Nov. 24 2017 7-Night Bahama Cruise out of Galveston on Wonder

FE Group #1. I have made a couple updates to the our FE info sheet. No big changes just some allergey additions. I will email everyone in Group #1 an updated sheet next week. In the meantime if you need to make any corrections or want to add any optional info such as names, favorate characters or allergies PM me before next week so I can update the list before I send it.

Last edited:
FE Group #2 feel free to PM me with any updates as well. I will be emailing your info sheet out as soon as your group closes. Only 4 more cabins to go!

Fish Extender Satus Update

Our Fish Extender Group #1 is closed and Group #2 is open and is more than half full. Only 4 more to go till we close group #2 and open group #3.

Group #1 Closed:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD 4, DD 2
ptcruisers - 2 Adults (female)
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD 16, DD 13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD 9, DS 8
labela - DW, DH, DD 12
Cassi Cox - DH, DW, DS 7, DS 4
Bea Tapia - DW, DH, Mom, DS 9
Texasrosebud - DW, DH, DD (Adult)
SadieSue - DW, DH, Grandson 5, Grandson 2
Luann Crownover - Grandma, Mom, DD 21, DD 16

Group #2 Open:
Kat1213 - DW, DH, DS 5, DS 2
Holmes1907 - DH DW, DD 14
Kim Ray - Grandma, Mom, DS 5
Mystery Inc - Mom, Dad, Child 7, Child 4
HunkyDory - DW, DH, DD 6
StefaniaLOL - Mom, DD12, DD4

If you are interested in signing up for the Fish Extender for this cruise. Personal Message (PM) me with your room #, who is in the room, ages of any kids and an email address so I can send you the final list of everyone in your group. If you are new to the DISboards you will need 10 posts to PM. Once you have reached 10 posts PM me with your info as we are keeping most of it private. To PM me all you have to do is click on my avitar or screen name and then click on start a conversation. Feel free to post here or http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ to get your post count up.:)

Yay! I'm so happy to have found this group! This will be my second Disney cruise. I'm totally hooked! I never thought I would be a cruise person, but come on, it's DISNEY! The last time I sailed with Disney, my husband and I were with his family and it made sense because we have small nieces and nephews that were with us. This time, however, it is just going to be my husband and I (we don't have children) and I'm bringing my mother because she's never been on a cruise before.

I love that Disney includes many adult only areas. It's just nice to be included in what I think most people view as a kinda family only cruise line. Sure, Disney focuses on children, but as two adults with no kids, I can confidently say we are going to have a wonderful time! I'm most looking forward to revisiting Castaway Cay.
:earsgirl: :beach:

Just booked our Disney cruise! It'll be mine and my husband's 4th cruise, but 1st with Disney. And also, 1st with our little girl. She'll be 3, and it's actually her first "real" vacation. I had a little trouble booking, but it finally went through. We may have possibly snagged the very last room on the ship. :cheer2:

I definitely want to participate in the fish extender program, but I don't know my room number yet. So I'll be in touch.

Yay! I'm so happy to have found this group! This will be my second Disney cruise. I'm totally hooked! I never thought I would be a cruise person, but come on, it's DISNEY! The last time I sailed with Disney, my husband and I were with his family and it made sense because we have small nieces and nephews that were with us. This time, however, it is just going to be my husband and I (we don't have children) and I'm bringing my mother because she's never been on a cruise before.

I love that Disney includes many adult only areas. It's just nice to be included in what I think most people view as a kinda family only cruise line. Sure, Disney focuses on children, but as two adults with no kids, I can confidently say we are going to have a wonderful time! I'm most looking forward to revisiting Castaway Cay.
:earsgirl: :beach:

:welcome:I'm sure you will have a great time. My family is really looking forward to Castaway Cay as well. It's our favorite part of the cruise.

I definitely want to participate in the fish extender program, but I don't know my room number yet. So I'll be in touch.

:welcome:I'm sure your daughter will love it. I have two girls (4 and 2) and this will be there 2nd and 3rd (3rd for my oldest) Disney cruise. They loved every minute of there first one and are really excited about going on this one. You may have gotten the one of the last rooms I was supprised how fast this cruise filled up. We booked it last November and we had to be put on a waiting list for main seating for dinner. FYI if you want to sign up for the fish extender you don't have to wait until you are assigned a cabin. I can add you to the list and add your cabin number later when you get it. But if you prefer to wait that's fine as well. I will post our fish extender rules and guidelines just in case.:)

Last edited:
For those that are interested in joining the Fish Extender for this cruise here are my rules and guidelines. We will be making groups with a maximun of 10 cabins in each group. You are welcome to join more than one group if you want more than 10 cabins. The last group will be closed one month before the cruise and I will then start a latecomer’s group or a pixie dust group. If someone drops out of a group before the cruise, I will not replace them in a group (unless the group agrees).

Real names are not required – it is DW(Darling Wife), DH(Darling Husband), DD(Darling Daughter) and DS(Darling Son). If you want to give your real names in case someone in your group wants to make personalized gifts that's fine but it's optional.

Info required to join the FE is room #, who is in the room, ages of any kids and an email address to send the final list to. Optional info is any allergies, favorite characters and real names. The only person that will have your email is me and I will delete it from my contacts once we are back from the cruise. I will send an email to all participants in each group as it closes. I will have everyone email me back so I know they have received their email and everything is correct. After that, the only email you will get from me is if there are any changes in your FE group.

There is no spending limit (spend what you are comfortable with). Gifts can be per person or per cabin, your choice. Please make sure to hang your extender as soon as possible for those who want to deliver early (or daily - it does happen). There is no set day to deliver, just have everything delivered before Thursday November 30th at 6pm so people have time to pack. If there is no extender, please do not leave anything as the participants may have changed rooms.

I will let everyone know of any room changes up to 48 hours before the cruise, then I will be traveling to Galveston and have limited access to the internet. If you have any changes less than 48 hours before the cruise you will have to wait until you are on the boat and go door to door and drop off a note to your group with the changes.

I will try to check this thread often so feel free to ask any questions.

Has anyone's kids participated in the oceaneer club? (Or plan to participate?). I want to sign up my 3 yo but I am really nervous about it. She is an only child and has never done daycare or mdo. I don't want her be scared, or feel like I'm abandoning her. But momma sure could use some adult time... not much, maybe an hour, here or there. Any advice?

Does anyone have 1st dining for this cruise? We booked this cruise last November and did not have a choice for our dining times. DCL said all the 1st dining times were already taken. I guess I am supprised that this cruise was more than half full a year out. They said that we are on a waiting list for 1st dining but I'm not getting my hopes up that we will be able to switch. Not the end of the world, for some reason I have been thinking about it lately. Also, has anyone on here ever been on the dining time waiting list and been successful in switching their dinning time?
So it looks like we're in the same boat. (No pun intended.) I just called Disney to get on the waiting list for early dining. I asked if they could tell me exactly how long that list was, so I could gauge our chances, and she said she couldn't actually see the list. However, she said it did not go off a first-come-first-serve basis. Instead, they sort the list according to the age of the children. The families with the younger ones will be the first to switch to early dine. Not that it means anything, as we are still at the mercy of others. My plan is to force a nap on the days we decide to eat in the main dining rooms.

Has anyone's kids participated in the oceaneer club? (Or plan to participate?). I want to sign up my 3 yo but I am really nervous about it. She is an only child and has never done daycare or mdo. I don't want her be scared, or feel like I'm abandoning her. But momma sure could use some adult time... not much, maybe an hour, here or there. Any advice?

Our oldest daughter was 3 when we crused on the Wonder last year. She also has never been in daycare so we were not sure how she would do at the Oceaneer Club. She loves Toy Story and Frozen so we took her their for open house which they have daily. It's the only time parents can stay with there little ones in the club. She loved it when we were their with her but when open house ended and it was time for her to be on her own she wouldn't stay. But give it a shot, the crewmembers that work their were really good with the kids plus some of the characters came into the club and actually played with the kids. It's pretty cool!:)

Last edited:
Our Fish Extender Group #1 is closed and Group #2 is open and only has 3 more cabins to go till we close it and open group #3.

Group #1 Closed:
Stefileslie85 - DW, DH, DD 4, DD 2
ptcruisers - 2 Adults (female)
Chris Boudreaux - DH, DW, DD 16, DD 13
emsandows - DH, DW, DD 9, DS 8
labela - DW, DH, DD 12
Cassi Cox - DH, DW, DS 7, DS 4
Bea Tapia - DW, DH, Mom, DS 9
Texasrosebud - DW, DH, DD (Adult)
SadieSue - DW, DH, Grandson 5, Grandson 2
Luann Crownover - Grandma, Mom, DD 21, DD 16

Group #2 Open:
Kat1213 - DW, DH, DS 5, DS 2
Holmes1907 - DH DW, DD 14
Kim Ray - Grandma, Mom, DS 5
Mystery Inc - Mom, Dad, Child 7, Child 4
HunkyDory - DW, DH, DD 6
StefaniaLOL - Mom, DD12, DD4
Amanda Lynch - DH, DW, DD3

Ok, I've been debating the fish extender thing for a while now, but I think I'm ready to commit! Stefileslie85, I will message you my info as soon as I hit my 10 posts. Will go to the test board to get my post count up!

Ok I sent my private message. Hopefully I did it right. Let me know if you did not receive it.

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise but first time doing the fish extenders. I actually did not even know it was a thing on our first cruise. I am a part of the Disney cruise junkies Facebook page and some people were saying for the Christmas sailings, they use stockings as their fish extender collectors. Does anyone on here do that?

Ok I sent my private message. Hopefully I did it right. Let me know if you did not receive it.

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise but first time doing the fish extenders. I actually did not even know it was a thing on our first cruise. I am a part of the Disney cruise junkies Facebook page and some people were saying for the Christmas sailings, they use stockings as their fish extender collectors. Does anyone on here do that?
I just ordered something on amazon for about $10 and I will decorate and personalize it. I also saw some for under $7. Just search "wall organizer." I really wanted to order one from Etsy, but I decided to save the money and spend it on the FE gifts instead!

Here's the one I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01H...i=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=wall+organizer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter