October 30, 2011 Wonder - A Haunting on the High Seas

I know - I am sorry about that but it beats their first offer, day 1 at 5:00 - 6:00.

I agree, and no matter when we get together it's going to be a great time!party: The closer it gets the more stressed I get. How does my to do list keep getting longer? :confused3

Hello all

I was away from the boards for awhile, soory and I just noticed that for some reason our room number did not carry over from the FE spreadsheet to the latest post (probably something I overlooked).

We will be in room 7084.

See y'all in a few days

What is everyone planning on doing for the Cabo days? We are doing the Paradise Beach Adventure in Puerto Vallerta, and we were planning on doing the HArbor Cruise in Cabo, but all the reviews I have read say you can get just as much of a view from water taxis etc in the area. I am starting to consider just hopping on one of those and heading over to the other beaches. I figure it will save $$ that I can spend on souvenirs/drinks!

We are still doing the Harbor Cruise. I can't get my husband to change his mind so here we go!

We will be leaving tomorrow for our trip down the coast. Going to take our time. See you all Sunday, looking forward to meeting all of you.

We had another small earthquake on the Hayward fault, in the same place as the other two. Hope I still have a house to come back to but I'm not going to worry about it. If the big one comes I hope it waits until after we are out the of the Bay Area. Always look for the positive - "Bob - it is reeeeaaaly important I take all 4 suitcases worth of stuff. What if we have to stay in Disneyland longer 'cause we can't get back into the Bay Area, I'll need all this stuff."

Safe travel wishes for all of you.

Today is my last day of work before the trip!!! It's my 9th day in a row, so I have NO packing completed, but I do think I have everything purchased, except champagne, and I don't think I am going to manage that, so I will just have to purchase some on board I guess. Or if someone is picking some up near port and wouldn't mind grabbing a (cheapish) bottle, I would be happy to reimburse them or split a bottle etc?

Even though today is my last day of actual work, I still have to come in for a meeting tomorrow, plus we are having a happy hour event for my boss tomorrow night, and I have Zoo plans with my son and family for Saturday... busy busy busy right up until we leave! :dance3:

Today is my last day of work before the trip!!! It's my 9th day in a row, so I have NO packing completed, but I do think I have everything purchased, except champagne, and I don't think I am going to manage that, so I will just have to purchase some on board I guess. Or if someone is picking some up near port and wouldn't mind grabbing a (cheapish) bottle, I would be happy to reimburse them or split a bottle etc?

Even though today is my last day of actual work, I still have to come in for a meeting tomorrow, plus we are having a happy hour event for my boss tomorrow night, and I have Zoo plans with my son and family for Saturday... busy busy busy right up until we leave! :dance3:

Stephie,
Don't worry, I'll pick up a bottle we can share! I'm not much of a drinker so
I'll only have a sip, or two, or three......

We will be leaving tomorrow for our trip down the coast. Going to take our time. See you all Sunday, looking forward to meeting all of you.

We had another small earthquake on the Hayward fault, in the same place as the other two. Hope I still have a house to come back to but I'm not going to worry about it. If the big one comes I hope it waits until after we are out the of the Bay Area. Always look for the positive - "Bob - it is reeeeaaaly important I take all 4 suitcases worth of stuff. What if we have to stay in Disneyland longer 'cause we can't get back into the Bay Area, I'll need all this stuff."

Val,
It sounds like it's time to get the hell out of dodge! The weather out here is perfect. Have a safe trip and see you soon.

Rene

Stephie,
Don't worry, I'll pick up a bottle we can share! I'm not much of a drinker so
I'll only have a sip, or two, or three......

Awesome!! Thanks so much, one less thing to worry about! I'll bring some cash to help out:goodvibes I am not a big champagne drinker myself, so it works out perfectly!

Val- Happy travels! See ya soon!

I totally agree! You can never have too many clothes! Have a great road trip - see you on Sunday! Woo-hoo! Less than three days! :dance3:

So excited we are leaving tomorrow for DL! Like everyone else, I have tons of packing to do but I'm too busy being excited to get it done!

For those of you asking about Cabo, my DH and I did the harbor cruise on our last cruise and I agree that it's cheaper and the same experience to do a water taxi. Once you get up to the Arch thingamijigee, it's crowded with boats all trying to get a good view and the waves can get somewhat rough, so another option is to just a) use a telephoto lens from the Wonder, or b) buy a postcard! 

My DH and DD are going to swim with dolphins in either Cabo or PV but I'm not allowed because I'm preggers so I guess I'm letting off some intoxicating scent that will distract the dolphins from their jobs (I get that a lot)!:rotfl:

Also, we're in cabin 6010 and happy to host the white board, if it would be easier. Just let me know if you want to switch it.

I look forward to meeting you all on Sunday!

Megan

So we leave tomorrow. So excited!! But my FE did NOT make it nor did the pirate dresses I ordered.:sad1: If they don't arrive before noon tomorrow we will not have a FE. I have no idea where they are. I am trying to brainstorm and alternate idea but I am not very crafty nor is my brain working well right now.

See you all Sunday!!:cheer2:

So we leave tomorrow. So excited!! But my FE did NOT make it nor did the pirate dresses I ordered.:sad1: If they don't arrive before noon tomorrow we will not have a FE. I have no idea where they are. I am trying to brainstorm and alternate idea but I am not very crafty nor is my brain working well right now.

See you all Sunday!!:cheer2:

Sure you will have an FE - Pickup a Halloween trick or treat sack and hang it from the fish. You might even have one around the house you can us. It doesn't have to be a long pocketed thing. Don't miss the fun. Do you have any cloth bag you can use?

Val

Sure you will have an FE - Pickup a Halloween trick or treat sack and hang it from the fish. You might even have one around the house you can us. It doesn't have to be a long pocketed thing. Don't miss the fun. Do you have any cloth bag you can use?

Val

I'll figure something out. A Halloween tote is a good idea. Ill throw in a cloth bag now. I'm just so bummed.

We don't really have a plan for Cabo either, we also considered the Harbor Cruise but havent made a decision yet. We may just get a water taxi to give a little tour of Los Arcos (or whatever its called) and then hit the beach somewhere. The second day in Cabo, since we have to be back onboard by 1:30, we are probably not even going to leave the ship. I know, we're boring, huh? :sad2:

This is exactly what we are doing in Cabo as well.

Getting together last minute things, vacation has officially started. DH and I are heading to So Cal tomorrow looking forward to meeting everyone. Safe and happy travels to the ship.

I'm all packed and ready to leave tomorrow night (red-eye flight from Anchorage to LA - yuck!). At least I hope I'm ready... At least I have the consolation of being on a Disney cruise if I forgot anything! :cool1::cloud9:

Hi Everyone,
I know this is last minute, but who's dressing for formal night, and what are
you wearing? I was planning in skipping it, but now I having second thoughts. How strict is the dress code? I have a formal gown, but I think it's a bit much, and everything else I have is not what I would call formal wear.

Thanks,
Rene

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter