Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Kimmielee, Sep 21, 2005.
Would YOU book Northwest right now?
Probably. I am still booking DL. What are your other options and when are you flying?
Flying out of DTW on 4/18, coming home on 4/30....Spirit, which is priced WAY out of the price ranges ($1400 compared to less than 1/2 of that for NW).... Airtran... a possibility if I change my days slightly... and SouthWest once they open up flights past Jan 9th!
Log in or Sign up
to hide this advert.
Hmm... that is acutally pretty far out. I am not sure what I would do there. I think I would wait and see what happens over the next few weeks if I could.
Yes, I am still actively booking flights on NW. I have a flight to Heathrow next month, a couple of short-hauls to Pittsburgh and New York late fall, and of course a trip to WDW in Feb already booked.
They needed to lay off those employees, as they had drastically cut their flights, but couldn't shed workers due to union contracts. Under bankruptcy, they can finally get their staff sized to the flights they operate.
ITA!!! The have to shed some payroll to tighten the belt!
That being said, I just booked a flight on them in Dec out of DTW. I doin't think they are going anywhere soon. They may, however, be cancelling some flights and combining others.
If they cancel a flight... do they rebook you on a similar flight or are you on your own to find your arrangements... again?
Generally, if a flight you are on is cancelled or rescheduled by more than an hour, they will rebook you on any of their flights that are agreeable to you without charging you money (even if the new flights you book never had seats at that rate). In my experience, they've also been pretty good about notifying me of changes to my flight schedule. It might cause some havoc with first day/last day plans, but you won't be out in the cold.
I hear ya! I'm in the same boat only for Feb. flying. Personally I won't book NW right now but mostly because they are so darn high for the dates I want to fly. I'm waiting for SW too even though they are not direct flight from DTW to MCO. I have heard some people say they wouldn't buy NW tickets more than 60 days out because that is the limit of protection by credit card companies.
Separate names with a comma.