Occupying littles at Epcot's World

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by TOBS2010, Apr 15, 2018.

1. TOBS2010

TOBS2010 A dream is a wish your heart makes...

DH and I would like to do a little drinking and enjoy walking around the World at Epcot. I have heard there are activities to do with little ones. Can anyone offer any insight? We will have a 2.5 and 5 year old---them having fun is important to me too.

2. disneydreamer1980

disneydreamer1980 DIS Veteran

There are kidcot stations in each country where they make a craft with CMs, there are passports you can get stamped, they can play agent p but may be too young for that yet, hedge maze in England, shows like Chinese acrobats and such, and of course the few rides (FEA especially)

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. fbarker

fbarker DIS Veteran

mmmm I would think that taking your kids to WDW and seeing them enjoy themselves would be "fun" and that giving up drinking around EPCOT or even giving up an evening of drinking to spend a week or so with your kids in a very special place would be fun enough. You can have your drinking night when you get back home......Just my humble opinion

LainieT and DoryGirl1963 like this.
  5. disneydreamer1980

If you wanted a date night while the kids have fun, there’s that new kids club at Contemporary, not sure the minimum age limit though.

6. Tksolomom

Tksolomom DIS Veteran

Really, just because you have kids you can’t have a couple of drinks and snacks? WS can be boring for little ones, but I would do the ride in Mexico and FP the Frozen ride. Agent P might be too old for the youngest one, but they might think it is neat activating stuff. I thought no the would like the shows like Japanese drums, the Chinese Acrobats and France chair act. There are the passports too. Kids seem to really like the Japanese store as well.

Kasper11, lilmape, Abbey1 and 8 others like this.
  7. disneydreamer1980

No shame in having a few drinks as long as you’re not falling down drunk and you can still take good care of your kids, why not. My kids love Epcot and WS. My toddler loved the train garden, the Chinese acrobats, the Japanese drummers and the gardens in England and Canada. Your kids will have fun, dont worry

8. Dr.Mickey

Dr.Mickey DIS Veteran

I wouldn’t worry at all about them having fun. They will. Our kids are older now (14, 11, 11), but we spent two days at Epcot with all three around age 4 and 7, continuing once a year as they have aged. Epcot has always been their second favorite park, even at that young age. We even took the oldest at 2 by himself. You just never know what they will enjoy.

Our plan at Epcot was always to pick what we enjoy. Our kids didn’t put a lot of emphasis on “rides” vs “experiences” at that age. We would stop for music or entertainment, wander through shops, eat and drink, and ride the ride at Mexico. But other than that, they just tagged along and loved it. When they got older, we did the agent P thing. And now, they could spend an hour in the Japan store looking at Pokémon and anime. I say just plan what you want and they will have fun too.

9. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

There are several character meet and greets around World Showcase if your kids might enjoy those. Alice In Wonderland and Mary Poppins in the UK, Sleeping Beauty and Belle in France, Aladdin and Jasmine, Snow White in Germany, Mulan in China, Anna and Elsa in Norway, Donald in Mexico. I'm not positive but I think the Times Guide will have details - as well as details on the "acts" like the acrobats in China, drummers in Japan etc.

Spork24 likes this.
  10. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

My kids have always liked WS. They like trying different foods (they aren't picky at all, tho), watching the acrobats, the drummers, the trains in Germany, meeting characters, Agent P missions (your younger one may not understand all of it but will probably like the special effect things), boat ride in Mexico, coloring the mask at the kidcot stops, looking around in the stores--especially Japan.

GADisneyDad14 likes this.
  11. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Kidcot stops, trains in Germany, and Misukoshi store in Japan were always a hit when. my kids were younger. They also always liked trying different foods, so that was fun.

I will say that when they were as young as your kids are now, DH and I also booked a sitter one night of our trip and spent an evening in Epcot just the two of us. That always seemed like a better time to have a couple of drinks and leisurely walk around.

GADisneyDad14 and DoryGirl1963 like this.
  12. Runnergal

Runnergal Mouseketeer

My kids actually LOVE world showcase. My 6yo just yesterday asked if we can please explore Japan while we are there. Parents and kids enjoying themselves are not mutually exclusive.

13. Disneylovingmomof2

Disneylovingmomof2 Mouseketeer

Wow I can’t believe the judgment oozing from that one post...
    OP I was just in WDW in Feb with my DH, 6yo, and almost 2yo. We did seven park days and Epcot was easily one of my favorites during this trip. My 6yo did the Passport which she was able to put the stickers on each country and get them stamped and personalized at each Kidcot station. She loved it. My toddler didn’t want to leave the trains in Germany. We had a great meal at Tutto Italia. I had a drink at almost each country. Several of them I split with DH. I wasn’t even close to being drunk. Get the passport (at any shop in one of the countries) stop and look around in each of the pavilions, get snacks and enjoy your drinks. It’s a great time!

14. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

Vacations are for the whole family, not just the kids.

OP, not sure if your 2.5 YO still naps...mine does. When we took him last year, we did our drinking/walking around while he napped. We are planning on the same thing when we go this fall. I think your 6 YO would like the Kidcot stops.

15. crazylady

crazylady DIS Veteran

When our kids were little, someone suggested going to EP early in our trip so they're not expecting to go to a placw with lots of rides like the MK and they are more content with what EP has to offer. I think your kids will be happy meeting characters and snacking around the world.

bumbershoot, 100AcreWood and kaetra like this.
  16. Happyinwonerland

Happyinwonerland DIS Veteran

When are you traveling? We were recently at Epcot for Flower and Garden and they had a fun scavenger hunt for the kids. We did have to pay for special maps with stickers, but they were cheap, around $5 if I remember correctly. As we walked around WS eating, drinking, and looking at the displays, the kids had to find Spike the bee and place a coordinating sticker at each spot. The kids sre 5, 10, and 11 and they all 3 had a blast looking for Spike.

17. eeyoresmom

eeyoresmom DIS Veteran

There's plenty to see and do but if you want to "plus" the experience for them you could do a " treat around the world" Each country has a shop where you can buy unique baked goods or wrapped candy. Some, like Germany and France are all out candy shops or bakeries. Others like Italy you could purchase one small wrapped chocolate for everyone to share. You wouldn't even have to do it at every country, maybe just the ones with no ride or show they're interested in.

Ollie's GG and joyjoy like this.
  18. tjmw2727

tjmw2727 DIS Veteran

OP no worries :) We did just that and often spent evenings at Epcot with our two dd's. There is nothing wrong with responsibly enjoying an adult beverage at Epcot while still entertaining your kids.

My kids loved the kidcot stations, meeting the cast members from the various countries, meeting characters n their respective countries, finding pressed penny machines as well as all the live entertainment -the drummers in Japan and the mime in Italy were among their favorites.

We would often park hop and spend evenings at Epcot World Showcase. I think my kids enjoyed the break from the go go go atmosphere of the other parks and didn't mind chillin in the stroller and taking things a bit slower at Epcot.

19. skramer100

skramer100 Mouseketeer

Depends on when. If at Food and Wine you can do the kidcot stops, passport signing as well as look for Remy. 2 years ago my 6 year old had a blast doing that. We were not allowed to leave the county until he found Remy and talked with the CM at each country. It is definitely a possibility for all ages to have fun.

20. TravelingTotMom

TravelingTotMom M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-M-M-Y!

I have an almost four year old, and he loves Epcot and the WS. He enjoys the KidCot stations in each county, as well as the Donald Duck boat ride (that’s how we refer to it) in Mexico and pin trading. It’s also impossible to drag him away from the trains in Germany and the hedge maze in the UK. We like to grab a beer at the stand next to the Rose & Crown check in and enjoy it while he gets some energy out running around the maze.

21. Beachmom0317

Beachmom0317 Mouseketeer

Wow judge much?! Holy moly

dlavender, Nhenn83 and DoryGirl1963 like this.