NYC to Bermuda! Who is going....

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
I haven’t seen many post regarding this falls inaugual cruises to Bermuda, so I figured I would start one.

I am so excited, DH and I were there in 2002, but never got back.

I wonder how the weather will be? I had checked my week this past October and it indicated mid to upper 70’s, which would be fantastic. I figure the water will be low 70’s. But will try to get in!!

I can wait till next week to see what excursions will be offered. However, Bermuda is pretty easy to navigate on your own.

Curious about excursions, our cruise isn’t till the 24th. Anyone who is cruising earlier in October, what did you see or book for Bermuda.

DH and I venture out to the Naval ShipYard where the ship docks in 2002 and there wasn’t much there. It looks like there is a lot more happening now. I remember the snorkel park is there. The fort is a nice visit.

I believe you can Ferry from there to Hamilton. And I will definitely get back to Horeshoe Bay Beach!

Ok, looking forward to hearing from all my follower Bermuda Cruisers!

We are on the first loop to Bermuda, looking forward to returning there after last year's one week long stay. Have not seen the actual excursion times yet, as our booking window is not yet open, golds and platinums on our cruise will have that information. But overall, it's a typical mix: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/bermuda/ Beach transfers, Crystal Caves, Aquarium, St. George tour, scuba, boat tours etc.

I'm booked on the October 4th, 2018 NYC to Bermuda cruise which is the first one. Booked Crystal Caves excursions, Night Boat Excursion, And Island tour Excursion for following day. Got Tastings booked as well at meet and greet with princesses and Palo Brunch. I'm excited never been

We are on the cruise right after yours (5 night). Since we are platinum, our window opened at midnight this past Sunday morning. We were able to book the following:

Day 2: Palo Brunch
Day 3: Haunted History Tour of St. George's (husband's pick). This leaves at 5:15 pm and includes dinner.
Day 4: Railway Trail Bike & Beach Tour (my pick). This leaves at 10:15 am.
Day 4: Palo Dinner (pirate night)
Day 5: Chocolate & Liquor Tasting (our third so might not keep)

I was interested in the Crystal Caves but not the DCL excursion. When I checked the bus route, it would have taken us quite a while to get there. We have not been to Bermuda in the past.

I'm booked on the October 4th, 2018 NYC to Bermuda cruise which is the first one. Booked Crystal Caves excursions, Night Boat Excursion, And Island tour Excursion for following day. Got Tastings booked as well at meet and greet with princesses and Palo Brunch. I'm excited never been

Wow! I am so excited now to see all he choices.

Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful time!

We are on the cruise right after yours (5 night). Since we are platinum, our window opened at midnight this past Sunday morning. We were able to book the following:

Day 2: Palo Brunch
Day 3: Haunted History Tour of St. George's (husband's pick). This leaves at 5:15 pm and includes dinner.
Day 4: Railway Trail Bike & Beach Tour (my pick). This leaves at 10:15 am.
Day 4: Palo Dinner (pirate night)
Day 5: Chocolate & Liquor Tasting (our third so might not keep)

I was interested in the Crystal Caves but not the DCL excursion. When I checked the bus route, it would have taken us quite a while to get there. We have not been to Bermuda in the past.

Thanks for sharing. I love your DH pick, I am a ghost hunting lover. But the Bike & Beach sounds fun!

Wishing you a great and fun cruise!

We are on your cruise OP! We loved the catamaran tour we took on our southern Caribbean cruise so we are booking one in Bermuda. What puzzles me is that DCL Port Adventures only allows ages 5 and up, but when I go on the vendor’s site the same excursion is all ages. Because my son is 3 we have to book through the vendor. Don’t understand why DCL is excluding children...

Our booking opened up today for Oct. 4th cruise. We are 2 adults with 3 kids (6/4/<1), so we have to work around age exclusions.
For the first day, we booked Horseshoe Bay transfers and the Pirate Sunset Glass-Bottom Cocktail Cruise (BR30), which fits right before our second sitting dinner. DCL's Crystal Caves and Aquarium excursion (BR22) is only offered on day 1, and it would end up costing us a lot more than doing it on our own, as admission at both the caves and the aquarium is free for kids 5 and under - so we are planning to head there on day 2.

Can't wait to hear about the cruises to Bermuda....we were booked on the October 13th Bermuda one but recently changed to the Quebec to NY cruise. I was in Bermuda for mothers day a few years ago and it was chilly on the beach. Hope the weather is warm enough for everyone.

Please post when you all get back. Have a good time.

MJ

....we were booked on the October 13th Bermuda one but recently changed to the Quebec to NY cruise.
We would have loved to do Quebec, but late September didn't work for us. Now we can only hope that DCL brings Quebec routes back in 2020.

Bermuda is certainly cooler than Caribbean destinations, and DCL is heading there towards the very end of the season - but the weather should be comfortable.

Bermuda is certainly cooler than Caribbean destinations, and DCL is heading there towards the very end of the season - but the weather should be comfortable.

This is what I am hoping for with the bicycle excursion we booked.

we will be treating my parents for their 80th birthdays on the October 19 departure! Two verandah rooms - hoping the weather cooperates!

We are on the Oct 13th 6 night.. Dh uses an Ecv so we booked the trolly tour on day 1 but will use the ferry to get around with the Ecv the rest of the days. We honeymooned at the Hamilton Princess way back in 1977.

We would have loved to do Quebec, but late September didn't work for us. Now we can only hope that DCL brings Quebec routes back in 2020.

The only downside to the Quebec cruise (wish I could do the NY to Quebec and the Quebec to NY) is that we have to rent cars one way for the 8-9 drive to Quebec. The Bermuda cruise would have been nice as it is a roundtrip. We live only about 30 minutes from Manhattan.

MJ

We’re booked for Oct 13! We’re excited to do some snorkeling and the nighttime Bermuda Triangle cruise excursion. :jumping1:Hope everyone has an amazing cruise!

Don’t see it happening. DCL is having a very hard time in trying to fill the ship for the two Quebec cruises. Heard they are almost giving the cruise away to cast members. Just like in Hawaii in 2015 when they were almost giving the cruises away to cast members. DCL is learning their lesson one way cruises that starts in USA and ends in Canada and vice versa doesn’t sell good if it’s not a repo. I have no idea why I was on the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise and will be doing the New York to Quebec cruise.I like to do different cruises some people like to do the same old cruises over and over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter