November 2021: Father and Son (plus) trip!

ThreeMountains

Mouseketeer
I haven't been to WDW since December 2019, and I was getting nervous I might not be able to go back until after the 50th Anniversary celebration. But an opportunity came along I couldn't pass up, so one month from now, I'll be at the parks with my son! Huge thanks in advance to my wife for staying home with our one year old; we couldn't make a full family trip work and she recently visited family back home with one of them while I watched the other, so now I get to visit family with one of them. My family just happens to live near WDW. :cool1:

CAST OF CHARACTERS

Me (37) - Disney World fanatic. Been going since I was eight weeks old. Originally from New England but have lived in Texas for almost a decade.

Michael (my son, 3 going on 4) - Technically his third trip to WDW, but he was only one the first two times he was there, so this is basically his first "real trip" as a kid. He's obsessed with Mickey and friends, the new Mickey cartoons, Cars movies, and more. He also asks me every night if I'm taking him to Disney World tomorrow, and he tells his little stuffed Mickey he's taking him to Disney World with him. It's maybe the cutest thing you've ever seen.

Mom and Dad (60's) - My parents live in Florida and actually turned this from an anniversary trip into letting me and Michael split a hotel room with them so we could all take Michael. They're originally from New England but have lived in Florida for many years. They reside about an hour from the parks and are annual passholders. They're also the best grandparents a little kid could ask for.

Brother and Sister-in-law (both 30's) - Not staying with us, but they're cast members and have arranged their schedules to be able to go to the parks with us at least two days. They haven't seen Michael since he was one, so they're excited to spend time with him in the parks.

TRAVEL DATES

November 6th - Michael and I fly from Austin to Tampa on Saturday the 6th and will be spending Saturday through Monday staying with my parents and visiting with family who live in the area. I have a lot of family in the Tampa/Orlando area.

November 9th - Michael and I will drive up to Disney with my parents for four days in the parks staying on property. We'll drive back to my parents on Friday night after a park day, then fly back to Austin on Saturday.

HOTEL

Michael and I will be splitting a two queen bed Pool View room with my parents at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I haven't stayed here since it was Dixie Landings, and only walked the property once since, so I'm excited to check it out. I'm also hoping we can fit in some pool time, as Michael loves pools and I noticed they have a great splash pad. Oh, and of course there's the big dragon slide. Cool at night and warm during the day would be ideal, but you never know about the weather in Florida this time of year!

PARK DAYS

Tuesday - Magic Kingdom, because you have to start at MK when traveling with a little kid. Focusing on all of the classic kid rides for Michael, along with as much "Meet Mickey" and/or cavalcade time as possible so he gets to see all of the characters. Planning on rope drop if we can leave my parents' house early enough, but that might be difficult. Going to park at French Quarter, then take the bus to the park since Michael knows all about the Disney buses and just riding one to "Disney World" will be exciting for him. Not a big deal if we don't make rope drop, but I am hoping he can see the short park opening show in front of the castle. And I doubt we'll make it until fireworks, but I do want to see the new show at least once if I can make it work.

Wednesday - EPCOT, and possibly either a park hop or Disney Springs in the late afternoon/evening.

Thursday - Magic Kingdom again, because this is where the majority of the rides are for little kids.

Friday - Animal Kingdom first half of the day, then likely a park hop to Hollywood Studios for two or three attractions I really want Michael to see.

I will update as I have time and continue to make plans!

Have a great trip. There’s boat service from Port Orleans to Disney Springs which is super nice. Your little boy would probably enjoy the Skyliner too which is easy to do if you are at Epcot or Hollywood Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts