October 2010 - can anyone make an estimate at flight prices

Mrs Hobbes

DIS Veteran
Hi all - I've not posted on the UK board in ages, I've been lurking :surfweb: just not posting so I thought I should say hi again, its great to be planning again :goodvibes

Its 8 months since our last Disney trip and I am starting to get that "its time to go back feeling" unfortunately I have to wait until October next year, what makes it worse is that my brother in law and his girlfriend are going to Disney in Novemebr on our DVC points. Whislt I am pleased we could do this for them I so badly wish it was me going instead :rotfl2:

Anyway we have started our planning, we want to go back on October 17th 2010 so we are looking to book flights next month. This will be our first time going in October so can anyone give me an estimate on flight prices. We have miles so that we can miles+money with virgin or does anyone know of any other discount offers or cashback schemes we could use for flights.

:wizard:

If you go to virgin holidays and select fly-drive you will get a quote for the dates you are after.Make sure you use virgin holidays and not virgin atlantic as they will not have your dates up yet.

Thanks for taking the reply :goodvibes

We don;t want fly drives - I have ahd a look but it is much more expensive to do it that way. We just want flights no car hire required as we use disney buses.

Can no one hazzard a rough guess for october flights? :confused3

This years flight prices were roughly the same as the package holiday prices for half-term in October. £2700 for a family of four.

Depends if you are only wanting direct or willing to go indirect, last Oct Half term we paid £240pp indirect same route this year was £330ish next year maybe £350-375? its almost impossible to guess anymore.

we would certainly consider indirect for the right price. Can you point me in the right direction for searching out bargain flights. We have only ever gone with virgin in the past.

This years flight prices were roughly the same as the package holiday prices for half-term in October. £2700 for a family of four.

Thats a huge price we were hoping to pay no more than £400 each for our family of 3 :scared1:

If you want to go mid Oct(for 2 weeks?) then flights won't be available until end of Nov, its approx 11 months from your return date. Then check these sites every day until you see a price you are happy with

www.Kayak.co.uk
www .travelsupermarket. com
www.kayak.co.uk
www.orbitz.com

I start with them but search many more. Just now looking at a possible Easter trip and definite August trip, searching 6-10 times a day.

Wow, do the prices change that often? I was gonna put my own thread up in a month or so asking about Nov flights, we also have some miles, didn't know the best way to go about it as someone else has always done all the booking, would it be better to wait if they have jan sale, or have a price in mind an as soon as we see it, book?
Thought i'd done the hard bit choosing which hotel to stay in onsite (blooming free dining think its more hassle than its worth, only joking)
Ali

Wow, do the prices change that often?

would it be better to wait if they have jan sale, or have a price in mind an as soon as we see it, book?

Prices don't change often but when they do change you sometimes need to buy ASAP, for example they might only release 6 seats at that price and you need to get them before anyone else. I have booked Miles and Money fares a couple of times and then price has risen as soon as I have booked.

You can't know if there will be a Jan sale, book when you are happy with a price(then don't look again:goodvibes)

Thanks Wayne
Was planning on thinking of a price (am i being too optimistic with £350?) and when seeing it booking,
Oh the pressure, the pressure!
Al

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter