Now Seen it all

lucky1

Face Character
Yesterday morning when leaving DL through DTD about 9:30am, there was a young boy of 8 or 9 in the fountain that is opposite La Brea bakery and an older gentleman, that we assumed was his grandfather. The boy had a stick and was digging the coins out of the fountain slots and pocketing them. DH made a comment to them, but didn't seem to faze them. We never saw a DLR Security on our way out to let them know.

Should we have done something else?

geez are people that hard up to steal other peoples wishes? That's just wrong! I would have made a louder comment if they didn't hear the first one....:confused3

maybe they wanted 2 turkey legs but could only afford one :lmao: ........ i might do the same thing some of those load fries from test poilets was involved lol :thumbsup2 ..... Noo i'm just kidding.... thats pretty bad to have the kid doing it at disneyland of all places..... they should go to the mall next time lol

Rats! I threw a coin in there last time I visited - there goes my lotto win.

Well, what goes around comes around. 8 or 9 is a mature enough age to tell what's right or wrong. But I am surprised the grandfather didn't do anything.

At DCA I was waiting for Calvin to exit the restroom. There is a fountain in front of the bathrooms that has a block wall around it. I watched a man pick out the coins and hand them to his daughter. The scary part was that the kid was walking around that wet wall tossing the coins back into the fountain.

I so wanted to say something but he was speaking a foreign language and it is up to security to remove kids from the fountain. Perish the thought of someone hacking a spit ball into the fountain or other things in the water.

Maybe they needed money to get into the park. Sad to see such things in parks. Maybe it was a form of protest off of Disney making money from wishing wells, lol.:lmao:

I thought Disney donated all the fountain coins to charity???

That is a sucky thing to do no matter what.

Wow I didn't know they donated the money to charity. Cool tidbit.

well I personally wouldn't mind if a couple of pennies I threw in there goes toward a kid having enough money to eat. Its sad. Its not right, but if they are so hard up that they have to steal change from fountians, that I just threw away. I dont mind. It would be a different situation if the kid and grandparent were vacationing there and had money, that would be wrong.

Not meaning to start anything here, but I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt. If you can afford to go to Disneyland, you shouldn't be digging money out of the fountains. If you can't afford to eat and have Disney AP's you need to eBay them. Wants vs. Needs

Personally, I'd figure it was a wahoo and his great-wahoo out being idiots.

That is sad. I see a lot of parenting done that way now though, sit by and don't care.
I did this one time at the mall when I was young. My brother and I got bags and filled them up. We took them to my dad who was in a store, and he promptly made us dump it all back in. So I learned it was wrong. Sometimes kids just don't know, but the grandfather should have said something, that would have been a valuable lesson down the road.

What? That is just awful. I'd understand more for the kid, (although he really should know better) but the grandfather? Ridiculous. :sad2:

I think Disney should have a little sign or plaque on or near the fountain saying "Disney donates all wishing well money to charity. Please do not collect coins from the fountains." Hopefully that would at least let people know that they would be stealing from charities. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter