Nov. Trip Report (Hopefully with Video)

CaptBane

Mouseketeer
Jade and I will be using the Grandparents Video Camera during this trip. So Hopefully I will have some video to go along with Daily posting I'll be trying to get up as we go. We shall see what happens. Lol

We are just 4 hours away from leaving the house. And five hours from getting on the bus to head out. We should be at the hotel around 7 am or so. Jade double checked we won't be able to check in until after 11 am. But we'll leave our bags and take a little walk before the park opens for a few hours before getting settled into the room.

We have arrived, after a long bus ride...and a long day of waiting (I'll get to more details later) We are in our room. Getting ready to head back to DCA for Radiator Racers and World of Color! (At least that is what DS Wants to do. Me Im all for a crash and burn! lol) More details to come as we go!
Lala Coop look for Jades Green Dis Boards ears and my CaptBane Ears! lol

Looking forward to your trip report.

I'm going to go ahead and move your thread to the Trip Report Board. :)

JadeDarkStar here
I am not going to mess up CapBanes plans but wow I had a good second half of the day. First half i kinda got a bit over upset about something but its ok now.
So today we did a lot of first's.
Today we got the meet an greet visa card done, with stitch.
We got to ride on the Columbia
We got to see pixar parade.
we rode hunted mansion, arials, and rsr
We saw the lighting of carsland
we saw woc winter dreams OMG that was the best and they have added alot of new things from last year it was 30mins long not 20. Cap Bane will be showing you soon

Tomorrow we will do elsa, then over to dca for the meet an greet visa members, and then to pick up bib number stuff and then to rfc for lunch before we go to our tour and then parade. Yes tomorrow is packed but it will be fun and we will have and early night

Ill get in to why im mad sad upset from earlier, another time. Has to do with horrible bus ride no sleep and the hotel. It all worked out but kinda spoiled my first part the trip.

Thanks for the update, eager to hear how the frozen meet goes. How long did you have to wait to line up for WOC and what area did you end up in? Bummer about the start, but glad you didn't let it ruin your trip. Now, go rest and rejoice, you're at Disneyland!

Okie lets start at the beginning:

8:00 PM Wed. November 12th:
We left the house for the Greyhound bus station in Phoenix AZ. To catch (What we thought would be a 9:40 bus) but which turned into a 10:40 bus because of the time change (Which AZ does not do!) Boarded the bus for the ride to L.A.Thanks too two extremely loud female riders sleep was almost a non existence happen stance.
Arrived at L.A. 4:20 AM (On time) Waited An hour and 20 minutes for the 6:00 AM bus to Anaheim...A forty minute ride turning into 50 minutes because of...you guessed it L.A. Traffic!

Arrived at the Anaheim Greyhound station at 7:00 A.M. smooth sailing to get the taxi to Dessert Inn...(It is now Thursday November 13! Yay first day of Holiday decorations in DCA and the Magic Kingdom.) Now on the 12th we knew rooms wouldn't be ready when we arrived. But we prechecked in at the front desk and went the continental breakfast. (Pastries, hard boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal with real maple brown sugar to add, bagels, toast, coffee, milk, apple and orange juice. Also fresh apples and oranges) Then it was over to the parks! By now it is about 8:30 (Thinking it was a 9:00 A.M. opening...it was a 10:00 A.M. Opening. Ok so it's off to Down Town Disney and to look over the Winter Village and the Ice rink. Which was kinda cool. A quick stop at the Disneyland Hotel to check on where to pick up Jade's bib number for the race on Saturday. Then another stop at Rain Forest Cafe to change the reservations. Both an easy success...by now spirits although tired are high...then its off to DCA to grab World of Color Fast Passes...Then Jade and the kiddo decide we -have- to do Radiator Springs Racers at night! So world of Color Fast Passes gotten! The kiddo is dying to go on a ride...so Aeriel's Grotto is a walk on! On we go...the kiddo makes the observation they should do this with the Lion King! (Brilliant kid he'll be an imagineer someday!) Then whoosh off to scope out the perfect place to film the World of Color. (Video comming soon! Just too tired to do it now)

Then some photopass shots around cars land while we waited for the later Fast Pass to the racers. Once that's done a call to the hotel (Still no room ready... it is now 11:30 been going with little rest since 8pm on the 12th.) Then off to find the VISA meet and greet...With Stitch! Hugs all around and firm handshake later we'er headed to the Magic Kingdom (After picking up our free photo with Stitch. Boarders added for free!) and our photo pass plus lanyard...Then across the way to the Magic Kingdom. We jumped on the trolly to the castle filming Mainstreet USA as we go...Then its a quick trip through frontier land while the kiddo mentions food! So its a quick stop a the packed Golden Horseshoe Saloon. To check to see if the Malifcent Dragon cup is still available which it is! (Seems to be a Fantasmic promotion.) After a quick bite...off to the line of Pirates...much longer than the 15 min. posted. So off too the Haunted Mansion with some much improved updates! Then off to the Columbia...which everytime before was in dry dock! Then spirits have been dragged through Im tired stage about 12 hours ago...back to the hotel in the hopes of a room to sit and relax before heading back to the night at DCA. NO SUCH LUCK WAS TO BE HAD! An hour and a half later 3:00 pm...with a lobby full of others waiting...we got the keys to the room! Yay...after trying to find the Pizza hut at the Fairfield Inn...it was decided a stop a Micky D's for a nuggets and fries would work until we got back...so off to DCA...A walk through Carsland to wait for the neon lighting...Its Radiator Springs Racers time! The kiddo and Jade and are once again in High spirits...Dad is still too tired to argue about anything! Then its a two photo passes poses and off to find our spot for World of Color! As it happens we are in time for the Pixar play parade! (Another first) Then after a couple bites of cold fries and nuggets the kiddo complains hes cold...so off to the Tasty pilots for a couple order of fries and a sprite...Then back up to wait...and wait...and wait...8:15 and World of Color: Winter dreams begins! A wonderfully breathtaking show well worth the wait...Then it's back to the hotel for some Rest before starting all over tomorrow morning!

So tommrow after our tour and Parade I will go about posting the video's I have shot so far!

See everyone then!

JadeDarkStar here
Bus yes Grayhound from Phx AZ. We don't drive but this bus trip was much longer or so it seemed, with two ppl in front of us by two rows who would not shut up. They were stoned and every one on the bus knew it. They were almost tossed off the bus two times in the middle of the trip.
We couldn't get more then 20mins of rest at a time so over all i think i had 3hours of sleep since 8am wed morning until last night at 11pm. (so like almost 40hours going going going.

The hotel had told us 1pm, 230, and 3 during the day. At 3:10 with a lobby full of 9 family's complaining they finely check ppl in. They had told 3 family's though out the day 2:30 too. One person said loudly and I also added in too. How she lives on yelp and that she would be posting about how there phone calls were more importation to them then the lobby full of ppl waiting. I said loudly how I wondered if the ppl on Disboards had been mistaken about how good the hotel was. LOL low an behold 3mins later were being checked in.
BTW- they said it was the workers who hadn't cleaned the room. That was the reason we were all waiting still. Hire more

Rooms: Beds are hard but I don't care i'm at Disney land its cheap and my son loves the walk. Would i stay again? Not sure yet.
Bathrooms smaller than I hoped but it works. Waters hot and cold once you figure out that the are labeled backwards. (**)
Love the size of the fridge, microwave works. Internet is better than I would have thought.

woc- we went over about noon and figured out with a nice cast member from Ariel where the blue fp line up would be and we were taken down and she showed us a center stage place that lined up with the fire hydrant place. (awesome tip) The fire hydrant is now in the bench area for disabled ppl so we were one tier below it but still lined up. If you come this year it was between the blue and red presents right after the arch way. BEST SEATS EVER. BEST SHOW EVER. we were right against the green rail and saw everything/

Alright Day two starting now!!!

GREAT recap of your first day. :thumbsup2

Sorry about the idiots on the bus. Ugh.
And check in. Ugh.

BUT like you said you are in DISNEYLAND!!!!!!! :cool1:

Sun is shining!!! Have a GREAT FABULOUS MAGICAL day!!! pixiedust:

Day 2 (So Far)
7:30-8:00 AM:
Lined up at the main gate to the Magic Kingdom to await the Anna and Elisa meet and greet! (Yes I refuse to call it "The Frozen" The Characters have names for bloody sake!)

8:30 AM-
Park ticket scanned to await countdown!
Countdown from 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1!
Dash down Main Street USA to the Anna and Elsa meet and greet line!

9:00 AM-
Picked up Fast Passes for Anna and Elsa (sensing a theme yet?)

Rides to kill time while waiting for the Main Event (Wanna guess what that is?)
Pinocchio's Daring Journey (Walk on)
Snow White's Scary Adventure (Walk on)
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (Walk on)
Alice in Wonderland (Almost a Walk on)
9:40 AM-Anna and Elsa
This was great. They had great interaction with both DS and Jade! At least 5 to 7 mins of interaction without feeling rushed at all! A great experience! Exited out near the Village Haus. And the Fast pass line went on...and on...and on...and on...
Then a quick ride on Pirates of the Caribbean (Walk On)

10:30 off to California Adventure for the Visa Meet and Greet!
11:00 AM Visa Meet and Greet with Daisy Duck!
So far the order of the Visa Meet and Greet:
10:30-11:00 AM Minnie Mouse
11:00-11:30 AM Daisy Duck
11:30 AM-12:00 PM Stitch
These are the only characters they have at this event so far. From what we have gathered this is a double round. Ending at 1:30. We assume Minnie will start again at 12:00 PM.
Then off to get Jade's Bib number and items for the big Race Tomorrow

Then 12:00 PM Lunch at Rain Forest Cafe (pics comming soon)
Now we are back at the hotel to rest before the the Big Tour and Holiday Parade!

Tonight since it will be an early night I will upload video's of the Pixar Parade, World of Color and the Holiday Parade...Also Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet!

So there was no line up at the hub? Just a mad dash? Was 0900 regular park opening time? Loving your updates, seems like you're having a ball!

The line for Anna and Elsa was started at the hub but stretched down main street,there was cast member holding a sign that read "Frozen line starts here" And kept moving every time some stepped up. Then they moved everyone over to the Meet and Greet. The first 40 in line went in at 0900 when the park officially opened. The rest were given fast passes to return.

Also the greyhound is much cheaper than flying if you can handle the ride from wherever your coming from. Now I'll work on the downloads to the computer and the uploads so that I can post the rest of today's events.

Okie, so the uploads to uptube are taking FOREVER. I will have to post the videos after we get back home. But I have Pic! That will be coming up shortly.

Day 2 (continued)
2:40
The Disneyland Holiday Tour began (Well not exactly at 2:40) we covered the Jingle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World. and Had great seats for the Parade.

Pics of Rainforest Cafe meals, Tour Pics , Parade Pics, will be posted up tomorrow. Just too tired to get them loaded on photobucket right now. Lol

Day 3 begins early tomorrow with Jades 5K race! We'll have pics of the after math when we get back from breakfast at IHOP!

Day 3
4:00 AM-Wake up (3:30 Am for Jade)
A quick snack in the hotel room before heading to the starting line for the Avengers 500K race.
Once the race started it was off to Starbuck's for a white chocolate mocha and a hot chocolate for the kiddo.

Then back to finish line for to wait for Jade to finish!

Now back at the hotel while she soaks and lays back for a bit before off to breakfast and a nice slow day of picture taking and shows at the parks!

3:10 for Jade LOL
Jade here. I DID IT yeah....
now after bath soaking tired legs and nap we are going to get ihop and then to the park for a slow day.

plans today
House of blues late Lunch 3:30
Mad tea party 6pm
F 10:30pm

We are hoping to get two shows out the way today too. Some main street and Bunia vista pics with photo pass + and some slow easy rides

Tomorrow we will try another full fledged hard day. I am glade I got the tour and woc and Elsa meet and greet, +other things out the way already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter