November Exercise Challenge--No stuffed turkeys here! Time to get moving. :)

Rose&Mike

DIS Veteran
Thank you to 2TxAgs for hosting the October thread. :)

It's coming! That time of the year where healthy lifestyles fall by the wayside, stress (good and bad) pushes us to the edge and exercising goes out the door. :eek:

But it doesn't have to be like that this year. :goodvibes

Time to commit to taking care of yourself FIRST! Make yourself a priority and let's all hit the holiday seasons happy, healthy and sane. :cheer2:

I challenge you to push just a little harder this month to get in a little bit more activity. Plan your gym/walks/swims/skiing, etc and get in that exercise this month!

Did you know that a goal of 1800 min for the month is just 60 min a day of activity?
A goal of 900 min is 30 min of activity per day. :goodvibes

How the challenge works:
Post your personal goal for November (xxxx minutes of exercise) and then post updates as frequently as you like. Progress will be tracked here.
Please post your update total at the top of your post.
You are also welcome to share your activity as well.
EXAMPLE:
301/1800
45 min running.

Sticking with the fall colors, as you reach milestones for the month, your name and total will change color:
At 10% you'll be yellow
At 25% you'll be orange
At 50% you'll be dark green
At 75% you'll be dark red
At 90% you'll be red (because you'll be on fire!)
And at 100% you'll be WISH green!

Here we go! Post your self-challenge and I'll add you to the list!

Participants:
DisName Name Total Goal Spacer Percentage
dopey4disney 0 / 900 -- 0%
IowaTater 0 / 1000 -- 0%
fairymum 65 / 700 -- 9%
Heather.Mohler (Heather) 20 / 199 -- 10%
Vidia2 520 / 1500 -- 35%
BernardandMissBianca (Buffy) 422 / 950 -- 44%
NancyIL 375 / 800 -- 47%

momofdjc (Reenie) 485 / 900 -- 54%
jillbur (Jill) 547 / 900 -- 61%
DisneyBelle99 850 / 1250 -- 68%
dreamseeker9 706 / 1000 -- 71%

hmack 826 / 1000 -- 83%
Rose&Mike (Rose) 1683 / 2000 -- 84%
tiki23 1660 / 1900 -- 87%
2TxAgs 1317 / 1500 -- 88%
mrsdrake625 1150 / 1300 -- 88%

araes2102 (Amanda) 810 / 900 -- 90%
glss1/2fll (Linda) 1547 / 1700 -- 91%

MRS_AR 1619 / 1600 -- 101%
KateB 820 / 800 -- 103%
keenercam (Cam) 1390 / 1300 -- 107%
huckleberrykate 2471 / 1800 -- 137%

I am in for 2000 this month. Big goal, but I am going to go for it. :)

We have a couple of mini trips planned this month, so if I am away from the computer for a day or so, I have not deserted you all. Just might be unplugged for a few days, but I promise to be back and update as soon as possible. :)

My first WISH challenge! :goodvibes

My goal - 1000 minutes for November. I'm at 858 minutes for October with 2 days still to go. I really want to cross that 1000-minute mark for November! I've lost 10 pounds in October, my goal is to lose 7 more pounds by Thanksgiving. I can do this! :cool1:

Thanks for taking on this busy month, Rose&Mike. *LOVE* the thread title! Enjoy your mini-trips this month!

I'm sticking with 1500 for a goal. It was a stretch in October, and with kiddos home and family in for the holidays, I think it's a good number.

:goodvibes WELCOME dreamseeker9!

I haven't ever posted on the Dis before but I would like to join you guys if I could. They are putting a gym in my office that opens the 8th and I am just starting my fitness journey. Can I start gentle?

:wave2:Would love to join this thread also! I am shooting for 1800 minutes and will end the month with a half marathon on Thanksgiving day! It will be my 2nd of the year! I did my first full this last Sunday and it was amazing! Good luck to all and hope everyone has a successful month!:thumbsup2

My first WISH challenge! :goodvibes

My goal - 1000 minutes for November. I'm at 858 minutes for October with 2 days still to go. I really want to cross that 1000-minute mark for November! I've lost 10 pounds in October, my goal is to lose 7 more pounds by Thanksgiving. I can do this! :cool1:
Welcome!! This is a very supportive challenge. :)

Thanks for taking on this busy month, Rose&Mike. *LOVE* the thread title! Enjoy your mini-trips this month!

I'm sticking with 1500 for a goal. It was a stretch in October, and with kiddos home and family in for the holidays, I think it's a good number.

:goodvibes WELCOME dreamseeker9!
Wasn't sure about the title, but I'm glad you like it!

I haven't ever posted on the Dis before but I would like to join you guys if I could. They are putting a gym in my office that opens the 8th and I am just starting my fitness journey. Can I start gentle?
Welcome! Just let me know your goal for the month. :)
:wave2:Would love to join this thread also! I am shooting for 1800 minutes and will end the month with a half marathon on Thanksgiving day! It will be my 2nd of the year! I did my first full this last Sunday and it was amazing! Good luck to all and hope everyone has a successful month!:thumbsup2
Welcome! Where is your half on Thanksgiving?

Welcome! You can set whatever goal you wish :) A gym in your office is pretty convenient. Hope you get to take advantage of it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for hosting this month, Rose! I love the title, too. I keep thinking of big turkeys running down the street with race bibs on :)

I'm in for this month. I'll shoot for 900 minutes again. If Black Friday shopping counted as exercise, I'd shoot for about 700 more lol.

Jill

Hi, everyone!

Rose, thank you so much for hosting this month!!

I was happily surprised to hit my goal in October, even though my half-marathon was cancelled. Guess I didn't set my goal high enough.

Going for 1300 this month. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am in for 700. I am hoping to use the gym at work daily once it opens in the next couple weeks. I am excited to start getting myself back!

What a great idea. So glad I found this thread! Hopefully, this will get me back on my elliptical which is currently being used as a hat/coat rack. Lol

You can put me down for 1500.

Thank you for hosting this month, Rose! I love the title, too. I keep thinking of big turkeys running down the street with race bibs on :)

I'm in for this month. I'll shoot for 900 minutes again. If Black Friday shopping counted as exercise, I'd shoot for about 700 more lol.

Jill
Good to see you Jill!

I would love to join! I will go for 900 :)
Welcome!

Thanks for asking- I am running the Atlanta Thanksgiving Half Marathon
Exciting!

Hi, everyone!

Rose, thank you so much for hosting this month!!

I was happily surprised to hit my goal in October, even though my half-marathon was cancelled. Guess I didn't set my goal high enough.

Going for 1300 this month. :)
Good to see you too Cam!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am in for 700. I am hoping to use the gym at work daily once it opens in the next couple weeks. I am excited to start getting myself back!
Got it!

Please put this turkey down for 1300. The thread title is awesome!
Thanks!

What a great idea. So glad I found this thread! Hopefully, this will get me back on my elliptical which is currently being used as a hat/coat rack. Lol

You can put me down for 1500.
:rotfl: Hopefully you can find that elliptical!

I'm in for 1700.

Thanks so much for hosting this month, Rose! And a big thank you to last month's hostess!

Please put me down for 1,000.

It's going to be a stretch because next week is the busiest week of the semester for my office which means being tied to my desk and fried mentally.

BUT what's life without challenge? Down right boring, right?

Thank you for hosting.

I'm in for 1700.

Thanks so much for hosting this month, Rose! And a big thank you to last month's hostess!
Got it! :)

Please put me down for 1,000.

It's going to be a stretch because next week is the busiest week of the semester for my office which means being tied to my desk and fried mentally.

BUT what's life without challenge? Down right boring, right?

Thank you for hosting.
Got your too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!