November Trip

susquehannaretriever

Earning My Ears
Wife and I will be visiting on Thurs 11/2 & Friday 11/3; were just going to do 1 day but managed to squeeze out another day of a 10 day trip for our 30th anniversary. We are staying at the BW directly across the street from the main gate. My question is, how are the parks at this time? Weather? Crowds? I know unofficial guide lists 11/2 as a "2" crowd day and 11/3 as a "4" but can we realistically expect to do 1 park each day? Warm enough for shorts? We go onto the San Diego zoo from there and then 3 days in Vegas so we can't spend any more time in the parks. If anyone can give me a feel for this time period it will be appreciated.

At this point, I don't think anyone has a good sense of what crowds will be like...other than there doesn't really seem to be any "slow" times in the parks anymore. It's best to expect for fairly sizable crowds and if it happens, then you'll be prepared and if if it doesn't happen, you'll have lucked out. Historically, it seems like those should be fairly quiet days because it's after the end of HalloweenTime and before the start of the Holiday Season. However, depending on any ticket deals, special activities (e.g., AP Days) or other events, the parks may be crowded.

Weather can be anything from hot to cold...I've worn shorts in November and I've also been there when we needed jackets all day long. So, the best you can do is look at the weather reports a few days before you go and see what they're predicting. At a minimum, I would still take some long pants and/or a light jacket for the evenings/nights, which can get chilly even when the day is warm.

Those days may be a little busier than expected due to Dapper Day being that weekend.

Also, if the Christmas parade returns to its traditional taping schedule, it will tape the first weekend in November. So that would mean lots of equipment blocking parts of Town Square, the Hub, and around the castle. It isn't hard to get around those areas if you know ahead of time what to expect, but it can block your photos.

We've found that time to be a good time to go. They usually have most of the Christmas decorations up by then, but you don't necessarily have the holiday (Thanksgiving thru New Year's) crowds. We've had great weather during that time - it's usually when we go because my kids are off track early November.

In 2014, it was not crowded at all. In 2015, it was a bit more crowded. In 2016, it was crowded. Hard to predict these days.

That time of year, I like to just wear jeans. Sure, it might be warm during the day, but when the cold air comes in at night, I'm always happy I didn't go with shorts.

In 2014, it was not crowded at all. In 2015, it was a bit more crowded. In 2016, it was crowded. Hard to predict these days.

That time of year, I like to just wear jeans. Sure, it might be warm during the day, but when the cold air comes in at night, I'm always happy I didn't go with shorts.

That's interesting, we were there that week in 2016 and I didn't find it to be very crowded at all. Especially tues-thurs. Jungle Cruise and IASW will be down, but if you don't mind that, it's a pretty good time to go.

As figment said it can be busy at any time these days. It seems when there this a predicted lull Disney does something to entice more APs to come. However, with the end of Halloween and Christmas season a few weeks away, those should be good days to go. Certainly better than if you went a month before or after. You can do one park per day, just prioritize the things you want to do at each park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter