Number in reservation

badeacon

DIS Veteran
I am making reservations for 6 adults and 1 child age 2. I found that reservations for 7 were often not available but reservations for 6 available. Any problems with making reservation for 6 and fitting 2yo in high chair at the table?

Going from a 6 top to an 8 top is not as easy, for the restaurant, than dropping a person.

Try looking for parties of 8. Disney adr logic hates odd numbers

And you can’t jus pull up a high chair. Tables are close together and typically no open ends

Going from a 6 top to an 8 top is not as easy, for the restaurant, than dropping a person.

And you can’t jus pull up a high chair. Tables are close together and typically no open ends
And to add to this, their are occupancy limits due to fire codes which is why everyone, even infants, have to be on the reservation. Show up with an extra and if the restaurant is full you may be turned away.

As well, codes require that walkways and exit routes can’t be blocked in anyway so the restaurant can’t just fit in a high chair.

I am making reservations for 6 adults and 1 child age 2. I found that reservations for 7 were often not available but reservations for 6 available. Any problems with making reservation for 6 and fitting 2yo in high chair at the table?
another one suggesting look for a Ressie for 8 instead of 7. no problem with only 7 instead of 8. of you. if you go with the 6 and show with 7 they may or may not seat you. if they do you most likely have to wait longer for an 8 top to become open. people with ressies for 8 will be seated before you. have seen this happen a few times. the one time that i really remember mother was very upset as they ended up waiting over an hour past their time while watching others seated ahead of them who arrived after them including us with a party of 14 with a baby. was still complaining that we were not made to wait and we had a baby but we had included her in the count

Last edited:
2 summers ago a local friend joined us for a few days. I had hard to get reservations for our party of 4 and she would make 5. What I did was make a reservation at the same time as ours for one person. When we got to the restaurants we were lucky in that they let us all sit together except for Rose and Crown where she was at a two top right next to our four top. This works since she was an adult and we were willing to accept the risk but I found it much easier to get a reservation for one person then to try to change our party to five people.

Very true!
2 years ago, we tried adding one person to a meal. It took 2 days, lots of calls and a lot of luck.
Dropping a person is much easier, just let them know at check in.

Thanks for the replies.
i already had some reservations made for 6 and could not find any for 7 or 8 at the restaurants I had made reservations for. These were for 2/16-20/2020.
I was playing around with my reservations under plans on MDE and clicked on update guest list and added the under 2 infant to the list and after clicking done, the reservation was changed to 7 guests. I then did the same thing with other reservations and added the under 2 and same results. Now all my reservations show 7 guests on MDE.

2 summers ago a local friend joined us for a few days. I had hard to get reservations for our party of 4 and she would make 5. What I did was make a reservation at the same time as ours for one person. When we got to the restaurants we were lucky in that they let us all sit together except for Rose and Crown where she was at a two top right next to our four top. This works since she was an adult and we were willing to accept the risk but I found it much easier to get a reservation for one person then to try to change our party to five people.
Not anymore. I go solo to WDW often. I never had a problem getting an ADR for 1; until now. Looking ahead to my trip in March, I am having a very difficult time finding a table for one at many of my favorite restaurants. But if I search the same time, party of two, there is availability.
So, based on the advice of many solo travelers here on the board, when I can't find any availability for 1, I book for two.

you're much better off booking for more people than fewer people. It's not just a matter of "fitting in a 2 year old at the table." The 2 year old also counts as a person for fire code capacity, the same as anyone else would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter