November 2020 W.I.S.H. Thread - The Beginning of a New Adventure

My self care for today is the same as usual...workout, meal planning, grocery store, food prep, making sure things are ready for school this week. Might even get a chance to clean out the linen closet today. I feel best when getting things done!

My self care for today is the same as usual...workout, meal planning, grocery store, food prep, making sure things are ready for school this week. Might even get a chance to clean out the linen closet today. I feel best when getting things done!
View attachment 540933
Agree 100%.

My living room has been set up for remote teaching since March. Knowing that we could go to remote at home at any point, I couldn't bring myself to take it down only to have to set it up again. Since DD has been out of work, she's been attending fashion school online and selling online too. She took over the dining room. We also have extra supplies stored in the dining room since our pantry is full.

With the holidays here, I had to clear
out my teaching area for the tree, and DD had to relocate upstairs to the family room. She's 80% of the way there. Unfortunately, the supplies need to remain, so I covered them with a tablecloth. It felt great to declutter and clean along the way.

I'm so excited that December is imminent. I'm ready for Christmas🎅🎄🤶and even more ready for 2021!🎆🎉🥂

I also agree with cleaning/organized as an antidote to stress. DH knows to just let me tear apart and put back together a closet or cabinet sometimes. :rotfl2:

This weekend, I cleaned out a “hot spot” - where boxes and bins collect in the spare bedroom. We’re having some windows replaced in the spring, and the guy is coming Monday to measure. Too much stuff was in the way, but it looks so much better now!

I also agree to the power of straightening up, and it is on my self-care list for today. So far, I got up and got into the shower and did my hair. I’ve been out to do my errands now I’m going to sit and knit for a while. Then I’ll get my new desk out together and straighten in the bedroom/office. By midday hopefully the fog will have burned off and I’ll spend some time straightening up outside.

I can take the third week of December, starting the 14th.

I think the not being able to clean the house was the biggest disappointment of the twins being home for the holiday! I was soooo ready to purge their "toys." Is that what you call a handful of craft sticks with faces on them?! good grief!

I made the mistake of eating a peppermint chocolate cookie that DH got at Trader Joe's. It was a good reminder of foods my stomach doesn't like! I'm back on track with healthier eating again. Turned the turkey carcas into stock last night and there is room in the fridge again! Nice to see all the healthy veggies in there! Now I just need to reach for them.

Back to work this morning, and kind of glad about it. I never take extra time off around Thanksgiving, so was feeling kind of guilty. I did manage to stay off company communication except to sort thru in the evenings, and it felt like a lot of stuff was going on but really was case of reading about the entire day at once, it really wasn't that busy.

Woke up to a storm this morning, with rain and wind, normally I'd want to snuggle in and listen but this morning I was ready to go.

November was kind of a bust for me healthy-wise. Again. But on to December and to finish the year out on a joyful, positive note.

We woke up to rain this morning. But by this afternoon it will be snow and we are supposed to get 8-12 inches. I am working at home with my heating blanket because it is so cold and I am sitting right in front of the windows. We did get the plastic to cover these windows with. It will help me from being so cold. We just need to get it up. We will do it either tonight or tomorrow.

After a week of beautiful weather we woke up to rain and wind. Hope it lets up so I can get my walk in to offset the pumpkin pie. Will head home tomorrow and ready to get back to our healthier meals.
One of the reasons I enjoy our smaller house in OC is that I have much less stuff! I need to get serious about paring down at home-one of my problems is all the crystal and china that belonged to my grandmother and my mother. But my daughter and niece don’t want it and I have my own things I love and use. It’s hard to let it go, though.

Last edited:
Back to teaching in school today. We have a terrible rain storm, and I ventured out in it to sit in my car to eat lunch and have a proper mask break. 9 days except for one without having to wear a mask was heaven. I didn’t mind being in the house because the long break from wearing a mask was wonderful.

It’s getting up to 63 today in Connecticut. Wacky weather. Last year we had snow. The heat in school was left on high apparently because my room temperature was 83 when I walked in. After opening all of the windows, it’s dropped to 78. Yuck. Good thing I wore a sweater set with a short sleeved shirt.

Unfortunately instead of maintaining this month, I gained a few pounds. So back to being careful again.

See you all on the December thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter