November advice please

How many days do you consider a good reasonable length for a Walt Disney World vacation?

• 1-3

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 3-5

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 5-7

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • More than 8

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Green Monster

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
First time posting. Been loving the YouTube's Best and Worst recently so it looks like I'm a little late to this party lol. I'm looking to surprise my girlfriend with a Walt Disney World vacation for her 30th birthday from 11/12 - 11/18. Now the free dining plan starts 11/14 and I intend on staying at Port Orleans Riverside (my favorite Moderate Resort too Pete!) but I do not 'plan' on (yuck yuck) doing any dining plans as it not offerred at Riverside at that time anyway, so i was wondering how do you think crowds would be affected? Can you recommend another resort that has King beds along the same line or even cheaper?! And is there anything i should know about planning a trip during this time? Thank you in advance and you have a new Disney subscriber. :)

Hi all,
First time posting. Been loving the YouTube's Best and Worst recently so it looks like I'm a little late to this party lol. I'm looking to surprise my girlfriend with a Walt Disney World vacation for her 30th birthday from 11/12 - 11/18. Now the free dining plan starts 11/14 and I intend on staying at Port Orleans Riverside (my favorite Moderate Resort too Pete!) but I do not 'plan' on (yuck yuck) doing any dining plans as it not offerred at Riverside at that time anyway, so i was wondering how do you think crowds would be affected? Can you recommend another resort that has King beds along the same line or even cheaper?! And is there anything i should know about planning a trip during this time? Thank you in advance and you have a new Disney subscriber. :)

You've picked a great week to go. That week is a bit lower in crowds. Not empty of course but very manageable. November is my favorite month for Disney. Mainly because the weather has been awesome on our last 3 November trips. It's warm but not too hot, low humidity, and it doesn't rain much.
Also, the Christmas decorations are up or in the process of being put up. Check out the gingerbread house at the grand Floridian.
Have a great trip!

POR is probably one of the better moderate resorts. The only way you can get a king size for the same or cheaper is one of the following: Stay off property and rent DVC points which may or may not be cheaper.
The other moderates on property are comparable in price so stay where you want to stay.
Crowds are not high because it's the week before T-giving but don't expect them to be "low" meaning don't skip making fastpass selections or making ADR's where you want to go. You will still need them.
Living here I can tell you that November is a lovely time. The past few years, Nov has been exceptionally warm but it also, in the past, has been cold. I don't know where you are from but Nov is probably like late March/April weather wise in the north. Evenings are usually 60's/70's with days in the low to high 80's. 2010 was the last "cold" Nov we've had where days were in the 50's/60's. So watch our weather as you get closer to the trip but it should be nice either way.

Agreed on POR. We've had good luck weather-wise in early November and it doesn't coincide with school holidays, so the crowds felt manageable. We typically don't do dining plans either (unless there's an incentive though our Disney VISA, etc.), which I think actually gives us a little more flexibility to grab quick service meals/snacks on the go, without the rigmarole of reservations/meal planning. It is fun to be in MK with the Christmas decorations up.

Ok y'all, change of plans. Now going December 2-9th. Anything special i should know about or expect? Thank you in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter