NOV. Hours & EMH - ALL are UP!

8:30 should work, don't you think? It's our first night in WDW and we have 3 littles ages (at that time) 9,7,5. I don't want to make their dinner time too late.

Im not sure what week your going, but I would suggest a car rental for Thanksgiving week. You can waste a lot of time waiting for shuttles and then making various stops on the way to your destination.

Many people prefer this as its a way to get off their feet and relax for a little while, but if you want to see the lights of the holiday season at any of the parks, you will have to go at night and it will be difficult to get anywhere unless you are eating in the parks.

I am going with a 4 year old. We planned time each day to go to the hotel for a nap, then out to dinner (mostly outside of the parks) and back to the parks. With all the back and forth, we got a minivan from Dollar for $199/wk.

I'm not sure if I would trust those dates. The reason for this is because the Osborne Lights in 2007 started November 12th. I know that isn't much to base my statement on, but I still wouldn't trust those dates, because of the fact that Disney has yet to put them up on their own website.

:thumbsup2

LOL, I like your reasoning. That's when I was hoping they would start, too. We are Christmas light FREAKS and would be disappointed if we couldn't see them. Here's hoping that Intercot is wrong!! :scared1:

DH sent me the following information this afternoon from the Intercot website:

The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
November 28, 2008 - January 4, 2009
Hollywood Studios
Discover a dazzling display of pure Disney delight presented by SYLVANIA! Immerse yourself in the joy of the holidays as you're surrounded by millions of blinking, twinkling lights performing in synchronized motion to memorable holiday music.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp#December_Events

I can't seem to find this information anywhere else. So, don't take it as fact until WDW themselves announces the dates. Just thought I would pass on the info DH sent me. :goodvibes

We were at WDW a couple of years ago for the week of Thanksgiving. I remember we were told that they were not lighting up the display until after Thanksgiving. We were at DHS (MGM Studios) the day before Thanksgiving and we were pleasantly surprised when the lights came on. So, they "may" light it up the week of Thanksgiving too. Just don't "expect it" from these dates. You may be pleasantly surprised.

- Jennifer

Strange,,they started well before Thanksgiving prior years. This will be a problem for me if it holds true. Im booked solid at other parks from the 28th until the end of my trip. My planned day for DHS was 11/26.

Can you do an early dinner and see the lights after?

We are coming in from PA that day and plan to go straight to HS. We are staying at the Poly, so eating earlier really won't work in our plans (we aren't keen on any of the HS rests.)that day. HS has been the #4 on our list, so that's why we do it the first day- when the kids are still tired from getting up at 4am and traveling. Thanks for the suggestion, though!:)

Strange,,they started well before Thanksgiving prior years. This will be a problem for me if it holds true. Im booked solid at other parks from the 28th until the end of my trip. My planned day for DHS was 11/26.

To add to this -

I had e-mailed the President of the WDW Resort back on May 25th when we were waiting for hours to be posted. I got a phone call today from a very nice lady in the Disney Executive offices. She apologized for the delay in posting the hours and told me that they were up (already knew that.) She offered to help me with any other arrangements that I needed to make and then asked if there anything else that I needed to know for planning our trip (Nov 15-22). I asked about the Osborne lights. She said they were usually up around Thanksgiving, so I asked if they would be up around our trip. She said that she didn't know but that she would look into and call me back. I got a voice mail this afternoon, saying that they didn't have exact dates yet when the lights would be on, but that she thought/was hoping that it would be around the time of our visit.

No real facts to add - but it was from someone other than a reservation CM. So I guess we'll see....

To add to this -

I had e-mailed the President of the WDW Resort back on May 25th when we were waiting for hours to be posted. I got a phone call today from a very nice lady in the Disney Executive offices. She apologized for the delay in posting the hours and told me that they were up (already knew that.) She offered to help me with any other arrangements that I needed to make and then asked if there anything else that I needed to know for planning our trip (Nov 15-22). I asked about the Osborne lights. She said they were usually up around Thanksgiving, so I asked if they would be up around our trip. She said that she didn't know but that she would look into and call me back. I got a voice mail this afternoon, saying that they didn't have exact dates yet when the lights would be on, but that she thought/was hoping that it would be around the time of our visit.

No real facts to add - but it was from someone other than a reservation CM. So I guess we'll see....

We are going the same dates...We planned our trip thinking the lights would be on because that it is how they did years before...We will be so sad if they change the dates :( :( :(

The Disney Travel Agent site is listing the Osbourne dates as November 28, 2008 - January 4, 2009. This is an official Disney site.

The GREAT NEWS is that the official TA site ALSO lists the Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade as being November 28, 2008 - January 4, 2009. That is obviously wrong.

I really think the person entering the information put the Epcot dates on the AK and HS pages as well.

My guess is that Intercot is getting its information from the official Disney TA site and I also guess that the official TA site is WRONG. At least I HOPE so!!

Until Disney officially announces the dates, we can only hope and I believe it will be similar to past years.

Robo...Thank you! I have finally come to the decision to leave my reservations as they are. I feel we will have plenty of time to head back to DHS if we don't get to see everything. I am now going to exale, stop panicking, and breathe once again!

The Disney Travel Agent site is listing the Osbourne dates as November 28, 2008 - January 4, 2009. This is an official Disney site.

The GREAT NEWS is that the official TA site ALSO lists the Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade as being November 28, 2008 - January 4, 2009. That is obviously wrong.

I really think the person entering the information put the Epcot dates on the AK and HS pages as well.

My guess is that Intercot is getting its information from the official Disney TA site and I also guess that the official TA site is WRONG. At least I HOPE so!!

Until Disney officially announces the dates, we can only hope and I believe it will be similar to past years.

From your mouths to God's ears (or at least Mickey's ears!!) I am really hoping you are right, in ALL of my trips I have never seen them & would really like to!!

Does anyone know if last year was the first year they put them up the same day as MVMCP or have they been going up this early for several years??

Thanks!!

Robo...Thank you! I have finally come to the decision to leave my reservations as they are. I feel we will have plenty of time to head back to DHS if we don't get to see everything. I am now going to exale, stop panicking, and breathe once again!

So happy for you!

You'll have a great time!!!

If you think of anything else, the DIS is open 24 hours.

:)

Hollywood Studios
Discover a dazzling display of pure Disney delight presented by SYLVANIA! Immerse yourself in the joy of the holidays as you're surrounded by millions of blinking, twinkling lights performing in synchronized motion to memorable holiday music.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp#December_Events

I can't seem to find this information anywhere else. So, don't take it as fact until WDW themselves announces the dates. Just thought I would pass on the info DH sent me. :goodvibes

We were at WDW a couple of years ago for the week of Thanksgiving. I remember we were told that they were not lighting up the display until after Thanksgiving. We were at DHS (MGM Studios) the day before Thanksgiving and we were pleasantly surprised when the lights came on. So, they "may" light it up the week of Thanksgiving too. Just don't "expect it" from these dates. You may be pleasantly surprised.

- Jennifer

oh now I am sad...we will totally miss the Osbourne lights as we are leaving the 27th :( oh well.....

You can enter the EMH park at ANY TIME during the EMH and get your wristband just inside the gates.

That is for EEH's as well? On Nov. 24th we are planning on starting our trip at MK, but that evening.. HS has the extra evening hours. Normally HS closes at 8pm... do i have to get there a certain amount of time before 8pm to get the wristband?

Anyone?

That is for EEH's as well? On Nov. 24th we are planning on starting our trip at MK, but that evening.. HS has the extra evening hours. Normally HS closes at 8pm... do i have to get there a certain amount of time before 8pm to get the wristband?

Anyone?

I think the only way you can get in for early MH is with the resort "card" that doubles as your room key/ticket/ "passport to the world". paper tickets won't work. there are no wristbands for early magic hours...in the evening you can pick them up as early as 4pm some nights and there are lots of places in the park. they don't exactly kick you out the park but you can't ride any rides with out them. not sure if the stores/food places will refuse to sell you things or not....

I think the only way you can get in for early MH is with the resort "card" that doubles as your room key/ticket/ "passport to the world". paper tickets won't work. there are no wristbands for early magic hours...in the evening you can pick them up as early as 4pm some nights and there are lots of places in the park. they don't exactly kick you out the park but you can't ride any rides with out them. not sure if the stores/food places will refuse to sell you things or not....

We are staying at POR, i was just wanting to know how to go about the extra evening hours.. since HS is staying open late we would probably be leaving MK to go for the extra evening hours at HS. Wasn't sure if we had to get over to HS by a certain time or not.

Disney's official site has Evening Magic Hours for HS on 11/10 and EvMH for AK 11/12. Why doesn't the DIS calendar show that? It's a good thing I looked at the official site before I worked on my touring plans.

We are staying at POR, i was just wanting to know how to go about the extra evening hours.. since HS is staying open late we would probably be leaving MK to go for the extra evening hours at HS. Wasn't sure if we had to get over to HS by a certain time or not.

just whenever you show up whether right before the EMH start or even an hour before they end you just put your card through the ticket thing and they give you a wristband. no deadline to get them! if park regularly closes at 11pm but EMH last until 2am, you can show up at 1:30am and I suppose they would still give you a wristband! (just speed real fast to your favorite ride!:moped:)

:( :furious: :worried: :confused: :scared1: :confused3 :eek: :headache: :mad: :sad2: :scared:

Please Disney, put me out of my misery and post the Osborne schedule.

These are the past years dates for the Osborne lights ("usually" the third week in November):

11-12-07 to 1-6-08
11-13-06 to 1-7-07
11-14-05 to 1-8-06
11-24-04 to 1-2-05

Initially, we were booked for third week of November at WDW. But, we changed it when we couldn't get any definite answers from Disney on the holiday lights and decorations being fully up that week. I hope the Intercot dates are wrong too. But, I felt the need to post it as those are the only dates I have seen yet.

- Jennifer

Hollywood Studios

This would be a HUGE delay from the way they have done it in previous years; it always started the same day as the first MVMCP. But, as we know, nothing is written in stone.

Again, I'm holding out hope that Disney will want to start the Osbourne Lights as early as possible. This attraction can only be enjoyed at night; which means, for most nights when DHS closes at 8pm, for only 2 hours or so. Since it costs alot of money and takes alot of time to get those lights up, I would think Disney would want as many guests as possible to see them.

Seriously, this is what I'm telling myself over and over so I don't get depressed that I may miss them.

From your mouths to God's ears (or at least Mickey's ears!!) I am really hoping you are right, in ALL of my trips I have never seen them & would really like to!!

Does anyone know if last year was the first year they put them up the same day as MVMCP or have they been going up this early for several years??

Thanks!!

They were up early in 2006 and 2007. Can't remember the previous years. (actually, I don't think they were up at all in 2005 - because of construction?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!