Oct/Nov 07 Trip planning ...

Claud26

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of going down last week of October/1st of November to Celebrate our 10yr Anniversary taking the kids ds4 & dd7 :cheer2:
what's the weather like?

Doing MVSHP on Halloween night ... Any pros/cons... any suggestions would be great.

thank you !!

Claud26 said:
I'm thinking of going down last week of October/1st of November to Celebrate our 10yr Anniversary taking the kids ds4 & dd7 :cheer2:
what's the weather like?

Doing MVSHP on Halloween night ... Any pros/cons... any suggestions would be great.

thank you !!

Honestly I would hold off and go the end of Nov early Dec to see the christmas decorations they are incredible.

Weather that time of year is usually great. Later in November it can be a little colder but still very pleasant. If you go in Oct/early November the Food and Wine festival is on. We go the first week of November every year. It is a very busy time though. The first week in November is Jersey week and due to the end of F&W the crowds were much heavier.

And if you are doing MNSSHP on Halloween buy your tickets early - that's one night that usually sells out early!
It is a great time of the year to go though.

F4disneyfan said:
Honestly I would hold off and go the end of Nov early Dec to see the christmas decorations they are incredible.

we went last year 12/03-12/08 did MMVCP & saw all the x-mas decorations... you're right it is not to be missed... it was a great first trip to WDW.

If wine and cuisine is an interst of yours... you would check out the Food and Wine festival in Epcot... I'm definitely aiming to do it next year!

Goofy's apprentice said:
We go the first week of November every year. It is a very busy time though. The first week in November is Jersey week and due to the end of F&W the crowds were much heavier.

I was just going to mention that. We went the first week in November in 1998 and found it to be hot, and quite pleasant. We returned in 2003 with 2 DDs and were shocked at the crowds for an off-season time. :crowded: We were told at our hotel that this was due entirely to Jersey week.

The next trip in 2005, we went the last week of September/first week of Oct. Really quiet, beautiful weather, no lines. At the end of thr trip there were Halloween nights, and the Food festival began - so if you schedule it right, you can still enjoy the popular events at a quiet time of year.

People stay away from Sept. due to hurricaine threats. But you never know with the weather. We had beautiful sun that last trip. On our Nov. trip, we had the fall-out of a hurricane in Florida - really cold and full rain for 2 days.

To be honest, I might try May next time to avoid the weather pre-planning worries :sunny:

This will be my first Trip to Disney, not in December. I was kind of apprehensive as I love Disney decked out for Christmas.

I am planning a trip from Oct 30 / 06 - Nov 14 / 06. I can come in Disney with Halloween on the 31st and then because Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts on Nov 13th, I still get to do Christmas! I was so excited with the extension of MVMCP, gosh can't wait to go!

In with Halloween and out with Christmas!!!!!

:rotfl: :banana: :Pinkbounc :santa: :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts