October 2018 Car Rental

Most times with Dollar your best rate is going to be the city special. They do offer AAA discount but I have never found a good rate with AAA and always get better with the city special. I have a rental from 10/8 to 10/20 that I got from Dollar during there big 8/8 sale and I got it for $280 for a 4 door truck or I have a Manager Special for $245. The manager special will be what ever they have the most of on the lot. I will ask when I arrive what it is and see if I want it or if I just want the truck. There is only 2 of us so the truck will be fine for us. I just can't do the compact car as I am way to big for that.

Thank you! I will look further into Dollar.

Our Dollar Mid-Sized 10 day rental just dropped another $13. Started at $345 months ago, now $302. Still hoping for less as we paid $197 for the same thing last year.

Bill From PA

Did you happen to book during the Dollar sale or is this prices not booked during a sale?

Most times with Dollar your best rate is going to be the city special. They do offer AAA discount but I have never found a good rate with AAA and always get better with the city special. I have a rental from 10/8 to 10/20 that I got from Dollar during there big 8/8 sale and I got it for $280 for a 4 door truck or I have a Manager Special for $245. The manager special will be what ever they have the most of on the lot. I will ask when I arrive what it is and see if I want it or if I just want the truck. There is only 2 of us so the truck will be fine for us. I just can't do the compact car as I am way to big for that.

Don’t forget spouse is ‘free’ with dollar’s AAA rate if they also have a membership & CC in their name.

I added on a day to beginning of my reservation. In process of trying to modify existing res online not going particularly well. Will send out emails tomorrow to plead my case with Alamo. Did grab a manager’s special for $190 9/28 to 10/7, comes out to 11 ‘rental car days’. Not thrilled with idea of compact tho

Tomorrow’s another day to dig, least i have a car in place.

Don’t forget spouse is ‘free’ with dollar’s AAA rate if they also have a membership & CC in their name.

I added on a day to beginning of my reservation. In process of trying to modify existing res online not going particularly well. Will send out emails tomorrow to plead my case with Alamo. Did grab a manager’s special for $190 9/28 to 10/7, comes out to 11 ‘rental car days’. Not thrilled with idea of compact tho

Tomorrow’s another day to dig, least i have a car in place.

Thank you for that information. I never think about the spouse thing because normal I book with Alamo through Costco and an additional driver is free and in California a spouse is free with all car rental companies

It's not just Disney bound people shocked over the jump in prices.

Last year Oct 31-Nov 6 in Maui I paid $196 for a minivan.

This year I am Oct 28-Nov 6 (9 days instead of 6) and the best minivan price I can get is $465!
Both with Costco, we need the additional driver
Much higher than I budgeted!
I'm starting to panic!

Down 3 dollars. But hey, I'll take it. Better be better this time. Booked full size, two weeks ago, lots of full size trucks and minivans. Ended up with a corolla. Yes, you're right, a corolla. When I complained that was not a full size car, they said I should have booked higher. Eh, wasn't going to fight. We drove all over, and used 1/4 of our gas, so in the long run, not having to pay much to refill, and a large trunk. I'll be seeing what the mid size means in a few more weeks.

Hey beginning of October, you're still about 100 dollars more than same amount of time at end of August. I'd like some more reductions of price sooner than later.

I have an early September trip in 4 days and my rate has stayed exactly the same for months. No drop whatsoever. Higher by $100 from past September rentals. Paying $320 for full size for 13 days.

I also have a late October rental (which is why I’m on this tread). So if October is anything like September rental, it’s kind of hard to get excited. Also 13 days, I have a $550 rental for a Durango, though hoping for a minivan. Rental rates are high, though I thought with the new parking fees the rental prices might get better. I guess I was wrong.

I haven't been able to find anything cheaper then what I booked for the Dollar sale. I am still hoping Alamo will come down as I prefer to rent from them.

I got an email from Dollar this morning and it brought my week long mini van reservation from 281 to 229. The rate I had was with the Dollar sale. This is in California but maybe it would bring down rates at WDW also.

The promo code for Dollar is 101352 good for rentals thru Oct 31. It’s good for pay later rate. Good luck if anyone wants to try it. As far as I know it’s not a one time use.

Had been stuck at $542 for a minivan for Oct. 11-21 for months (I have a $309 full-sized booked to see if there are any minivans in that Alamo aisle when I arrive) but I needed a minivan reservation as a backup. It finally dropped to $492 via Costco this morning. I at least feel better that the total starts with a 4 instead of a 5.

I've been holding a Dollar reservation - Oct 2 to Oct 12 - Manager's Special for $259. Today - ALAMO finally came down below my Dollar reservation. Check your reservations to see if they have dropped! I used the code AD2823JAZ and the Wyndam Account 7015071 (this combination was about $5 less than using Costco 7014627).

I've been holding a Dollar reservation - Oct 2 to Oct 12 - Manager's Special for $259. Today - ALAMO finally came down below my Dollar reservation. Check your reservations to see if they have dropped! I used the code AD2823JAZ and the Wyndam Account 7015071 (this combination was about $5 less than using Costco 7014627).

I tried your combo. Costco and AD3868JST turned out to still be better for me personally, at about $10 less than Dollar. Total plus since I prefer them anyway. Thanks for the update! Folks, try both and see which one works better.

When I try this for Alamo, it says the coupon code is invalid. Maybe because my dates are different than yours....

Keep checking!

I was able to get a increase in category and a $25 decrease in price, just by checking again.

My dates are 10/05-10/10.

Dollar had a great deal for a mini van at $246 for those dates, but I always hear horror stories with wait times with them.

All of the rental prices jumped extremely high overnight for my dates. So far Dollar sale was still the best rate I can find. I really hope Alamo will drop as I prefer to use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!