Obtaining Alcohol in a WDW restaurant.

Jatoas

Earning My Ears
I am 63 years of age and am going to WDW last week in Nov and first week in December, I am also English. This will be my first Adult only trip in thirty years and I am concerned about obtaining an alcoholic drink. In all the stuff I read it states; that you need two forms of Government Id, for foreign nationals, driving licence not allowed. I am not going to let my passport leave my hotel room so I will not be able to comply with this requirement. I would like a glass of wine at Monsieur Paul's and Le Ceiller but if I can't I can't, it wont ruin my holiday. MY question is this will I at my age be asked for ID or is the blurb just Disney covering themselves? In the UK you are never asked for ID!

In FL you won't be asked. In other states here you would be. (like here in TN and in GA everyone must show an ID, be you 21 or 91)
Also, I was speaking with a CM about non-US guests and buying alcohol a week or so ago. They said that a photo on your phone of your passport is sufficient.

Last edited:
At 63 I don't think you will get ID'd at all. I'd take a picture of my passport and leave it on my phone in case. We were there a couple weeks ago and I(37) or my wife(36) did not get ID'd one time and we bought several drinks.

I am 63 years of age and am going to WDW last week in Nov and first week in December, I am also English. This will be my first Adult only trip in thirty years and I am concerned about obtaining an alcoholic drink. In all the stuff I read it states; that you need two forms of Government Id, for foreign nationals, driving licence not allowed. I am not going to let my passport leave my hotel room so I will not be able to comply with this requirement. I would like a glass of wine at Monsieur Paul's and Le Ceiller but if I can't I can't, it wont ruin my holiday. MY question is this will I at my age be asked for ID or is the blurb just Disney covering themselves? In the UK you are never asked for ID!
If you appear to clearly be 'of-age', you will not be asked to produce a government ID at Disney to purchase an alcoholic beverage.

But be advised - Disney will always reserve their right to enforce a stricter policy.

Also, do not play around by purchasing alcohol for anyone you do not know to be older than 21 years of age. This is a crime.

You will fine, I highly doubt that you will be asked for any identification. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

The one place that I've seen ID everyyyyone is La Cava del Tequila or whatever it's called, in the Mexico pavilion. I think anywhere else you'll be fine.

On property you should be fine. I haven't been asked since a trip over 35 years ago. I was with my Sis who was only 22 . Off property you should be OK unless it is a rule for the company. We have a local liquor store , part of a grocery chain, that cards everyone no matter what their age.

The only place either my wife or I were "carded" was at Le Ceiller on our first trip in 2011. I remember it because my wife couldn't find her ID at first. We were only 30 back then so it was reasonable. Haven't been asked since.

I am 53, my wife a bit younger, and we were not asked for ID anywhere at Disney last week at any restaurants.

As others have said most likely you will not be asked however the have a right to and refuse to serve you..... It really is supposed to be ask all or ask no one to be fair... Years ago at pleasure island no matter what ago you where you had to show ID to get into some of the clubs after they removed the cover charge....
I have seen local places ID no one and ID everyone... If there is a state inspector around you can be sure everything will be done by the books...
Simply take a picture of your passport and carry another form of ID as you should anyway and for that anywhere you go period.

I carry around a color copy of my passport when visiting a foreign country as well as a photo on my phone. However, I seldom use my phone anywhere but my hotel so it may be off or not on my person.

I have not been carded in years outside of WDW but I am carded on and off there. I was carded at BoG when ordering a glass of wine with lunch but I half wondered if it was due to being on the DDP? I made some comment about my white streak and the bags under my eyes and carting around a ginormous 10 year old son making it pretty obvious there is no way I could be underage and the cm just shrugged and said it was policy. I am 45 but have been told I look late 30's which is still well beyond the age of being carded (I haven't been carded for at least 10 years if not more)

As UK person, I tend to take a photo of my passport and my (expired) driving license and this has always been ok. I get ID'd off and on (39) but Rainforest Cafe always seems to ask.

driving licence not allowed.....

Where are you reading this? Everyone I know who is from the USA only has their driver's license as their photo ID and that is what they show if they happen to be carded. While I understand you are from UK, we don't carry passports for domestic travel. I am not aware of any other kind of photo ID that US citizens would even have.

Where are you reading this? Everyone I know who is from the USA only has their driver's license as their photo ID and that is what they show if they happen to be carded. While I understand you are from UK, we don't carry passports for domestic travel. I am not aware of any other kind of photo ID that US citizens would even have.

US drivers licenses are acceptable ID at WDW. Foreign drivers licenses are not (without a copy of a passport).

Any Guest who wishes to purchase an alcoholic beverage at Walt Disney World Resort must present one of the following valid forms of identification:
  • U.S. state driver’s license (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. state ID (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. military ID
  • Original passport
  • Copy of passport (either on paper or captured on a mobile device), along with a government-issued photo ID** that can verify the person and birth date shown on the copy
  • NEXUS card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (Canadian Guests only)
All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.

The OP is traveling from UK, so obviously they would have a passport. Simply carry a photocopy of your passport or have an image on your phone if you want to leave the actual passport in your room. I don't see this as that big of a deal. Someone over the age of 60 is not likely to be carded anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts