November or April crowds with MS

meg&alliesmom

Earning My Ears
We all know how tiring the crowds can be. As we are trying to really start to plan, I don't know if we should go on April vacation or Thanksgiving. I hate to have the kids miss too much school. My first pick would be to go in November and enjoy the Christmas festivities too. They would miss only 3 days. We'd go the Fri before Thanksgiving and stay thru the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The other option we are thinking is April vacation. For us, I believe it would be about April 15th, a few weeks after Easter. I hear Easter is just nuts, but what about the middle of April? How bad are the crowds at that point?

The week before Thanksgiving is very quiet, and the week after Thanksgiving is very, very quiet. We go then. On Thanksgiving week, the crowds are heavy but not unmanageable on Wednesday through Sunday. The weather is cooler. As for April, it is warmer weather. I have been twice in April, it is high season and the crowds are pretty thick. It is considered Spring Break from March through April, with the week before and after Easter being very heavy crowds. The weather is lovely then, but it can get hot in the daytime.

If you get a GAC, and pace yourself, and plan ahead for breaks, you should do fine whichever time you decide to go. :)

Well you may not want to go THIS yr the week after thanksgiving....thats DIScon...and Im sure the crowds will be enormous ;)

We have been to WDW during our Spring break during the past 5 or 6 years. As teri mentioned, the whole time between March and the end of April are Spring break time. We found it isn't too bad though except the week before and after Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter