Now for the CS reviews - 9 days, even more food!

brutus

<font color=blue>WL Vet
I won’t go into the detailed schedule I did on the table service meals (mainly because we didn’t keep as good of track as the TS meals). Also, we ate most b/fasts in the villa – 1 bedroom with a full kitchen, but here is where we ate for the other meals:

Another note: My wife took our DD to the Tea Party at the GF. They came back glowing and the pictures and video my wife took made it look like it was worth the $$$. It has been 2 weeks since the Tea Party and it is rare when I don’t see my DD toting around her princess doll she got at the event.

Hurricane Hannah’s:
The food was pretty standard CS stuff. The hot items were hot and the cold items were cold (always a plus). Our only problem with this place was the WAIT. We had lunch here our first day and the wait to get to the order point was 30 minutes. Then the wait to get our food was another 40 minutes. The woman in front of me was given a frozen peanut butter sandwich. She asked the young CM how her son was going to eat it frozen :confused3 and the CM said “it should thaw out in the sun after 30 minutes or so”… not the right thing to say after an hour+ wait. This was also at 2:30 in the afternoon, not noon or 6pm. We didn't come back here because the line was always out of control.

So instead we went to……..

Beach Club Marketplace:
Wow, this place was 10x better than HH. The food was better, nicer selection of sandwiches and more selections of everything….and NO WAIT. For those staying the BC/YC/BCV, you should give this place a shot. I loved the Roast beef & Brie on the ciabatta roll with horseradish sauce and caramelized onions. DW enjoyed the salads and clam chowder. Kids loved the ham & cheese wrap. We ate here several times on our stay. We also had breakfast here once and the omelet croissant was enough for two.

Pizzafari:
Even though we had 2 adult CS and 2 child CS the CM allowed us to get 3 pizzas (there really is no pizza on the kids menu here…weird), we also had a cheese quesadilla. Pizza was good and hot.

Pinocchio’s
They really do a great job of getting everyone through the line here (HH CM’s need to take a field trip here to study what they do). We had Grilled turkey & bacon, Italian sub, mac-n-cheese and pizza. All good. We also had 4 Mickey rice crispy treats.

Blizzard Beach
This was just me and my DS (DW & DD were at the Tea Party) I don’t remember what we had, but I don’t remember it being bad, so it must have been pretty standard CS food. I do remember that they told us we could keep our receipt and come back later for our ice cream. I liked that (HH did not offer that – I will stop hammering on HH now).

Toy Story Pizza Planet
OK, I got pretty tired of pizza, but the veggie pizza here was pretty good and not as greasy as most of the other pizza we had. With a salad, I felt I was eating a little healthy!

Sunshine Seasons
We all love this place, everyone can go their own direction.
DD: Chicken Leg & mashed potato’s – gobbled it all down
DS: Sweet & sour chicken – If he didn’t look exactly like me I would swear he was from Asia
DW: Soup & salad – she didn’t remember what all was in meal but she said it was very good
Me: Turkey & Munster Cheese – excellent, the bread was foccacia and was so good
We all shared the desserts, pudding, ice cream, rice crispy treats. Excellent CS meal.

World Tour CS extravaganza
One of the best things about staying at the BCV was how close it is to EPCOT. The first night we weren’t sure how long the walk was so we started down the path. My after no more than a minute or two, my DW saw a boat queue with a boat and no people. She said lets just take the boat, there is no wait. Well, that was the place to get off the boat to go to EPCOT… ok, so skip the boat! One of our favorite CS meals was what we called our “world tour extravaganza”. What we did was each one of us picked out a CS country, then we each shared the food at the country.

I will go in order:
1 – DW: England, Yorkshire Fish Shop: Fish & Chips. This was excellent; everyone devoured the fish & chips. I also added a Bass Ale!

2 – DS: Japan, Yakitori House: Tonosama Combo. Not bad. Not as good as the fish & chips but the shrimp was good. Beef was a little tough, but the Kirin I added washed it down nicely.

3 – Me: Germany, Sommerfest: Bratwurst & sauerkraut and apple strudel. Kids did not eat much here but this was my favorite. I had to get my favorite beer, Spaten Optimator, to go with the bratwurst.

4 – DD: Mexico, cantina de San Angel: Plato Combo (Mexican/English translation). We did this after our bad meal at San Angle (TS) and this was way better. Everything was excellent. I also added Dos Equis just so I could say I ran the board. Afterwards we all stuffed down a churro and then I dozed through the boat ride in Mexico!

Best Counter service meals from the gang:
DD – Pizzafari
DS – Toy Story
DW – Beach Club Marketplace
Me – (I cheated) Beach Club Marketplace/Sunshine Seasons

Disney is so much about food for our family. We had a great time and the food made it that much better! (see and I didn’t rip on Hurricane Hannah’s again…oops, ok not anymore starting now!)

Thanks for the report! Great idea of the CS sharing, might have to try that one in October, but it will be wine for us instead of beer...LOL

Bev

Thanks so much for the reviews on CS...I know sometimes they don't get reviewed as often and I really enjoy the reviews on them. We are staying at BC in August and I will definately stay clear of HH!!! I've heard nothing but good things about Beach Club Marketplace so we'll be trying it out. Thank again!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the report! I printed off your CS around the World suggestions. My DH will thank you! :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the CS reviews! I also enjoyed your TS reviews. Very helpful for our first time visit in October! :thumbsup2
Keyana

Thanks so much for posting. Your reviews were very helpful. I've heard nothing but good things about Sunshine Seasons. We are looking forward to having at least one CS meal here. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait to try out Cantina de San Angel for some reason. Glad to hear you liked it!! :cool1: (I can't wait to try a churro, I've never had one!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter