Now on the Wonder!

terrybsw

Mouseketeer
Currently on the Wonder heading to Tracy Arm. I am not a trip report writer, but here are a few observations so far.

Updates after dry dock are great to see: covered areas on deck 10 with loungers. New Aqua Lab looks fun. LOVE the new Cabanas. Bright, fresh look and feels less congested. Had dinner tonight at Tiana's Place and enjoyed the live show. Last night was Animators Palate. I really noticed the new chairs- much more comfortable. Food has been very good. Our servers Quentin and Putu are great.

Shopping: Got a new Alaska themed Tervis, Disney Alaska T-shirt and a few things from the local artists store on deck 3.

Cabin: we have an aft cabin with Navigators Veranda. Great place to watch the scenery protected from wind and rain showers. We had some excessive vibration noise -rattling from the ceiling. Our cabin host -Elmer - quickly sent a message and a carpenter was here within hours. Much better!! Elmer checked back with us and Guest services sent an aplology gift.

We are loving the views and the Naturalist talks by Doug Jones are not to be missed. He even gives out his room number and encourages folks to call with questions! Saw him this afternoon in the Cove Cafe and he was happy to talk with folks.

Feel free to ask questions if you have them.

Wonder is my favorite. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have time for more updates. Enjoy:flower3:

I'll be on the Wonder, taking her back through the Canal. We have taken the most of our DCL cruises in the Wonder, so I guess it's my favorite ship!

So you're making it to Tracy Arm? I think that will be the first cruise this year.

What stateroom number? We are in Navigator Verandah in a week and a half!

@terrybsw : Thoughts...
  • What were Palo's hours during your cruise into Tracy Arm?
  • What time did you reach Sawyer or the Wonder turn around?
  • did you get to see Sawyer?
  • was there a salmon BBQ? If not..... what food was available?

Keep the updates coming, the wife and I loved our time on the Wonder and Alaska !!

Whats the air temp like on these cruises this time of year?
Vancouver was in the lower 70's. At sea yesterday was 60; cloudy with occasional showers. Low clouds on the mountains. Today is predicted 50's with occasional showers. Everyone says wear layers and they are spot on. A good quality rain jacket is a must..I go to a waterproof Columbia jacket for under $100 ( and I am Pooh sized).

Palo: regular brunch and dinner hours. 10am - 12:30 brunch. 6-8:30 dinner. We had brunch yesterday...awesome!
All of the cruises so far have gone to Endicott Arm. The Emerald Princess is in Endicott Arm this morning, so I expect the Wonder will also be in Endicott Arm this afternoon.

Go to https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-134.0/centery:58.0/zoom:9 if you want to play along at home.

Question about your servers, we will be having a party with 4 with dietary issues, by chance have you seen how well your servers deal with them? We had excellent servers on the Magic last time that made a world of difference (they even knew which desserts used beef gelatin), so I would like to find really good ones that know their stuff on dietary issues, which not all do unfortunately.

Thanks for posting!
What movie are they showing for the show? I think it has been Pirates on the Skagway night, but we were wondering if it would switch to Cars 3, now that it is out.

Lovely to hear! We loved Alaska and the Wonder is our fave! We were on the WBPC and noticed a strong sewage smell in Cadillac Lounge and the nightclub restrooms, especially on sea days with a bit of rocking....any update on this situation ?

Very glad to have really Doug Jones is still speaking !

Due to ice, we were in Endicott Arm and saw Dawes Glacier. We started in the arm around 11:30. It was about 2ish when we started to see the Glacier. The boat then stays at the closest point and turns so each side of the boat gets a view. Then turns around and heads out. We were out on deck from about 10:30 - 4:00. We saw multiple calvings! All happened later in the day right before we turned around. According to the naturalist, Dawes frequently calves due to the salt water tides. Dawes is a bigger Glacier. I was very grateful for waterproof shoes; rain jacket; knit hat and binoculars.

No salmon BBQ. I waked thru the buffet line...nothing much different. While in the arm, they handed out hot chocolate and pea soup in bread bowls.

Thanks for posting!
What movie are they showing for the show? I think it has been Pirates on the Skagway night, but we were wondering if it would switch to Cars 3, now that it is out.
Movies: in Buena Vista Theater
Born in China
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Pirates of the Carribean Dead Men Tell No Tales
Beauty and the Beast
Cars 3
Moana

Shows:
Frozen
Frozen deck party
Golden Mickeys
David Gath (magic)
Be Our Guest
Micheal Harrison (comedy and ventriloquist)
Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!