O M G, It's Hilary with a Trump wig on.

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Polybound, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Novakm

Novakm Mouseketeer

I think in the last couple of years, Disney parks has changed their motto from "exceed expectations" to "good enough is good enough."

This Trump is "good enough".

Ps I have only seen it on YouTube

2. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I doubt Disney had someone working on the Trump figure the whole time the attraction was down. Most likely they gave it a certain time frame, and decided enough was enough.

Isn't the reason why the attraction was closed so long because of some disagreement between Trump and Disney? Maybe this is Disney's way of getting back at him a bit. But then Obama's figure looked weird too. The head was wrong, as were the ears, and he looked white.

I can't be too offended by what it looks like. Given the source material. It isn't like Trump looks like JFK. Or even Quayle.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MrKnight

MrKnight Former WDWCM & Proud DIS Member

Thanks to you as well Alicenwonderment! You got to stand on the stage?! Sounds like an amazing experience!!! What did the animatronics look like from the stage? I have always been curious what the sets look like up close, I have always found the view from the theater seating to be very limited and at an angle that only allows you to see what they want you to see which I guess makes sense from a "show" standpoint, I have always been curious what the rest of the stage and sets look like..

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  5. RaeDisney23_

RaeDisney23_ KUFIKIRIA KIJANI

Hey, Did you take any photos?

6. MrKnight

From my understanding, the disagreement was over the recorded speech, it is not unusual for there to be disagreements with these type of undertakings, the recorded speech will be heard by millions of WDW visitors for years to come so it only makes sense that all parties involved would want the best and most impactful speech, if anything this shows that all parties involved (regardless of political viewpoints) understand the importance of this attraction and actually care about getting it right, I don't see this as a bad thing.

I already made my viewpoint clear about any indication that the poorly designed animatronic was "Disney's way of getting back at him" as you stated, as I stated previously I can only hope that Disney would not get down to that level of immaturity in an effort to make a political statement. This attraction is about the history of America and a way to educate younger generations and respectfully honor our presidents who were elected into office by the people. How does making a political statement set an example for younger generations? Especially coming from an established company that people look up to like Disney?

I don't quite understand what you are getting to with this comment. Please elaborate.

L&Lfan, SorcererHeidi and Cotillard like this.
  7. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I don't believe you but I will humor you. Trump is not a young handsome man.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2017
    JacknSally likes this.
  8. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

There was a lot too it. Disney upgraded the sound and projection technology in the theater. There was some complication in getting the audio recorded as well. So yes the AA was not being created the entire time. It even began being formed before the attraction went down for its refurb.

KenHutch likes this.
  9. auntfrannie

auntfrannie DIS Veteran

I used to think that the Ellen figure in Dinosaur was the poorest likeness to the real person. Now that honor goes to the Trump figure.

10. MrKnight

Speaking of the Ellen figure, I wonder what happened to it, I remember even Ellen herself commented about it on her TV show and even joked that she was joining to ask Disney to donate the figure to her to use on her show :tongue:

11. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic Mouseketeer

I must have missed this yesterday. Thank you very much @SorcererHeidi. I look forward to meeting you in person one day.

12. rteetz

Most AAs are repurposed for parts and such.

OKW Lover likes this.
  13. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Same here, @disneyland_is_magic !! Sounds corny, but one of my fondest "dreams" in life is to meet some of my fellow posters, and at least some of The Team. And give BIG hugs. :) :)

14. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Ummmmm......what do you call an AA organ donor?

(I don't have an answer, but think this would make a GREAT joke!) :jester:

*NikkiBell* and rteetz like this.
  15. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Disney released statement saying the delay had nothing to do with disagreements and they were focusing more on the new narration and sound system.

Personally, I think this is all being blown out of proportion. Ever since the original Imagineer who did the faces for the other AAs left, they’ve been horrible. Obama’s is abysmal. Trump’s is as well. I honestly don’t believe the Internet-born conspiracy theory of it being Hillary at first and then changed. I also don’t think a poor job was done on purpose. It’s just that this new sculptor cannot match the original CM’s work (the name escapes me at the moment - was it Blair Gibson??).

16. rteetz

Blaine Gibson :)

17. GreatLakes

GreatLakes DIS Veteran

It is really terrible. Obama's was not good but was not terrible either. This was either done by a complete hack with no talent or was a purposefully bad job. I think the former is more likely but who knows.

L&Lfan likes this.
  18. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

I haven't watched the video, but the pics make it look awful. I thought the Obama one was bad! The title of this thread had me in stitches for awhile. :lmao:

Aerin75 and Alicenwonderment like this.
  19. mefordis

mefordis If you can dream it, you can do it.

Johnny Depp looks great in POC.

20. rteetz

Johnny Depp in POTC is not Depp in real life.

danielocha30 likes this.
  21. missbrooke06

missbrooke06 DIS Veteran

Hillary Clinton? That's straight up Jon Voight.