play the Baltimore Orioles. There is also a Little Italy in Baltimore that we decided to go to since I haven’t had a cannolli in a long time. Those were so good compared to this joke of a cannoli at the Italian kiosk. After that disappointment we decided to leave because we were actually able to sleep in a little the next day.

Up next… Breakfast at Kona, Downtown Disney and MNSSHP!

I never noticed those cute spoons in the Pixar area.

I just love men in kilts. :love: I wanna buy Eric one every time we see Off Kilter.:rotfl:

Yummy looking food!

I never noticed those cute spoons in the Pixar area.

I just love men in kilts. :love: I wanna buy Eric one every time we see Off Kilter.:rotfl:

Yummy looking food!

There is a place where you can buy snacks across from the ride, that is where I found them. I thought they were super cute!

I think I could get Brian into a kilt :rotfl: He loves Celtic music and I could tell him it is a heritage thing that I would like him to do since I am Irish.

I am sure that my next trip report from the D23 conference will have some good looking food pics as well.

And I think that I will have an update for you this weekend as well. I will try to do the whole day since I want to get this thing done. And I think you are now my only reader :goodvibes

i have never seen those spoons either they are pretty cool.

wonder if they are bolted down?
:rolleyes1

and there is no such thing as a bad pot sticker, i think i will have some of those bad boys tonight.
:banana:

i have never seen those spoons either they are pretty cool.

wonder if they are bolted down?
:rolleyes1

and there is no such thing as a bad pot sticker, i think i will have some of those bad boys tonight.

Right! I want those spoons as well. They are super cute! They should sell a souvenier version of those.

Pot stickers do sound good, but I am hungry right now and could eat anything!

Right! I want those spoons as well. They are super cute! They should sell a souvenier version of those.

Pot stickers do sound good, but I am hungry right now and could eat anything!
me too good thing lunch is only an hour away.

I will be back with an update soon. I had some complications this past week that ended up with me in the ER. Once I get my spirits up I will be back!

Hey you, are you gonna keep going on this? I would like to hear about the D23 event since we have one coming up soon!

Yep, I am going to work on the next installment today at work. When it gets up here hopefully by the weekend. :thumbsup2

Guess I am too late, I am no longer able to post this thread.

Hey everyone! I got this back on the TR thread. When I get home tonight I will put the update up here. I promise to finish it in the next month. Plus I have to start one for the trip we just started!

Yeah they moved it back. :cool1:
I am thinking of starting a trip report for D23. Might work on that tomorrow.

Wonderful trip report so far. I love the food pictures (very delicious looking). You guys are so adoreable :-) I am sorry your husband was not feeling well one morning. I am glad that he was well enough to visit a park. It is shocking to see how it was crowded on a Sunday night. Can't wait to hear more about your trip xoxoxox

Wonderful trip report so far. I love the food pictures (very delicious looking). You guys are so adoreable :-) I am sorry your husband was not feeling well one morning. I am glad that he was well enough to visit a park. It is shocking to see how it was crowded on a Sunday night. Can't wait to hear more about your trip xoxoxox

Thanks for joining! I should have another update up tonight. I have it all written, I just need to put it up.

Today we got to sleep in a little bit since we had 9:25 reservation for Kona Café. I was excited to eat breakfast there since we have never had it before. We love Kona for lunch and dinner and thought to give a whirl for breakfast. Plus Brian loves to get the Kona coffee. We have to go every time we are at WDW.

After waiting five minutes for our table we were seated. I was torn Tonga Toast and the pancakes. Brian was leaning toward the Tonga Toast, so I got the pancakes so we can both try them.

Tonga Toast:

P1040910.jpg

Pineapple Macadamia Nut Pancakes:

P1040911.jpg

After breakfast we caught the bus to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. Sorry, I didn’t take any pictures of what I bought. But I did purchase the one Jim Shore piece I really wanted. It is the three Hitchhiking Ghosts from Haunted Mansion. We popped in a couple of stores, but just really purchased from World of Disney. Brian was getting a little antsy since he hates shopping so we decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom.

When we first got there we took some pictures of the Halloween decorations.

P1040913.jpg

P1040914.jpg

P1040915.jpg

P1040917.jpg

P1040916.jpg

P1040952.jpg

P1040950.jpg

P1040954.jpg

We have a habit of always catching the parades or street parties without knowing what time it is. We happened to be around during the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade. Here are some pictures. There is a funny story about this parade, but that is in another day’s report.

P1040940.jpg

P1040948.jpg

P1040934.jpg

P1040937.jpg

Next we headed over to the Hall of Presidents since it now features our newest president. To me this really doesn’t look that much like President Obama. While on our Adventures by Disney trip to Imagineering we were told that his people were not allowing a full body scan of him for security purposes. I think they should have let them do it. Just sayin!

P1040955.jpg

P1040956.jpg

Next we took a ride on the Liberty Square Riverboat. Brian just loves anything transportation. He is an engineer, so he likes to see how things work. Here is what we saw on our tour.

P1040966.jpg

P1040962.jpg

P1040961.jpg

We had some time before our late lunch reservation on the Liberty Tree Tavern, but we just decided to see if we could get in early. We were lucky and were seated pretty much right away. This is our first visit to Liberty Tree Tavern. It reminded me of the taverns in Colonial Williamsburg and the Eagle Tavern at Greenfield Village (Dearborn, MI). After looking at the menu it was easy to figure out what to get. We both had a bowl of clam chowder and we shared the pot roast.

Clam Chowder:

P1040974.jpg

Pot Roast:

P1040975.jpg

The food was good. I still think that the pot roast at 50’s Prime Time Café is better. Brian had to eat most of the pot roast since I was too full from the soup!

As we were leaving the restaurant, the 3:00 parade was coming around. Brian didn’t seem too interested in seeing it but I managed to get some pictures before we headed to Adventure Land.

P1040976.jpg

P1040977.jpg

P1040980.jpg

P1040982.jpg

P1040995.jpg

P1040987.jpg

P1050008.jpg

Next we decided to try a ride that we have never been on, we decided to do Aladdin’s Magic Carpets. Brian and I each got our own carpet and we took pictures of each other during the ride.

D5000DSC_0473_10_12_2010_447.jpg

P1050010.jpg

P1050011.jpg

Next we headed to the Jungle Cruise to see some elephants and other animals in their natural habitat.

D5000DSC_0476_10_12_2010_450.jpg

D5000DSC_0480_10_12_2010_454-1.jpg

After coming off our 3 month cruise we headed to Pirates of the Caribbean. It looked like they were closing it down for something, then they said we could go in. After getting all the way to the front of the line they shut it down. So then we left knowing that we could check it out later in the evening. On our way out we say Goofy dressed as a pirate!

D5000DSC_0488_10_12_2010_462.jpg

D5000DSC_0484_10_12_2010_458.jpg

Photo0197FourBySix.jpg

Since it was after 4:00 we decided to get a Dole Whip and search for a location to get our bracelets for MNSSHP.

P1050017.jpg

Coming up soon… MNSSHP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter