Nothing Can Stop Us Now! The End! Well almost, quick recap of Jan 22 trip! Update on April trip 4/21*

Well I just quoted a bunch of things and the DIS is being stupid and won't let me! So I'll try to remember what I wanted to say lol.

Very happy you loved Jaleo :) We love it as well but honestly not sure if we like that or Toledo more! We ended up there last year during the Magical Dining period and I agree it's a great deal!

Also I don't think I knew your Dec. dates until now or you told me and I quickly forgot :rolleyes1 but yay that we will hopefully see each other! We're also at BWI with @kastoney so maybe a drink at Abracadabar one night?

Um now this is all coming back to me.............I believe we did have this conversation :rotfl2: OMG I need some Ginko Baloba!!!!

Great news on your foot healing and the Christmas trip/meet ups. Not jealous at all…ok- I lied- I may be a deep shade of emerald with envy but I’m excited for you all🤣🤣🤣
Can’t believe how quiet AK was. Anytime I’ve ever been it’s always heaving at the seams! Sounds perfect on your trip. You rounded the day well with $5 drinks and free desserts. Doesn’t get much better than that!
Now I’m a wee bit anxious for your resort change. Hope it’s not a total disaster 🤞

Hooray! A holiday getaway to WDW. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Keep healing that ankle so!
I’m so excited for this upcoming trip! I sure hope my ankle behaves!
Oh wow, I didn't know about that. Man, I really hope it doesn't go the way of the yeti..
Thank goodness She is back. Liesa confirmed it on her 50th celebration trip, yay!
Oh my gosh, it sounds like a perfect Animal Kingdom day. Three turns on FOP plus all the other headliner attractions...that's amazing!
It was so nice and what a way to enjoy all the headliners with minimal to no wait!
agree that AK was the hardest. Danielle ended up pushing Michelle up the incline to the tree.
It was, we would have stayed in the park longer and done the trails but Andi was getting exhausted
I didn't get up close and personal with him but we did see his panel. He's very entertaining. I was worried they would mess the show up too. It's not the same as the book but it's still good. He's a great Jamie. It did take me awhile to get use to Caitriona as Claire.
Just to see him on a panel talking about the show, amazing! I’m so excited for the new book it hits the shelves in November, yay!
Very encouraging news!
Yes it is feeling better each day!
Yeah another Disney Trip and during Christmas time!
I’m so excited for the Christmas decorations more so than the 50th stuff!
You're going at a great time.
Yes and to have so many of the ladies down there from the epic trip is awesome!
You're really doing good.
I was glad we didn’t have long waits and could enjoy the park in a shorter amount of time, since the w/c and the ankle made it more difficult
Love eating here but I've never been when it wasn't crowded.
We usually always eat lunch early and even on busier days it is low crowds in Satuli at the early lunch hour
Cute photo!
Thanks, Andi keeps me up to date on the Snapchat filters.
This looks really good.
Frontera is really good, we usually just have several of the appetizers and everything is so yummy!
The sundae from Sprinkles is very good!

Yup the whole gang will be there
Wow the Boardwalk will never be the same:rotfl2:
Well I just quoted a bunch of things and the DIS is being stupid and won't let me! So I'll try to remember what I wanted to say lol.
So frustrating happens to me so many times on here and getting my TR posts out can be quite painful!>:(
Very happy you loved Jaleo :) We love it as well but honestly not sure if we like that or Toledo more! We ended up there last year during the Magical Dining period and I agree it's a great deal!
We have a reservation for Toledo in December and I am excited to try it!
Jaleo was such an enjoyable experience and the price was amazing
Also I don't think I knew your Dec. dates until now or you told me and I quickly forgot :rolleyes1 but yay that we will hopefully see each other! We're also at BWI with @kastoney so maybe a drink at Abracadabar one night?
That would be really fun!
Um now this is all coming back to me.............I believe we did have this conversation :rotfl2: OMG I need some Ginko Baloba!!!!
😆 Life is busy and we are umm should I say not getting any younger :rotfl: I’m so excited for the December trip.

Great news on your foot healing and the Christmas trip/meet ups. Not jealous at all…ok- I lied- I may be a deep shade of emerald with envy but I’m excited for you all🤣🤣🤣
Can’t believe how quiet AK was. Anytime I’ve ever been it’s always heaving at the seams! Sounds perfect on your trip. You rounded the day well with $5 drinks and free desserts. Doesn’t get much better than that!
Now I’m a wee bit anxious for your resort change. Hope it’s not a total disaster 🤞
Thank you Moira! It is getting better each day, fingers crossed it stays that way! The December trip is such a nice vacation to look forward to and having friends down there makes it even better!
Our AK morning was wonderful with the low crowds and Frontera Cocina is such a wonderful place for delicious appetizers and Margaritas! The resort situation was challenging!

I have never had tapas before, all of those courses look so delicious! I like the small sizes since it can often be tough to try a lot of things with only two people. That price seems really reasonable as well, I would have expected it to be a lot more! Gideon's cookies look so unreal, yum!!!

So exciting about the December trip, that is my favorite time of year to go! Hope your ankle is feeling even better by then. I love when people are riding something for the first time, it really is special! The shaman is the best part of the NRJ, I do hope she is back soon. So many babies on the safari, and not sharing a row is the best! Those ride times are amazing! Love Satu'li so much, one of these days I will skip my beloved salad greens and try the noodles! Those snapchat filters are so funny, there are so many of them now and they finally got them to work on pets too! :laughing: The Riviera looks so lovely, very calm and peaceful. $5 margs in WDW is such a steal! Love the oopsie on the sundae, when I worked in a coffee shop I always gave people the drinks that were made wrong and they were always so surprised! It was either that or they were tossed!

I have never had tapas before, all of those courses look so delicious! I like the small sizes since it can often be tough to try a lot of things with only two people. That price seems really reasonable as well, I would have expected it to be a lot more! Gideon's cookies look so unreal, yum!!!

So exciting about the December trip, that is my favorite time of year to go! Hope your ankle is feeling even better by then. I love when people are riding something for the first time, it really is special! The shaman is the best part of the NRJ, I do hope she is back soon. So many babies on the safari, and not sharing a row is the best! Those ride times are amazing! Love Satu'li so much, one of these days I will skip my beloved salad greens and try the noodles! Those snapchat filters are so funny, there are so many of them now and they finally got them to work on pets too! :laughing: The Riviera looks so lovely, very calm and peaceful. $5 margs in WDW is such a steal! Love the oopsie on the sundae, when I worked in a coffee shop I always gave people the drinks that were made wrong and they were always so surprised! It was either that or they were tossed!
Jaleo was such a wonderful place! We loved the tapas and the hand made sangria, yum!
Gideons draws me in each time now!
It was a fun morning and relaxing evening. AK and DS both had very low crowds.
The margaritas at Frontera are really good, not pre mixed so $5 is amazing!
It always is so nice to get a free sundae or anything, it always makes us feel so special!
The shaman is back at Navi River so that is good!

A Resort change and not a good one!

Today was our check out day at The Riviera. Looking back, I should have went to the front desk and asked if there was availability to stay at The Riviera. I didn’t think about it at the time. We would have definitely stayed here for the next 3 nights. Andi snagged us a RotR boarding group of 22 this morning, yay! We packed up our belongings and called bell service. We did take all our food and packed it in my carry on bag. Once we checked the room over and said goodbye we headed down to the lobby. We went to the coffee and pastry shop. I ordered the almond cold brew, Su-Lynn raves about this, and wow she is right! The almond cold brew is so delicious, now my favorite cold brew ever! We had plans to spend the morning at DHS.
IMG_Oct172021at53653PM.jpg

We took the easy and convenient Skyliner to DHS. We arrived before the 9am opening. We went on MMRR, this was a walk on. The Pre show is back and it was the first time we experienced it. We enjoyed it. Goofy is getting into trouble as usual, haha 😂. We were in the back of the train and we enjoyed the ride. This ride is cute but certainly not worth the ILLS price. ILLS stands for Individual Lighting Lane System, to me it stands for exactly what it spells, makes me ILL having to pay extra for rides! I won’t be paying extra for this ride!
IMG_Oct172021at53859PM.jpg

Once we finished with the ride, Andi says to me, “ mom the song on this ride is about us this trip, Nothing can stop us know” She was right, despite my ankle and a different way of touring this trip, we didn’t stop or give up!
We decided to head down Sunset Boulevard and check in to a creepy and dusty hotel! This was a walk on, we just kept moving all the way to the preshow. We got the front row of the scary elevator. Such a fun ride!
IMG_Oct172021at54012PM.jpg

Andi wanted to ride RnRc so we headed over there and I sat in my wheelchair and people watched. She was able to ride twice with very little wait.
IMG_Oct172021at54056PM.jpg

We headed over to TSL and rode TSM. We love this ride so much. We visited with a family in line, multigenerational family and they were having a wonderful trip!

IMG_Oct172021at54203PM.jpg

We decided it was time to see Muppet Vision 3D, we love this and it is a must every trip. Rise was boarding slower this morning and we still had some time before our boarding group would be called. We decided to head over to Baseline Tap House. We both had the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider and the pretzel. We also had some ice water. We really enjoyed our cider and pretzel. We sat and visited.
IMG_Oct172021at54300PM.jpg

Our BG was called while we were at Baseline. We finished our snack and drinks, hit the restroom and headed to Star Wars GE. We checked our magic bands with the CM and pretty much walked almost to the preshow and we stopped. The ride went down, boo, we did have to wait in that spot for about 30 minutes. We knew we could not get out of there with the wheelchair so we patiently waited. I was so happy we used the restroom before we went on line. That may have been disastrous especially after drinking a cider and a big glass of water!
IMG_Oct172021at54346PM.jpg
B96109F4-5424-4B8F-9DD8-BD583B245D9A.jpeg

We decided to leave after this. Our plan was to take the Skyliner back to The Riviera and take a bus from there to DS.
Our room was not ready yet at The Contemporary. We had a garden wing room. The bus area at The Riviera is really nice and of course, it was not crowded yay! We waited about 15 minutes for a DS bus. We decided to eat a late lunch at Splitsville. We were able to walk up and get seated right away. I had the cheeseburger and fries and Andi had the spicy chicken sandwich. We each had a drink, I went with the frozen blended strawberry margarita and Andi had the spicy margarita. Everything was very tasty and my burger was freshly made. It was very quiet in there.

We got our room ready text while eating. We shopped at Uniqlo where Andi found a few shirts and shorts. I didn’t buy anything for myself at Uniqlo, highly unusual, lol 😂 We decided to head out to CR. We didn’t have long to wait for a bus and we were at the CR. Our room was in the garden wing, room 5212. We thought the room was very outdated and bland. It reminded me of an airport motel. The room was big. We were okay with it and liked the location to the MK. It did have a musty smell and I sprayed some Febreze and we started to unpack. We wanted to rest for about an hour before the Boo Bash. Stay tuned for the Boo Bash review, coming up next!
The resort debacle comes soon!
IMG_Oct172021at54539PM.jpg
IMG_Oct172021at54620PM.jpg

Last edited:
We noticed on our way to the Boo Bash, the lobby at CR, is under major construction as well as the main building. We walked, well Andi walked, over to MK and arrived around 7pm. We got our wrist band and headed towards Fantasyland. We had received a notification on MDE that there would not be any fireworks tonight, however, the projections, music and Tink flying would still happen. We didn’t know why but we felt bad because it would be one of our last times viewing HEA. We decided to head into Storybook circus area, the souvenir shop was already closed, bummer! We decided to ride Dumbo, Under the Sea, and IASW. All three of these attractions had minimal to no wait!
IMG_Oct172021at54726PM.jpg

We had a boat to ourselves on Small World and it was fun!
IMG_Oct172021at54840PM.jpg
IMG_Oct172021at54913PM.jpg
IMG_Oct172021at60359PM.jpg
IMG_Oct172021at60508PM.jpg

We listened to the HEA music in Fantasyland. It was so weird without fireworks. We still got tears singing along. The party was starting now at 9:30.
IMG_Oct172021at54805PM.jpg

We headed to Pirates and Jungle Cruise. We noticed lots of monkey scenes now instead of cannibals on The JC. :rotfl: Pirates was a walk on. I do love this ride. We stopped for some soda and popcorn after Pirates. We did our first treat spot at The Tiki Room. We noticed the treat areas and PhotoPass areas were very crowded. The rides not so much. We made our way towards the castle and watched the cavalcade with MIckey, Minnie, Donald, Daisey and Pluto. The music made me miss the real Halloween party, Boo to you and you and you! We went to Crystal Palace and saw Piglet as a butterfly, so cute, and Eyore in his Birthday outfit. Pooh and Tigger were not out.
IMG_Oct172021at60545PM.jpg

We went and did BigThunder and Splash. We listened to the Cadaver Dan’s and they had a lady with them. We also saw Chip and Dale on top of the Country Bears building, very cute! We did more candy stops along the way. We headed to HM. Carlotta was out on the lawn in her ghostly form. We enjoyed HM and the CM’s are dressed in their ghoulish make up. We went on SDMT, it was basically a walk on. We rode Pooh next, took a little break and had some popcorn, ice cream and drinks. These are part of the price. We did the treat areas in TL. We rode Buzz and PM.
IMG_Oct172021at60635PM.jpg
We Watched the Villians cavalcade and saw the Dragon by the castle. The party was from 9:30 to 12:30am.
IMG_Oct172021at60713PM.jpg

IMG_Oct172021at60911PM.jpg

We headed out right around 12:15 and walked back to the room. Well Andi pushed me. Andi took a shower and said the tub floor was sinking and making sloshing noise. Oh no foreshadowing :scared1: Like water underneath. We went to sleep around 2am. Stay tuned for more shower problems in the am!

What did I think of The Boo Bash? My honest opinion is it was just meh..it did not have the party vibe or ambience and I missed that. It was more about riding rides. This was fine but if you are a die hard MNSSHP lover, like myself, you maybe disappointed. I knew going in, it was more like an after hours event but it still was lacking to me because it was Halloween themed. We did get a fair amount of candy and treats. We epically failed on the PhotoPass opportunities, these were very long lines and with the wheelchair we weren’t feeling it. If you are able to go in with the mind set that it is after hours you will enjoy it. I really didn’t get many pictures this evening, but I certainly got some good IASW pictures for your viewing excitement lol 😝
Stay tuned for the resort shower dilemma…….

Today was our check out day at The Riviera. Looking back, I should have went to the front desk and asked if there was availability to stay at The Riviera
Oh no!!!

This ride is cute but certainly not worth the ILLS price. ILLS stands for Individual Lighting Lane System, to me it stands for exactly what it spells, makes me ILL having to pay extra for rides! I won’t be paying extra for this ride!
ugh! ILLS starts Tuesday! I was talking with Andy about this. And I can see us paying for MRR once. We haven't done it yet and will want to ride it but that would be it. BUT I am hoping that the lines aren't too bad and we will just wait. We will see. I am very intrested to see how this all shakes out!

The resort debacle comes soon!
IMG_Oct172021at54539PM.jpg
Oh boy! I do have to say I don't have any desire to stay at the contemporary.

Andi snagged us a RotR boarding group of 22 this morning, yay!
Not bad!
I ordered the almond cold brew, Su-Lynn raves about this, and wow she is right! The almond cold brew is so delicious, now my favorite cold brew ever!
Su-Lynn is great for tips!
While I'm not a coffee fan so wouldn't do this particular one, I have done other things she's suggested.
ILLS stands for Individual Lighting Lane System
No idea what this is!
to me it stands for exactly what it spells, makes me ILL having to pay extra for rides!
:laughing:
Nothing can stop us know” She was right, despite my ankle and a different way of touring this trip, we didn’t stop or give up!
:goodvibes
It's practically empty!!
She was able to ride twice with very little wait.
Nice. ::yes::
We both had the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider and the pretzel.
mmmmm... yes please.
The ride went down, boo, we did have to wait in that spot for about 30 minutes.
Oh, shoot.
Did it open again and you rode? Or was it down from then on and you couldnt?
I was so happy we used the restroom before we went on line. That may have been disastrous especially after drinking a cider and a big glass of water!
:rolleyes:
Love this shot. :)
Everything was very tasty and my burger was freshly made.
I wouldn't expect that from a bowling alley!
We had received a notification on MDE that there would not be any fireworks tonight, however, the projections, music and Tink flying would still happen.
I wonder what was up?
Seems like if the conditions didn't allow fireworks, it would mean no Tink flying as well? :confused3
We had a boat to ourselves on Small World and it was fun!
"Fun" may not be the adjective that I might use....... :rolleyes1
We listened to the HEA music in Fantasyland. It was so weird without fireworks.
Yeah, that's... weird. Like... why have the music at all??? The fireworks are synched to it. :confused3
We noticed lots of monkey scenes now instead of cannibals on The JC.
Huh.
We noticed the treat areas and PhotoPass areas were very crowded. The rides not so much.
Not super surprising. I mean... you can't do the special PP photos or do treats any other time.
The music made me miss the real Halloween party
:(
Yeah... I can definitely see that.
We listened to the Cadaver Dan’s and they had a lady with them.
Really! I've never seen/heard that!
Carlotta was out on the lawn in her ghostly form.
Yussss... Love her.
We enjoyed HM and the CM’s are dressed in their ghoulish make up.
:goodvibes
Andi took a shower and said the tub floor was sinking and making sloshing noise.
oh, no...
What did I think of The Boo Bash? My honest opinion is it was just meh..it did not have the party vibe or ambience and I missed that.
That's unfortunate. I hope it will come back.

Just to see him on a panel talking about the show, amazing! I’m so excited for the new book it hits the shelves in November, yay!

Me too! I'm planning to reread the last book before the new one comes out. I need to get started on that really soon.

Andi snagged us a RotR boarding group of 22 this morning, yay!

She has some fast fingers.

This ride is cute but certainly not worth the ILLS price. ILLS stands for Individual Lighting Lane System, to me it stands for exactly what it spells, makes me ILL having to pay extra for rides! I won’t be paying extra for this ride!

I love your acronym. I also won't be paying for this. It's cute but not worth the money. I'm thinking they did this so families would have a ride.

We decided to head down Sunset Boulevard and check in to a creepy and dusty hotel!

My favorite thrill ride.

Andi wanted to ride RnRc so we headed over there and I sat in my wheelchair and people watched. She was able to ride twice with very little wait.

I sit this one out too.

I was so happy we used the restroom before we went on line. That may have been disastrous especially after drinking a cider and a big glass of water!

Talk about good planning.

It did have a musty smell and I sprayed some Febreze and we started to unpack.

Foreshadowing.

We had received a notification on MDE that there would not be any fireworks tonight, however, the projections, music and Tink flying would still happen. We didn’t know why but we felt bad because it would be one of our last times viewing HEA.

That is weird.

We headed out right around 12:15 and walked back to the room.

Y'all really got a lot done, more than we did in September.

Andi took a shower and said the tub floor was sinking and making sloshing noise. Oh no foreshadowing :scared1: Like water underneath. We went to sleep around 2am. Stay tuned for more shower problems in the am!

Oh noooooo!

but I certainly got some good IASW pictures for your viewing excitement lol 😝

I was just thinking that too. Awesome IASW photos.

hat did I think of The Boo Bash? My honest opinion is it was just meh..it did not have the party vibe or ambience and I missed that. It was more about riding rides. This was fine but if you are a die hard MNSSHP lover, like myself, you maybe disappointed.
This is pretty much why I didn't do it and am not upset about not doing it; I saw it as extra evening hours with a little bit of Halloween thrown in lol. I think it may be the same for the holiday after hours but since I have always LOVED MNSSHP and just really LIKED MVMCP I feel like I'll be less disappointed lol!

I haven’t done any of the after hours events or parties so I feel like I’d be less disappointed than you were. The ride times were great though and candy is always good so there’s that I suppose.
Seriously hoping you and Andi do not float away on your bed during the night. The shower situation is not sounding good but I guess the fact that you’re writing this report means you survived. Whew!

ugh! ILLS starts Tuesday! I was talking with Andy about this. And I can see us paying for MRR once. We haven't done it yet and will want to ride it but that would be it. BUT I am hoping that the lines aren't too bad and we will just wait. We will s
It sounds interesting from what I am seeing and reading about! I’m leaning towards just getting a Rise one and maybe the Genie* 1-2 days otherwise not worth it in my opinion unless it is a very crowded time.
Oh boy! I do have to say I don't have any desire to stay at the contemporary.
We really liked it in 2015 but this time it just seems so dark and dingy. I’m sure the tower rooms will be nice but probably 900.00 a night crazy!
Hopefully she can transfer her skills to Remy’s ride now since no more Rise virtual queue
Su-Lynn is great for tips!
While I'm not a coffee fan so wouldn't do this particular one, I have done other things she's suggested.
I agree, we have learned many good tips from her!
No idea what this is!
Aka the fancy rides, you pay extra for the deemed fancy ones, you can have 2 a day and depending on cost you will pay 10-15 dollars for each one, plus tax of course!
It's practically empty!!
We couldn’t have asked for better wait times and low crowds this trip!
mmmmm... yes please.
Baseline is a favorite of ours now!
Oh, shoot.
Did it open again and you rode? Or was it down from then on and you couldnt?
We did get to ride just had to stay stationary in the queue for an extra 30-40 minutes!
wouldn't expect that from a bowling alley!
I would say each time we have had a meal or appetizers at Splitsville we have been pleased with the quality and service!
I wonder what was up?
Seems like if the conditions didn't allow fireworks, it would mean no Tink flying as well?
It was weird, I had a rumor there was a fire and all the fireworks for this evening didn’t make it, really a bummer for us since it would have been our last HEA in the park!
Yeah, that's... weird. Like... why have the music at all??? The fireworks are synched to it. :confused3
It was odd,
Not super surprising. I mean... you can't do the special PP photos or do treats any other time.
Yes I agree, I think many were just doing those special things. I wish we would have done more photo ops!
Really! I've never seen/heard
This was the first time we say a woman performing with the Cadaver Dan’s, very enjoyable
Yussss... Love her.
She is a hoot! I saw her once at the popcorn stand in Liberty Square before the MNSSHP parade and she was so funny talking to everyone getting popcorn!
That's unfortunate. I hope it will come back.
Yes, I wouldn’t do the Boo Bash again only the real party!

Me too! I'm planning to reread the last book before the new one comes out. I need to get started on that really soon.
I should really do that, it has been a long time since reading the last one!
I love your acronym. I also won't be paying for this. It's cute but not worth the money. I'm thinking they did this so families would have a ride.
It is so true. I just think Disney goes way overboard when they launch new things, so complicated for the average guest, costly, and time consuming.
My favorite thrill ride.
Mine as well I’m so proud of myself for riding this one, lol 😆
That is weird.
I heard a rumor the fireworks caught on fire or were damage
Y'all really got a lot done, more than we did in September.
we did concentrate on rides instead of the extras
Oh noooooo!
It was very weird and definitely not good but wait until you hear what they said about it!
I was just thinking that too. Awesome IASW photos.
I normally am not a fan of the IASW attraction but this evening in our boat and moving slowly along I really enjoyed it!

This is pretty much why I didn't do it and am not upset about not doing it; I saw it as extra evening hours with a little bit of Halloween thrown in lol. I think it may be the same for the holiday after hours but since I have always LOVED MNSSHP and just really LIKED MVMCP I feel like I'll be less disappointed lol!
You really had the right idea, it was lackluster because of my absolute love of MNSSHP oh well, we did get a lot of rides done
I’m the same about MVMCP so hopefully I won’t be to disappointed with this one since it is so expensive!

I haven’t done any of the after hours events or parties so I feel like I’d be less disappointed than you were. The ride times were great though and candy is always good so there’s that I suppose.
Seriously hoping you and Andi do not float away on your bed during the night. The shower situation is not sounding good but I guess the fact that you’re writing this report means you survived. Whew!
I think my ankle injury had a lot to do with my mood as well and my love for MNSSHP made this one seem so lackluster.
Haha nothing like that but is was very weird and not good to feel it sinking and sloshy around!

The water is a sloshing!

We slept in until around 8:30am, I went in to shower and the floor definitely was mushy and sinking some. It made a swishing noise when you stepped on it. We knew the floor of the shower should not be doing this and decided to let the front desk know on our way to Epcot.
The lobby was under construction and the front desk was in a temporary area. The vibe was not Disney at all just major construction. We got to ride in the new elevators and these are cool. The design is a abstract silver monorail!
We stopped and let the CM at the front desk know about the shower. Andi took a video of the floor sloshing. The CM checked it out and just says that’s not good you will need to move. I said okay and she tells us room 6113, well I do know this is the furthest room in the garden wing. I told her I am needing a w/c and this room is really far away. She just looked at me and didn’t really give another option. I went on my phone to look for different resorts. I told her we will move to Gran Destino. The CM didn’t even know where that was. :confused3I explained and she called the resort and there was a room ready for us. :thumbsup2
We did have to go back to our room and pack again! The maintenance person and head of housekeeping came to the room. They were somewhat embarrassed and said this room should not have been in use. They were very nice and helpful. I was given one night credit and I would also have more credit because Destino was less expensive. The maintenance CM told us they have to remove the entire tub insert and dry it out and replace it. We were happy to be moving and to be honest, Gran Destino has such a better vibe. It is very clean, modern, and still has the new resort feeling.
We had bell service take our luggage and we went to the monorail. The monorail had been sitting for awhile when we got on. People were frustrated and it was packed in there. It finally got the issue fixed and we were on our way. By the time we got to Epcot it was raining. :sad2:
We decided to go to our new room and wait for the rain to end. We went from the monorail area to the bus area. :rotfl:
We didn’t have to wait long and we were at GD tower. I have to say, we both were really happy with this resort change. The CM at the front desk was very nice and told us our room number. We had room 935 close to the elevator on the 9th floor. We could see ToT and SE.
The manager called me from CR and I thought that was very nice. He apologized for the room. He also told me, he use to be the manager at WL before COVID. He noticed our reservation for late September and told me we would have an excellent room and some surprises when we arrived. I thought he was so nice and really made us feel better about the whole situation. Now the real bummer is we never made it to WL as you all know, we canceled our 50th celebration trip! :sad: We probably would have had a MK view room at WL.
We lounged around and went to Rix’sports bar and had some appetizers. The CM working in there was very nice. We ordered Buffalo chicken dip, mozzarella triangles and waffle fries. This was very standard bar food, nothing spectacular but it did hit the spot. We decided to cancel our CG ADR since we were not at CR anymore and go to Epcot for F&W snacks. We headed out around 4pm. It was raining lightly, we noticed SE was down. :sad:
We went to Soarin and it was a walk on. We got B row 1. This was very nice. Lwtl was also down, boo. It had been down for about 2 weeks. We did Figment next and then we went into the WS. Andi had a Teriyaki Chicken bun, and Kochi Lemon 🍋 Drop. Both of these are from the Japan booth and tasted very good. The lemon drop was a little strong for me!
IMG_Oct242021at84241AM.jpg
IMG_Oct242021at84318AM.jpg

We saw Princess Aurora along the way :wave2:
IMG_Oct242021at84528AM.jpg

It looks like the massive wheel monstrosity is going to grab her 😂

We headed to Italy and had the bomboloni this was very good, This is a cream filled donut with a raspberry sauce.

I had the Rose Regale sparkling wine, I love this. Andi had the Italian margarita, this also was very good.
IMG_Oct242021at84401AM.jpg

We decided to go and ride Gran Fiesta and visit La Cava, we shared the Blood orange margarita, it has mescal in it and a more smoky flavor. Andi liked this better than I did. I’m not a big mescal fan.
IMG_Oct242021at84603AM.jpg

I wanted the shredded pork bun from Hawaii, so glad I got this. It was delicious 😋

SE was still down, so we headed out. Andi was awesome about pushing me in the w/c. The ankle was not improving enough to walk like I normally do. We went back to Destino and We could see SE and watched the Fireworks from our room.
IMG_Oct242021at100048AM.jpg

We decided to do Epcot again the next day so we could ride SE and eat more FW treats. Our original plan was AK and this is a harder park to push the w/c in. We also had done everything there on our AK day.
Stay tuned for

Wow it is hot and I am tipsy 🥴

Attachments

• IMG_Oct242021at84109AM.jpg
    IMG_Oct242021at84109AM.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_Oct242021at84145AM.jpg
    IMG_Oct242021at84145AM.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!