Nothing Can Stop Us Now! The End! Well almost, quick recap of Jan 22 trip! Update on April trip 4/21*

I completely forgot we overlapped dates. I was so excited for Disney and Christmas I forgot just about everything on that trip. Pretty sure we were supposed to be in MK on the same day. Would have loved to have seen you.
I know! By the time I remembered we had left MK that day because it was a madhouse!
Oh these look so delicious. I love, love, love a fried pickle but most places due spears and not chips. I'm definitely a chip kinda girl
Really good, my favorite ones I have had so far!
So hated these. They were pretty pointless. They let "regular" guests in 15 minutes after guests staying onsite. Seemed to have zero value
Very true, give us back our hour for goodness sake!
This is adorable! I hadn't seen it before
I saw it on Instagram and had to try it, actually really good except for the dry Disney bun!
Love this picture. Between the snow and Mickey so excited, just encapsulates the Christmas Disney magic
It really does and the After hour Christmas party parade was really a fun one and the party was really good
Oh what a great treat to start your day with these beauties
These little Mickey beignets were delicious
I haven't seen a lot of reviews about Space so its good to hear that you all enjoyed it so much. I would love to try it but not paying the adult price for Casey to eat next to nothing. Hoping we can at least get into the lounge one day since they do reservations now
I think it is worth a visit at least once but you are right for just Andi and I with 1 drink it was well over 200.00. The food, drink, and atmosphere were really good so the cost didn’t hurt quite as much! I think we would try the lounge next time!
We are having our own Minnesota moment in DC. Got about 8 inches ourselves on Monday and another 3 (and crazy winds) today
Lucky you :sad2:
was right there with ya. Hated to put more $ in Disney's pocket but in the end it was so convenient we couldn't resist
After our wait for Remy the first night I knew I would be paying for the “fancy rides”.
I called it FP the entire time too. We had a mixed bag with the Genie. So not sold on it yet but not completely put off either. Though I would like free back either way
That is exactly how I feel.
One of the best dishes on Disney property. So good!
That burrata is perfect, wish I had it right now.
Genie definitely works better at MK where they have the rides to sustain it than MGM, but with high crowds even that wasn't a guarantee. We did use Genie on the day we arrived at MGM and bought Rise and booked Slinky dog at 7 am for the afternoon. Then before we arrived we were also able to book Toy Story and Aliens (I think). This worked really well, as we had 4 rides between 2-4 ready for us when we arrived. But when we tried it on a "normal" day we weren't fans.
You all did really well, once I booked TSM it wouldn’t let me pick another selection until after we used TSM, maybe because it was an earlier time? I don’t know but overall more of a pain to use than FP+

12/7/21 Our last day and MK is a madhouse!

We woke up early to finish our packing and to head to MK early enough for the 30 minute early entry.

We brought our luggage down to bell service and went to the bus stop. We got on a MK bus fairly quickly. The bus stop was very busy each morning at FQ and we noticed very poor bus etiquette. People would walk up and step right in front of us and we were clearly in line. I also noticed in the afternoon the bus would pick us up to go to the park and went all around Riverside to drop people off. This took up a lot of time. I can’t remember if FQ buses always did this but I was not a fan.

We arrived at MK and regular guests are allowed in and corralled in the hub area.
IMG_2022-1-9-075730.jpg

Resort guests were allowed to line up for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Our plan was to ride Peter Pan first. We had to wait until exactly 8:30, this really irritates me.

By the time you walk to the ride and get in line the 30 minutes is almost over. PPF was a walk on and I love this ride. We could tell the park was going to busy. I decided to pay for SDMT and picked a time around 11am.

Our plan was to line up for Adventureland right after PPF so we could ride Jingle Cruise. Best laid plans don’t always work, lol.

We would have been one of the first on the ride, except it was down, ugh! Okay, we head over to PoTC and guess what, this was down as well. The CM was telling people to move on and go to Country Bears 🐻 okay fine but CBJ doesn’t even open until 10am. :sad2: We moved on and of course, Splash was not starting on time either, wow 😯 not cool Disney! Well, we headed over to BTMRR and this was running, yay! :thumbsup2
We got on very quickly despite all the crowds today, so far we were a tiny bit ahead of crowds. This worked in our favor today! We had a fun ride on Thunder. We decided to check Splash and it was opening just as we got there and very few in line! This was a walk on for us!

I got really wet on the first little hill, the water seemed really high today. It was a fun ride even though I was wet. I did dry pretty fast.

We headed back to PoTC and this was running now, yay! We also walked on this and had a great ride. I was a little bummed because only of our ride photos showed up today!

Jingle Cruise was running but the wait was at 50 minutes so we passed.

We decided to get on HM now because the wait was 15 minutes and would just keep increasing. We did wait about 20 minutes, not to bad. I got this cool picture when we were stopped on the ride in the graveyard 🪦
IMG_2022-1-9-075821.jpg

The park was getting really busy, the walkways felt very crowded. We decided to have a pretzel for breakfast at Launching Pad. Andi had a regular Mickey pretzel and I had the cream cheese one. We both really liked our pretzels! The place was very busy and people were eating foot long hotdogs at 10:30am. The hotdogs actually looked really good, haha!
IMG_2022-1-9-075639.jpg

After our pretzel, a ride on CoP was in order. I love this attraction and so does Andi. We relaxed and enjoyed the show.

It was nice to rest some since we had been running around the park for several hours!

It was time for our SDMT fancy ride pass! We walked over to the ride and the wait was 80 minutes! Having our paid FP was really worth it today. I think we waited about 10-15 minutes to get on the ride. We had a fun time. This ride is very cute but also very short!!
IMG_2022-1-9-075917.jpg
IMG_2022-1-9-080354.jpg
Mr. Toad in one of the shops
IMG_2022-1-9-080017.jpg

The park was a madhouse by this time and we decided to head out to the monorail resorts. We stopped in the new confectionery and I wasn’t impressed. It is all about promoting Mars candy. All the treats are basically rice krispie bars with candy on them. You have to order at this circular bakery case area and there was only 1 CM there! The wait would be so long and then you have to go to a check out area and wait again! We passed on any treats here.
We did see Mickey was meeting again in the town theater. I don’t think many people knew was back. We walked right in to the waiting area and saw Mickey within 5 minutes. It made my heart happy to say hi to Mickey! He is so cute in his 50th celebration outfit.
IMG_2022-1-9-080134.jpg
IMG_2022-1-9-080238.jpg

We also had a couple pictures at the front of MK.
IMG_2022-1-9-081135.jpg
IMG_2022-1-9-080918.jpg
Stay tuned for part 2 in the next post!

We headed out and par for the day, the monorail was not running. We took the walking path over to GF. It is a nice walk but it is long. We walk fast and it took us at least 15 minutes. We found out later on social media, the power was out at the MK area. This was why the monorail was not running and paying for things was very limited. We could not use gift cards.

We needed ice water and picked up some water at Gasparilla grill. We went into the GF lobby and checked out the gingerbread house. I love this lobby and miss staying here. I’m very glad we have stayed 3x in the past because with the current prices, we won’t be staying here, anytime soon. Boo 😒
IMG_2022-1-9-080706.jpg

IMG_2022-1-9-081503.jpg
IMG_2022-1-9-080746.jpg
IMG_2022-1-9-080841.jpg

We lounged a little and went up to Basin to wash our hands.

Since the monorail was down, we decided to walk over to the Poly. The walking path is lovely between the GF and the Poly.

We caught a glimpse of a bride getting pictures along the way.

Once at the Poly, we placed an order for one of my favorite meals! The pulled pork nachos, yum! Andi got the plant based burger, this was roasted red peppers and arugula served with French fries.
IMG_2022-1-9-081422.jpg

We really enjoyed both of our meals. The nachos are so good! Everything just goes so well together.
IMG_2022-1-9-081322.jpg

Andi went over to the pool bar and got us the Niue rita, this is the margarita with POG juice in it. This was really good. We relaxed outside by the pool and enjoyed our food and margaritas!
IMG_2022-1-9-081222.jpg

We didn’t have time to do any other resorts with the monorail being down. The boats were really busy. At least, Disney was using the larger boats at the Poly.

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6pm. We needed to head out and get back to FQ. We took a boat back to MK and headed to the FQ bus stop. We said goodbye to MK for now!

We got back to FQ picked up our luggage and a ice water. We relaxed a little more and enjoyed the beautiful weather and resort! We tried to stay outside the whole time. We would be returning to snow and cold weather.
Here a couple silly pictures with the Snapchat lens
IMG_2022-1-9-080527.jpg
IMG_2022-1-9-080618.jpg

We took a Lyft to the airport and we arrived around 4pm.

The Delta area was busy but not horrible. We got our luggage checked and off to security. We have TSA precheck, best money I ever spent!

Security was quick and we were on the fake o rail heading to our gait. There is a Starbucks close to the Delta gates. I got the sugar cookie cold brew, yum! We sat down in the international area to enjoy the drink. We walked around a little afterwards and soon it was time to board the plane.

Our flight left right on time and the flights overall were very good. We touched down in cold and snowy Duluth around 11:30pm. While we were gone, Duluth got about 10 inches of snow ❄️ and since then we have got another 18-20 inches.

I’m not impressed. I wish I was back in Florida!
A picture of my Christmas decor at home thrown in
IMG_2022-1-9-081038.jpg

Trip thoughts: I really enjoyed the trip! Christmas time at USO and WDW is a must. The decorations, special snacks, entertainment and party, very much worth it.

Universal was not busy, WDW was very busy!

EP at Universal with our resort stay is awesome! Disney should do this.

Genie+ and paying extra for the “fancy rides” not awesome!

Meeting Dis friends awesome. Food and Drink throughout this trip was overall excellent!

Portofino Bay resort for the low AP rate with the EP was wonderful.

WDW is expensive and no perks anymore staying on site at moderate/value. I don’t think the 30 minute early entry is worth anything in my opinion. DME is now gone, airline check in gone, luggage to the resort gone, free FP gone, real EMH gone… see the pattern here. I have also noticed discounts for resort stays are very few and far between!

That being said, I have budgeted for 3 trips this year!

We leave in 2 weeks, for our first trip, it will be 1/21-1/30. Our flight is super late on 1/21. We leave Duluth at 5pm (weather permitting) 🤞and arrive in Orlando at 11pm. Our first night is at Pop and our first full day is at Epcot so we can sleep in.

We have some good ADR’s, a mix of favorites and a few new ones! We want to spend time at Epcot for the Farts festival!

We are staying at Coronado Springs in the tower water view room for 8 nights. I’m excited to stay here again. I did get a decent AP discount for this room, yay! We love it in the towers. The only negative is the buses and we are fine taking a Lyft or Uber some of the time.

I don’t think I will write a TR for the trip but I may do an abbreviated one or maybe a dining report. If I do anything I will put a link in here!

Thank you everyone for joining in on our adventures! I really enjoy all the replies and interactions we have on here!

Stay warm and healthy Everyone!

Great ending to your trip. Even with the monorail down you got a lot done. The GF looks so gorgeous especially with all its Christmas finery! Love your Snapchat photos 😍
Hopefully you’ll do an abbreviated TR at the very least so that people like me can read along ( no pressure mind). Have a lovely time and safe travels. Really not long to go now :goodvibes

Last edited:
Our last day and MK is a madhouse!
Don't you mean "Mouse House"???
we noticed very poor bus etiquette.
:sad2:
What is with people these days??
People would walk up and step right in front of us and we were clearly in line.
Grrrr... I would definitely say something. "The line's back there."
the bus would pick us up to go to the park and went all around Riverside to drop people off. This took up a lot of time.
Huh. I didn't know that. Seems... odd if the parks were that busy?
We arrived at MK and regular guests are allowed in and corralled in the hub area.
Resort guests were allowed to line up for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
I presume though that the non-resort guests couldn't get past the hub until 9:00, though.
At least I hope so.
If you're going to minimize the resort "perk" already, at least make it the entire 30 minutes!
We had to wait until exactly 8:30, this really irritates me.
Ugh. Just let us in!
By the time you walk to the ride and get in line the 30 minutes is almost over.
We would have been one of the first on the ride, except it was down, ugh!
:headache:
Okay, we head over to PoTC and guess what, this was down as well.
That too???
The CM was telling people to move on and go to Country Bears 🐻 okay fine but CBJ doesn’t even open until 10am.
I've noticed this. Since CMs are not allowed to say "I don't know", they can say anything else... even if it's wrong.
I got two completely different answers once from two CMs.
We moved on and of course, Splash was not starting on time either
Oh, come on... This is getting ridiculous.
Well, we headed over to BTMRR and this was running, yay! :thumbsup2
We decided to check Splash and it was opening just as we got there and very few in line! This was a walk on for us!
I got really wet on the first little hill, the water seemed really high today. It was a fun ride even though I was wet. I did dry pretty fast.
Good thing it wasn't cold out. :)
We headed back to PoTC and this was running now, yay!
I got this cool picture when we were stopped on the ride in the graveyard
I like it! I sometimes wish I could control when the ride stopped so I could get some good photos.
We both really liked our pretzels!
Loooove pretzels. :)
The place was very busy and people were eating foot long hotdogs at 10:30am.
Um... nope! That's just a bit too early for me.
After our pretzel, a ride on CoP was in order. I love this attraction and so does Andi. We relaxed and enjoyed the show.
:goodvibes
It was time for our SDMT fancy ride pass! We walked over to the ride and the wait was 80 minutes! Having our paid FP was really worth it today.
Good call on that!
This ride is very cute but also very short!!
Yes and... yes!
Mr. Toad in one of the shops
I'm glad they kept him around in some form. I wonder how many kids (or even young adults) would have a clue who he was?
We stopped in the new confectionery and I wasn’t impressed. It is all about promoting Mars candy.
Great.
Goes really well with the Starbucks down the street.
You have to order at this circular bakery case area and there was only 1 CM there! The wait would be so long and then you have to go to a check out area and wait again!
So efficient!

Not.

Your report is starting to depress me! :laughing:
It made my heart happy to say hi to Mickey!
:goodvibes
IMG_2022-1-9-080918.jpg
Cool shot!
We headed out and par for the day, the monorail was not running.
Oh, come on... seriously??? Did you ask for your money back at any point?
We took the walking path over to GF. It is a nice walk but it is long. We walk fast and it took us at least 15 minutes.
Thanks for that. I've wondered for a while now how long that walk would be.
Wow! That's... incredible.
Whoa. Those look amazing.
Andi went over to the pool bar and got us the Niue rita, this is the margarita with POG juice in it.
I'm sorry... it has POG???? I want!
Such a cute shot!
I got the sugar cookie cold brew, yum!
Holy smokes. That sounds uber-decadent!
We touched down in cold and snowy Duluth around 11:30pm. While we were gone, Duluth got about 10 inches of snow ❄ and since then we have got another 18-20 inches.
Ugh. I hear you. It's been a much more snowy winter this season than last. At least it seems that way to me.
I’m not impressed. I wish I was back in Florida!
:laughing:
You and me both!
A picture of my Christmas decor at home thrown in
IMG_2022-1-9-081038.jpg
Nice! I like the oversize ornaments on the tree skirt. :)
EP at Universal with our resort stay is awesome! Disney should do this.
Yes. Yes they should.
WDW is expensive and no perks anymore staying on site at moderate/value. I don’t think the 30 minute early entry is worth anything in my opinion. DME is now gone, airline check in gone, luggage to the resort gone, free FP gone, real EMH gone… see the pattern here. I have also noticed discounts for resort stays are very few and far between!
And yet... they know they can do it, because...
That being said, I have budgeted for 3 trips this year!
...because we keep going! :laughing:
We leave in 2 weeks, for our first trip, it will be 1/21-1/30.
Coming up soon! I'm hoping maybe in August... Covid willing.
Thank you everyone for joining in on our adventures!
Thanks so much for sharing with us, Caroline! :goodvibes
Stay warm and healthy Everyone!
Must admit... having trouble with the "warm" lately!

Thanks for sharing your trip - both the good and not so good. So nice you have a great traveling partner who enjoys Disney as much as you do. Early Dec. is my favorite time to visit WDW - it just feels so festive. Your tree at home looks great - love the topper! Hope you share some details from your upcoming trip!

Thanks for sharing your trip.

We haven't gone since Genie+ yet but I'm not looking forward to it. I accepted that we were going to have a paid FP version when it came back, but I just wish they'd gone a different route for it. The paying separately for the ILL is really what gets me. But like you said, we'll all complain about it and continue to go lol

Not the perfect last day you'd hoped for, what with all the attractions being down first thing in the morning and the lame 30 minutes EMM, BUT it sounds like it wasn't a bad day. And that's always a plus. Hanging out in the Florida sun at the Polynesian sounds divine right now. We don't have snow like you do, but it's rainy and cold here in England. The sun is sorely missed!
Hope you have a wonderful trip in a few weeks. :goodvibes

Great ending to your trip. Even with the monorail down you got a lot done. The GF looks so gorgeous especially with all its Christmas finery! Love your Snapchat photos 😍
Hopefully you’ll do an abbreviated TR at the very least so that people like me can read along ( no pressure mind). Have a lovely time and safe travels. Really not long to go now :goodvibes
:thanks: It was a little bit of an off day with so many attractions down and the monorail down. The Snapchat lenses are fun, there are some Villian ones too!
I will probably do a highlight report for sure!

Don't you mean "Mouse House"???
Very clever sir!
Grrrr... I would definitely say something. "The line's back there."
I did a couple times. People just act so dumb sometime in order to cut in line!
Huh. I didn't know that. Seems... odd if the parks were that busy?
It was a pain, I can’t remember if they always did this or if it is another pandemic cut.
presume though that the non-resort guests couldn't get past the hub until 9:00, though.
At least I hope so.
If you're going to minimize the resort "perk" already, at least make it the entire 30 minutes!
Right, the CM’s scan your band at the hub area and let you into another area for the resort guests
Ugh. Just let us in!
Right! Let us in at least at 8:20 to walk to the rides :sad2:
I've noticed this. Since CMs are not allowed to say "I don't know", they can say anything else... even if it's wrong.
I got two completely different answers once from two CMs.
Very true! We have found this as well. You can get 3 different answers. Thank goodness Andi and I know way more than most CMs.::yes::
Oh, come on... This is getting ridiculous.
We couldn’t believe our luck today!
Good thing it wasn't cold out.
I would have been miserable if it was cold!
I like it! I sometimes wish I could control when the ride stopped so I could get some good photos.
I have never been able to get a decent picture on HM so I was proud of myself!
Loooove pretzels.
We love the Disney pretzels 🥨 to bad they are getting ridiculously overpriced like everything else.
Um... nope! That's just a bit too early for me.
The hotdogs did look yummy even at 10:30am! :lmao:
Good call on that!
Yes, we wouldn’t have waited 80-90 minutes for 7SDMT
I'm glad they kept him around in some form. I wonder how many kids (or even young adults) would have a clue who he was?
I love that ride! The silly dark rides are so iconic Disney! I’m sure many have no clue!
Goes really well with the Starbucks down the street.
Exactly. The CM in the confectionery did tell us Storybook Circus still sells the regular baked goods so next time we will go there instead
Oh, come on... seriously??? Did you ask for your money back at any point?
:laughing: I did feel like the “World” was put to get us on our last day!
I'm sorry... it has POG???? I want!
Yes! Put it on your list, hopefully it is still there! Very tasty
Whoa. Those look amazing.
These nachos are the bomb! I love them!
Ugh. I hear you. It's been a much more snowy winter this season than last. At least it seems that way to me.
I think it sure has, here is my mantra so far snow snow cold cold snow snow etc…..
Nice! I like the oversize ornaments on the tree skirt
:thanks: They light up at night!
because we keep going
I complain but keep planning trips, lol 😂
Coming up soon! I'm hoping maybe in August... Covid willing.
I hope so! We have a late August trip planned maybe we can meet up depending when your trip is!
Thanks so much for sharing with us, Caroline! :goodvibes
Thank you for commenting and joining in!
Must admit... having trouble with the "warm" lately!
Here here!! 🥶

Very clever sir!
I get lucky every now and then. :)
I did a couple times. People just act so dumb sometime in order to cut in line!
Do these people not have parents to raise them properly?
Right, the CM’s scan your band at the hub area and let you into another area for the resort guests
Got it.
Very true! We have found this as well. You can get 3 different answers. Thank goodness Andi and I know way more than most CMs.::yes::
::yes::
I have never been able to get a decent picture on HM so I was proud of myself!
Ya done good!
We love the Disney pretzels 🥨 to bad they are getting ridiculously overpriced like everything else.
Overpriced??? In Disney????

:rolleyes:
Yes, we wouldn’t have waited 80-90 minutes for 7SDMT
Nope. Not worth it, IMHO.
Exactly. The CM in the confectionery did tell us Storybook Circus still sells the regular baked goods so next time we will go there instead
Oh! Good to know.
I think it sure has, here is my mantra so far snow snow cold cold snow snow etc…..
Ugh... wish there was a different mantra.
:thanks: They light up at night!
No way! Like 'em even more now!
I hope so! We have a late August trip planned maybe we can meet up depending when your trip is!
That would be great! :)

Thanks for sharing your trip - both the good and not so good. So nice you have a great traveling partner who enjoys Disney as much as you do. Early Dec. is my favorite time to visit WDW - it just feels so festive. Your tree at home looks great - love the topper! Hope you share some details from your upcoming trip!
Ahh you’re welcome! The beginning of December was the perfect time to visit. We loved all the decorations. Traveling with Andi is the best!

Thanks for sharing your trip.

We haven't gone since Genie+ yet but I'm not looking forward to it. I accepted that we were going to have a paid FP version when it came back, but I just wish they'd gone a different route for it. The paying separately for the ILL is really what gets me. But like you said, we'll all complain about it and continue to go lol
I did not care for Genie+, hard to navigate and hard to manipulate lol! We had FP refreshing down to a science! This was not so much!
I wish Disney would come up with a better plan, like a flat fee for your stay depending which onsite resort you stay at.

Not the perfect last day you'd hoped for, what with all the attractions being down first thing in the morning and the lame 30 minutes EMM, BUT it sounds like it wasn't a bad day. And that's always a plus. Hanging out in the Florida sun at the Polynesian sounds divine right now. We don't have snow like you do, but it's rainy and cold here in England. The sun is sorely missed!
Hope you have a wonderful trip in a few weeks. :goodvibes
Yes, many bumps in the road on the last day. We did still have a good day overall. I think when you pay for attractions and so many are down, how frustrating! The beautiful sun, warm temperatures and blue skies were wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter