October 21-26, 2022, Disney Magic! 5-Night Bermuda Cruise from NY (King’s Wharf, King’s Wharf)

EvanMakesMusic

Earning My Ears
Hey there, Hi there, Ho There!

I'm a first-time Disney Cruiser, really excited to start the Meet Thread for this Cruise!

Once again, this is for the October 21 - 26th, 2022 cruise on board the Disney Magic, departing from New York to Bermuda.

I am eager to learn more about Disney Cruising, and help organize a Fish Exchange if at all possible. If you are a more experienced Disney Cruiser, please feel free to chime in and lead the way :)

Thanks!
Evs

Last edited:
Hi Evan,
I'm Platinum, and have done this Bermuda cruise already. It is so AWESOME that I am doing it again! I am happy to answer any questions. I am not sure if the fish extenders are allowed with COVID. We are doing an Eastern on the Fantasy in August, so I'll report back then. I am going to bring my FE anyway. I always put treats and little gifts for my girls, even if I have to hang it inside the cabin.

This is a great cruise!

So you've participated in a Fish Exchange before, then? How is it usually organized? How do you determine who is gifting for whom?

Hoping we get some more people on the thread who would be interested in doing one :)

Evan,
I've never organized it, but have joined a group and signed up. I am so sorry! I am going to skip the FE exchange this trip. Last time, my kids did not help distribute them, and it fell on my husband and I. It got to be a chore.

It is fun though! I don't want to discourage you!

It's okay, I more than understand - vacation is supposed to be relaxing, not a chore! Will see if there's some other folks that want to participate. If not, maybe I'll just spread some pixie dust. :)

We just booked this trip and it will be our first kid-free vacation since our 11th wedding anniversary is on October 21st! We did the Bermuda cruise before--the one where they stayed THREE days there and it was AMAZING so we definitely want to go back.

We're still silver and this will be our 4th cruise. Hopefully we'll be doing the 5th next February, fingers crossed. It sucks because in 2020 we had planned two cruises so we'd be gold by now, but...well. Pandemic.

Congrats on your anniversary! We'll also be celebrating our anniversary, but it's our first. :D Hope you have a magical cruise!

GRRH! Not happy about the $40 Bermudian shakedown!!
On a serious note. We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and on Monday we all tested positive for COVID! We were so careful. I hope this means I have immunity for this cruise! If anyone has any questions, please let me know. I've done this cruise before, and I am platinum, so LMK if you have any!!!

THIS IS AN AWESOME TRIP!!!

I'm definitely a bit confused about how we make that happen. Does that mean we should just opt to be tested at port before we board rather than 1-2 days before? Do they still do testing at port?

Just an FYI....

Last time we did Bermuda on the Magic, we scheduled the Island drive on a Sunday. It was a great excursion, BUT ALL THE SHOPS are closed on SUNDAY!!! Hamilton was a ghost town. MY girls wanted to shop and were so upset. This time, I scheduled the beach for Sunday and the Island drive for Monday. Kings Wharf also has an awesome shopping mall in short walking distance from the ship.

You can get the bus there for a couple of dollars and go to horseshoe bay on your own, or pay the $29 and have Disney take you. There is a BIG hill to walk down from the bus stop, whereas Disney takes you down the hill. When you go on your own, you get the bus schedule and can come back on your own when you want. Any questions, and I am happy to answer.

Just an FYI....

Last time we did Bermuda on the Magic, we scheduled the Island drive on a Sunday. It was a great excursion, BUT ALL THE SHOPS are closed on SUNDAY!!! Hamilton was a ghost town. MY girls wanted to shop and were so upset. This time, I scheduled the beach for Sunday and the Island drive for Monday. Kings Wharf also has an awesome shopping mall in short walking distance from the ship.

You can get the bus there for a couple of dollars and go to horseshoe bay on your own, or pay the $29 and have Disney take you. There is a BIG hill to walk down from the bus stop, whereas Disney takes you down the hill. When you go on your own, you get the bus schedule and can come back on your own when you want. Any questions, and I am happy to answer.
I registered just to thank you for this! Thank you!

I had the same this trip with the tour on Sunday. Fortunately there were still openings for Monday so I already switched it. Both tours are sold out on Sunday - guess there will be quite a few disappointed people.

The Sunday beach transfer was sold out but I’m planning on doing the $7 minibus.

Thanks again! This note should be a sticky on any cruise arriving over the weekend.

I registered just to thank you for this! Thank you!

I had the same this trip with the tour on Sunday. Fortunately there were still openings for Monday so I already switched it. Both tours are sold out on Sunday - guess there will be quite a few disappointed people.

The Sunday beach transfer was sold out but I’m planning on doing the $7 minibus.

Thanks again! This note should be a sticky on any cruise arriving over the weekend.
LOL! I noticed that as well! Sunday is all Booked! It is a ghost town - Hamilton literally shuts down. St. George had one or 2 souvenir shops open. I remember being able to buy a Sprite Zero there. My daughters wanted pink sand jewelry and the stores were all closed! Maybe we will be on the same bus!!! HUGS!

the bus is VERY EASY! you need to go to the Transportation center right off the ship to get the token BEFORE you walk to the bus stop. SO EASY... Just remember you have to walk down and up a VERY BIG HILL. Disney Tranfers drop you down the hill. There is a place to buy food and rent chairs and umbrellas.

GRRH! Not happy about the $40 Bermudian shakedown!!
On a serious note. We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and on Monday we all tested positive for COVID! We were so careful. I hope this means I have immunity for this cruise! If anyone has any questions, please let me know. I've done this cruise before, and I am platinum, so LMK if you have any!!!

THIS IS AN AWESOME TRIP!!!
Hey just wanted to pick your brain about a few things since you have done this cruise before. How were the seas as far as being rough. My wife can get a little sea sick. I hear it’s hit or miss. Also just wanted to double check that the ship is at the dock and we don’t have to be boated in. Thanks. I may have more questions later. Haha.

Ship docks right at the island and the roughness entirely depends on the weather. When we did it it was smooth sailing, but I think the cruises in front of us had bad weather.

Ship docks right at the island and the roughness entirely depends on the weather. When we did it it was smooth sailing, but I think the cruises in front of us had bad weather.
Awesome. One other question. Any suggestions on parking if the port lot is full? Only live about 2 hours away so I will be driving in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!