October 12th, 2018 3-Night Bahamian Cruise

DonnaRae

Earning My Ears
This is our first Disney Cruise!!! My husband and I are sailing with our daughter (age 30) and granddaughter (age 4) - we are beyond excited!!! We are on Deck 12 :)

Last edited:

We just booked this cruise yesterday. So far it is just my wife, daughter and I, but we may have some first time cruisers joining us.
We are on Deck 7 AFT, trying something new, our past cruises we have been on Decks 9 & 10.

Hi DonnaRae-- My son and I are also going on our first Disney cruise for Halloween on the High Seas! We are on Deck 8 and so excited! I am hoping our cruise has interest in forming a fish extender group.

We are still undecided but knowing my wife, we will do it...

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
We booked our cruise back in september 2017!
This will be my husbands second cruise (our first cruise as husband and wife). My 5th cruise overall/ with disney. We are in stateroom 2530.

We are onboard with doing a fish extender!

Last edited:

It looks like we have a decent amount of interest in doing a fish extender, I would be willing to organize if the group would like. :)

So what do we need to do?

I am setting up a google sheet. For each cabin it includes your DIS name, cabin number, # of Adults, Adult names (ages optional), # of kids, Kids names and ages, any allergies, any special occasions, and usually I add favorite character.

Last edited:
I am setting up a google sheet. For each line I will put your DIS name, cabin number, # of Adults, Adult names (ages optional), # of kids, Kids names and ages, any allergies, any special occasions, and usually I add favorite character.

Actually, I think I am gonna make it a google form... stay tuned! :)

Last edited:
This is my first cruise... do kids or kids/adults do FE? Do you set a certain number to participate? Do ypu give gifts every night?
Thank you :)

The short answer is that you can do it however you like. :) The way I have done it in the past; it is both adults and kids (aren't we all kids at this point? :) ) and I personally give one or more items per person and sometimes a cabin gift depending on what I decide to do. We do one per trip but we might not deliver all at once because it is fun to hold off so people get to enjoy it throughout the cruise (since ours is a short trip... we will likely do it all at once on the second night)

In the past I have done crafted items as well as purchased items, holiday and non holiday, consumable and not.... It really just depends what you want to do. I usually go to Pinterest for my inspiration, there are a million Fish Extender ideas on there. :)

The number of cabins is usually dependent on who signs up. I find ten and under to be a good number of cabins generally so they groups are usually split up. After ten it gets harder to manage the logistics of giving and receiving lol but that's really up to the group :)

I always end up with odds and ends extras so I typically deliver my extras to other groups.
Hope that helps!

If we get more people to join FE will you split into groups of a certain number?

If we get more people to join FE will you split into groups of a certain number?
In the past the groups we have been a part of generally try to keep it around 10-12 (depending on the overall number) cabins for ease of planning and packing, but can take a vote within the group to get an opinion. Some people have chosen to stay with in their group(if it gets split) others have opted to pixie dust everyone participating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter