Nut Allergies

Minnie724

Earning My Ears
My three year old is allergic to peanuts and all tree nuts. My TA took this info when we booked. I plan to meet with food and beverage once on board, but do I need to do anything else to avoid any nut encounters?

Thanks!

--First Time Sailors: April '06

:yay:

My family and I sailed aboard the Wonder this past 4th of July. DD6 is allergic to peanuts, DD3 is allergic to tree nuts. Just a few tips off the top of my head...

* Make sure you contact Disney yourself about the allergies You want to be sure that they know.

* You can register the your child for the kids club online. There is a place to enter any special concerns/needs. Be sure to include the allergies so that the staff is prepared. When we picked up our beeper on embarkation day the CM reconfirmed with us that our children had allergies and showed us which activities they could not participate in. (My DD6's age group made chocolate chip cookies, which contained traces of peanuts/nuts).

* If and when you leave your child at the kids clubs, leave a bottle of Benadryl and an EpiPen at the check-in desk. They were happy to take responsibility and I felt better knowing that life-saving medicine was with the children and not in my bag or the staterooom.

* Bring some of your own safe snacks, especially desserts. Dinner each night was hard, as almost all the desserts were off limits to them. We had some tears (how many fruit plates can a 3-year old eat!), but managed to make it through. In the dining rooms, your head server is your go-to person. Ours was extremely cautious, which I liked. I am very risk-adverse and never take my chances with the kids and food.

* You should check it out for yourself, however, when we sailed the soft-serve ice cream by the Mickey Pool was safe for our children. I suggest you make sure that your child has some every day to avoid tears later. It is hard for them when they have to walk past the tables piled high with cakes and cookies and not be able to eat them. Being able to take them for ice cream definitely helps. Keep in mind that they stop serving the ice cream before late-seating dinner (which we had) so we weren't able to bring them after dinner for a treat. Usually, we made sure we had some in the late afternoon.

If I think of any more tips, I'll post again.

Have a magical trip!

DVCDawn ::MinnieMo

Be sure and fill out the medical form and send it in. that way in case of an emergency the doctor on board will already know of her condition, plus they always alert the wait staff too. Even though they will also tell them when you check in with them on board, you should always do the medical form too. It is extra insurance so to speak.
You can print this form off yourself from the DCL web site.
mom x4,grandma x4

You can also get Mickey Ice Cream bars for desert (my son did every night) and delivered by room service (free, tip to delivery person suggested)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter