Ocean campground east/northeast of WDW?

tinkerdorabelle

DIS Veteran
Looking to stay couple days on the beach on way down before we go into the Fort. We're coming from the Northeast so looking North Florida to mid East Florida. Would also consider Georgia? Any suggestions? Really hoping for right on the beach. Thanks!

I don't think there are many campgrounds on the Atlantic in Florida. There's an Outdoor Resorts in Melbourne Beach (very nice but sites are pretty small so over 40' probably doesn't fit) and North Beach Campground around St Augustine Beach (not as nice as Outdoor Resorts but decent, older campground with much bigger sites) that are on the other side of HWY1 but you can easily walk to the beach. The ocean is pretty rough at both so may not be suitable for kids or seniors. There's actually another one near St Augustine where the sites back to the retaining wall to the beach but I forget the name.

There's also Fernandina State Park in Florida near the Georgia boarder. We've been but I don't remember going to the beach much but it might be because it was too cold when we went. There's also Jekyll Island State Park in Georgia which I've heard is very nice but I've never been.

Looking to stay couple days on the beach on way down before we go into the Fort. We're coming from the Northeast so looking North Florida to mid East Florida. Would also consider Georgia? Any suggestions? Really hoping for right on the beach. Thanks!

Just remember after camping by the beach, the whole trailer needs a good wash to get the salt off of it, or you will have corrosion problems. I know someone who camped by the beach and did not, ruined their whole hydraulic leveling system from the salt in the air.

We have camped at Beverly Beach Camptown RV Resort, about 30 miles south of St. Augustine, when we have come down for races. It is right on the beach (or above the beach on top of a retaining wall). I liked it. No shade, but as close to the water as you can get.

IMG_0555.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter