October 21, 2017 7-Night Canadian Coast from NYC

ratt1345

Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!
Since a thread hadn't been started, I figured I would give it a try for the first time. If anyone wants to do a FE group, feel free to do so.

You're welcome. I wasn't sure of myself because I had never started a meet thread before. I have only replied to threads. I was surprised that no one had started this thread. I was beginning to think I was the only one going!!! DW and I will be in NYC for 2 1/2 days before the cruise. This will be my first time in NYC. This will be my 11th cruise. So yes, I am now platinum level. I am also looking forward to the Marvel Day At Sea.

An entirely empty ship would have its own charms! I agree that a visit to NY prior, if at all possible, is the way to go! I've been many times (lived there for a year, too) and I like it alot. Have fun!

Have you been to these ports?

No, this is our first time. We live in FL so we mainly go out of Port Canaveral and go to The Caribbean

Just checking in to see if anyone else has joined. Hopefully more will join in the coming months!

Yes, I am. Mainly only to play games though. In case you're asking if I created a Facebook page for the cruise, no I haven't done that. I don't think you were asking that, but I wanted to be clear.

No, I know you didn't create a FB page because I've looked! I'm also on the eastbound transatlantic cruise this spring and I've noticed that, for that cruise, FB has overtaken disboards, and I wonder if that's the way of the future...

Will be following this thread. So excited, our first Disney Cruise! Daughter is a former CM so seasoned veterans of WDW but feeling like a deer in the headlights as far as planning for this trip. At this point for a trip to Orlando my spreadsheet/itinerary would be finalized down to the hour.

Hi Mobish, and welcome! It's pretty easy, actually. And we're happy to help. I'm excited about this cruise, too. I'm going with my sister. It will be my tenth Disney Cruise and her fifth.

Here's what you need to know: on your reservation it will tell you when you can book your activities. You must be paid up in full to do this, so make sure you pay on time! Your activities fall into a few categories (1) adult dining (2) port adventures (3) spa (4) onboard stuff.

You must have a log-in account with Disneycruise. If you don't, go make one right now!

(1) Adult dining is at Palo's the adult-only restaurant. It's very nice if you are celebrating a special occasion or for parents who need "date night" away from the kids. All the meals on the ship are included in your reservation, including room service, except Palo. Palo will have dinner every night, and sometimes (sea days, generally) brunch and or tea. All meals are $30 per person, plus alcohol and tip. Personally, I rarely go to Palo's, but I'm unusual in that.

(2) Port Adventures is a fancy name for tours and whatnot in the ports. You can acquaint yourself with what types of things are available by cruising the website, but the actual offered tours may vary. So get a sense of what you might want to do, but be flexible, in case that particular tour isn't available. Also know that you do not have to book a PA; you can tour on your own or stay on the ship. Lastly, know that experienced cruisers have seniority for booking, so it's possible that your first choice will be sold out already. But also know that they get cancelled and changed, and you will likely have other opportunities to book (even aboard ship!)

(3) Spa treatments; again, you can look around the website and see if something interests you in the spa. You should know that on port days the spa tends to run specials, and they are also, on port days, fairly amenable to deals. If the special is for, say, a 30 minute XXX massage for $Y, they'll usually give you a different type of massage for the same price on that day.

(4) Onboard stuff. On a seven night cruise there will be character meet and greets, like a breakfast where the characters come and say hi to you. These are for no additional charge, but you need a ticket to attend.

The other things to consider are how to get to the cruise and back and whether you want Disney's help for this, and also whether you want to prepay your tips. Lastly, as the time grows closer, consider whether you want to prepurchase a photo package or wine package and whether you want to order a going away gift (left in your stateroom).

Welcome!

Hello everyone, my DH and I will be joining you on this cruise. This will be our 10th Disney Cruise and our 8th on the Magic. The last two years we have gone to Europe with Disney, but I'm so excited to be going to Nova Scotia. I've wanted to go since my parents went 20+ years ago. They still talk about how beautiful and enjoyable their trip was.

Hi Hygienist999!
Welcome!
It will be my 10th, too! and Yes, my 8th on the Magic! Is that a doxie you're holding? So cute. I'm excited about this trip, too.

Hi Hygienist999!
Welcome!
It will be my 10th, too! and Yes, my 8th on the Magic! Is that a doxie you're holding? So cute. I'm excited about this trip, too.
Hey QueenEleanor, we love the Magic. The only ship we haven't sailed on is the Fantasy. But the newer ships stay in the Caribbean and we have gotten tired of going there.
Yes, I'm holding my Doxie Bode who is 2 1/2 years old, and we have another mini long-haired doxie named Cami, she will be 3 in May. We love Dachshunds. We had a Red with Black mini long-haired named Hobo and we had to make the decision to put him to sleep when he was 15 1/2 years old. I cried for 2 weeks and my DH told me to find a doxie, so I found these in Louisiana at Splendor Farms. Bode was on 2 weeks old when I called Kelly, the breeder. We went for a visit and came home with Cami, then went back to pick up Bode. They rule our home, lol.

Hi Hygienist,

The only boat I haven't been on is the Dream. So no grand slam for me! Not interested in 3 or 4 days on the Caribbean; give me Panama Canal or TA or funky special (7 might minimum) itineraries like this one! I've got Std Poodles (one's bday today! 9!) but I love doxies.

Hi - DH and I are sailing this one as well. We have been hearing that since there is a Marvel day at sea and Halloween we wont have a pirate night. Just rumors but wondering is anyone else has heard the same?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter