Nothing Can Stop Us Now! The End! Well almost, quick recap of Jan 22 trip! Update on April trip 4/21*

I'm always late to your reports but this time I'm going to post and try to keep up.
Hi 👋 Thank you so much for reading and commenting!
I'm so sorry your ankle was giving you trouble and you had to cancel your 50th trip. Our last trip was over Labor Day weekend and we used a wheelchair for my oldest daughter. She was 6 months pregnant at the time and the heat and walking was too much for her. We shared the pushing but I did most of it and it was rough at times. Disney has so many ups and downs. I was tha
I think I was following your trip on FB, it looks like you all had a great time, the crowds were so love, we loved it! We spent more time eating and drinking this trip! It didn’t help my waistline with the limited walking I was doing, ugh! Andi was awesome about pushing me around but she did get hot and tired! We thought AK with the inclines and different textured pavement was the hardest park to navigate. How nice of you to push your daughter around!
Enjoying your trip so far and especially the food. I haven't had diner at either place so this is all new to me
We loved most of all our dining experiences this trip!
I'm also a HUGE Outlander fan. I've read all the books and of course watched the series. I even attended a Wizard Con where Sam and several others were there.
Wow how cool to meet Sam. I was apprehensive about the series on TV, I didn’t want it to ruin my love for the books but I was pleasantly surprised and thought the series was wonderful and Jamie didn’t disappoint how I had him in my mind 😍
Looking forward to more.
Coming soon!

Jaleo sounds wonderful. My sister in-law loves the Magical Dining offers. Her birthday is the beginning of October and she usually plans her bday dinner around the dates. But I don't think she's ever tried Jaleo before, so I'm going to have to convince her to go there next fall.

Gideon's cookies for dessert, so yummy! Sorry your ankle was bothering you that night, though.

Hey Caroline.... just finally back on the reports I so love after catching up on my own. Took quite a while, but am now also caught up on yours too. :)

I hope your ankle is mending- let us know how you are!

Jaleo sounds wonderful. My sister in-law loves the Magical Dining offers. Her birthday is the beginning of October and she usually plans her bday dinner around the dates. But I don't think she's ever tried Jaleo before, so I'm going to have to convince her to go there next fall.

Gideon's cookies for dessert, so yummy! Sorry your ankle was bothering you that night, though.
Jaleo would be a wonderful spot for a Birthday dinner! The Magical dining was such a good deal!
The cookies from Gideon’s are so yummy and last all week!

Hey Caroline.... just finally back on the reports I so love after catching up on my own. Took quite a while, but am now also caught up on yours too. :)

I hope your ankle is mending- let us know how you are!
Hey you! Glad you are reading along. You have had some cool travel experiences and Disney for the 50th how awesome! I wish I would have been there!
See below about my ankle!

Before I start this post, I wanted to let you all know my ankle is way better but it still isn’t normal! It is weak and I feel like I can’t walk my usual amount! I get discouraged because it is taking so long! I keep following the doctors orders and hope it totally goes away soon!
I have some Disney news! Andi and I are doing a trip 12/1-12/7! At first, I was going to go solo and meet some friends down there, however, Andi was able to work it out with school and she can come along now! I am still going to spend time with Karamie and Lesley! We have a few dinners and Christmas party together. I’m so excited to see them and spend time touring with these awesome ladies! Both are on the boards and we met on our Epic trip!

I also found out yesterday Ariane and Kari will be down there the same time, yay! We will definitely have to meet up for a drink or two! Right now Andi and I are staying at Portofino Bay at US 12/1-12/3 and The Swan Reserve from 12/3-12/7! We haven’t been for Christmas since 2017. We spent Andi’s 18th Birthday at WDW. You can read about that trip in my signature. I sure hope my ankle is better by that time!

Do you think there are more animals in this park than people?
Our plan was AK this morning. We took a lyft and arrived by 7:20nam and the park was already open, yay! We loved the empty feeling walking in or riding in, I was still in the wheelchair. Our first stop was Pandora and we went on FoP, the wait was basically the walk through the queue. I love this ride! We decided to do this again since it was a walk on. We had people next to us and this was their first ride, how exciting! They loved it 😍
IMG_Oct102021at34021PM.jpg

Navi river ride was our next ride, this was also a walk on. We were shocked when we got to the end and the animatronic shaman is gone! There was a screen with her on it! What happened to her? Well thanks to Google, we found out she apparently toppled over in January and has not been fixed or put back. She was huge and seeing her topple over must have been a site to see. We loved her. I wonder if she will ever come back? I hope she is not like the yeti. Disney, for some reason, takes their sweet time to fix things or they don’t at all. After our disappointment on Navi River it was time to head to Africa.
The Safari was next and this was a walk on as well! We had a row to ourselves, this was nice! We saw the baby hippo, a baby giraffe, Stella and friends walking along as the sun rises, this was so cool, I failed on a picture. The painted dogs were up and about and the cheetah was walking around, all in all a successful Safari.
IMG_Oct102021at33131PM.jpg

We did have a mom and daughter behind us and the mom let the little girl hang out the side of the vehicle, I was so nervous that little girl was going to fall out of our vehicle. Her mom was way to relaxed with this little girl, yikes! It’s amazing how each Safari is so different and enjoyable each time, minus kids hanging out of the vehicle!

We went to Dinosaur next, walk on , did this twice,
IMG_Oct72021at11837PM.jpg

Andi went to Everest and rode twice, it was a walk on,
IMG_Oct72021at11938PM.jpg

I rode the triceratops twirl x 2, no wait 😄 Look how quiet this area was!
IMG_Oct102021at33215PM.jpg

Satu’li opened at 10am so we went there around 10:30am and each had a kids meal, Andi had the chicken bowl with rice and beans. I had the hot dog of course, both were very good! Satuli was nice and quiet and we had an area all to ourselves.
IMG_Oct102021at33516PM.jpg

The wait for FoP was 30 minutes and we did this one more time! AK was very quiet overall. I actually think the animals outnumbered the people this time!

We looked in a few shops and headed out to rest. We did not have to wait long for a bus. Mickey is hugging me not strangling me:rotfl2: This is on Snapchat
IMG_Oct102021at33443PM.jpg

We spent some time relaxing in the room.

We really liked staying at The Riviera. The room was very clean, the beds very comfortable, close to the elevator and it was very quiet. I don’t think we had anyone staying in the room on the one side of us! The CM’s all were super nice. We liked the outside bar area, the grounds, and the transportation. The Skyliner was very easy to use and not crowded. So far, crowds had been very low at the parks, resort, and DS.
After resting, we went to DS for an early dinner at Frontera Cocina, it is Margarita Monday yay! For $5. We did not have to wait at all for a table. The place was not busy. We had our usual here, guacamole with chips, queso, red beans, and chicken flautas. Everything was very good. Our waiter was good and very friendly.

IMG_Oct102021at33556PM.jpg

IMG_Oct102021at33638PM.jpg

We went to Sprinkles for dessert and I got the cupcake sundae. Andi did not want anything. I ordered the strawberry cupcake with vanilla bean ice cream and the the CM accidentally made it with strawberry ice cream. She gave that one to Andi for free and made me a different one. Yay for free sundae. This simple cupcake sundae is delicious, yum! I was very full after this.
IMG_Oct102021at33727PM.jpg

We headed back to rest. I really couldn’t do more than that for a day.
I apologize the font is small, the Dis is acting up again and won’t let me increase the size now, ugh! >:(
Stay tuned for a resort change and not a good one!!

I have some Disney news! Andi and I are doing a trip 12/1-12/7!

Great!! I'm glad that all worked out!
We had people next to us and this was their first ride, how exciting! They loved it 😍

I love when I get newbies beside me. Always enjoy their enthusiasm and reactions. :)
We were shocked when we got to the end and the animatronic shaman is gone! There was a screen with her on it! What happened to her? Well thanks to Google, we found out she apparently toppled over in January and has not been fixed or put back. She was huge and seeing her topple over must have been a site to see. We loved her. I wonder if she will ever come back?

Weird!! But good news! It was there when I rode a couple of weeks ago, the shaman was there.
Satuli was nice and quiet and we had an area all to ourselves.

Lucky! Last few times I was in there it was horribly packed.
AK was very quiet overall. I actually think the animals outnumbered the people this time!

Love AK when it's quiet!!
we went to DS for an early dinner at Frontera Cocina, it is Margarita Monday yay! For $5.

Still on my list!
I ordered the strawberry cupcake with vanilla bean ice cream and the the CM accidentally made it with strawberry ice cream. She gave that one to Andi for free and made me a different one. Yay for free sundae. This simple cupcake sundae is delicious, yum! I was very full after this.
YAY!!!! Pixie dust!
Ruh roh!!

I wanted to let you all know my ankle is way better but it still isn’t normal! It is weak and I feel like I can’t walk my usual amount! I get discouraged because it is taking so long! I keep following the doctors orders and hope it totally goes away soon!
Glad to hear it's feeling better. Now just be a good patient and do as your doctor tells you.
Andi and I are doing a trip 12/1-12/7! At first, I was going to go solo and meet some friends down there, however, Andi was able to work it out with school and she can come along now! I am still going to spend time with Karamie and Lesley! We have a few dinners and Christmas party together. I’m so excited to see them and spend time touring with these awesome ladies! Both are on the boards and we met on our Epic trip!
I also found out yesterday Ariane and Kari will be down there the same time, yay!
Wow! That's great!
Our first stop was Pandora and we went on FoP, the wait was basically the walk through the queue.
Walk on... unbelievable. :sad2:

Happy for you, of course, but... wow. Never thought I'd see the day.
We decided to do this again since it was a walk on.
Well, sure!!
Navi river ride was our next ride, this was also a walk on. We were shocked when we got to the end and the animatronic shaman is gone!
two for two!
But... I hadn't heard about that! :scared:
Well thanks to Google, we found out she apparently toppled over in January and has not been fixed or put back.
I see Liesa has already said that it's back. :)
She was huge and seeing her topple over must have been a site to see.
Traumatic if there were any little kids watching. :(
The Safari was next and this was a walk on as well!
Three for three!
Whoa!
We saw the baby hippo, a baby giraffe, Stella and friends walking along as the sun rises, this was so cool, I failed on a picture. The painted dogs were up and about and the cheetah was walking around, all in all a successful Safari.
Saw tons! Not too shabby at all!
We did have a mom and daughter behind us and the mom let the little girl hang out the side of the vehicle, I was so nervous that little girl was going to fall out of our vehicle.
:eek:
I'm shocked the CM didn't say something.
We went to Dinosaur next, walk on , did this twice,
Four for four! :faint:
Andi went to Everest and rode twice, it was a walk on,
Make that five for five.
I rode the triceratops twirl x 2, no wait 😄
Nope. Not gonna count that one. :laughing:

But you guys had amazing luck with zero queues.
I had the hot dog of course, both were very good!
That looks really interesting. I might have to put that on my list.
The wait for FoP was 30 minutes and we did this one more time!
Practically a walk on again. How could you not go again??
I actually think the animals outnumbered the people this time!
:laughing:
Considering the non-existent wait times... you could be right!
Mickey is hugging me not strangling me:rotfl2: This is on Snapchat
"You must wait longer for rides!!!"
We really liked staying at The Riviera.
I've heard nothing but good things about it. :)
We went to Sprinkles for dessert and I got the cupcake sundae. Andi did not want anything.
Did. Not. Want. Anything...
Uh, oh!

Before I start this post, I wanted to let you all know my ankle is way better but it still isn’t normal!

So glad it's doing better. Hopefully by December it'll be 100%.

I have some Disney news! Andi and I are doing a trip 12/1-12/7! At first, I was going to go solo and meet some friends down there, however, Andi was able to work it out with school and she can come along now! I am still going to spend time with Karamie and Lesley! We have a few dinners and Christmas party together. I’m so excited to see them and spend time touring with these awesome ladies! Both are on the boards and we met on our Epic trip!

I am soooo excited for this trip. Don't think I've been this excited about a trip for a while!

I also found out yesterday Ariane and Kari will be down there the same time, yay!

Oh how fun, I didn't know that!

There was a screen with her on it! What happened to her? Well thanks to Google, we found out she apparently toppled over in January and has not been fixed or put back.

Oh wow, that's wild!

The Safari was next and this was a walk on as well! We had a row to ourselves, this was nice!

This is sounding like a perfect day!

IMG_Oct72021at11837PM.jpg

A whole jeep to yourselves! Was it scarier being all alone?

I also found out yesterday Ariane and Kari will be down there the same time, yay! We will definitely have to meet up for a drink or two! Right now Andi and I are staying at Portofino Bay at US 12/1-12/3 and The Swan Reserve from 12/3-12/7! We haven’t been for Christmas since 2017. We spent Andi’s 18th Birthday at WDW. You can read about that trip in my signature. I sure hope my ankle is better by that time!
Yay! So happy Andi can travel with you!
Our plan was AK this morning. We took a lyft and arrived by 7:20nam and the park was already open, yay! We loved the empty feeling walking in or riding in, I was still in the wheelchair. Our first stop was Pandora and we went on FoP, the wait was basically the walk through the queue. I love this ride! We decided to do this again since it was a walk on. We had people next to us and this was their first ride, how exciting! They loved it 😍
A walk on for FoP is awesome!
We did have a mom and daughter behind us and the mom let the little girl hang out the side of the vehicle, I was so nervous that little girl was going to fall out of our vehicle. Her mom was way to relaxed with this little girl, yikes! It’s amazing how each Safari is so different and enjoyable each time, minus kids hanging out of the vehicle!
Yikes is right...how can some people be so careless with their children?
Satu’li opened at 10am so we went there around 10:30am and each had a kids meal, Andi had the chicken bowl with rice and beans. I had the hot dog of course, both were very good! Satuli was nice and quiet and we had an area all to ourselves.
I lov eSatuli!
After resting, we went to DS for an early dinner at Frontera Cocina, it is Margarita Monday yay! For $5. We did not have to wait at all for a table. The place was not busy. We had our usual here, guacamole with chips, queso, red beans, and chicken flautas. Everything was very good. Our waiter was good and very friendly.
Will have to remember this for March! Nothing wrong with a $5 margarita!
Uh oh!

Haha I like Caro, one of my childhood friends called me carebear and still does!
I'm a carebear too!!! Though I think it is more fitting for you. For me I think it is more a statement of being a child of the 80's and not my actual disposition :rotfl:

Before I start this post, I wanted to let you all know my ankle is way better but it still isn’t normal! It is weak and I feel like I can’t walk my usual amount!
I'm sure its frustrating that you aren't completely healed yet but so glad to hear it is improving

Woohoo!!! And Jenny too!

Our first stop was Pandora and we went on FoP, the wait was basically the walk through the queue. I love this ride! We decided to do this again since it was a walk on. We had people next to us and this was their first ride, how exciting! They loved it 😍
Wow! You walked (or wheeled in your case) on twice. That is crazy!!!

Navi river ride was our next ride, this was also a walk on. We were shocked when we got to the end and the animatronic shaman is gone! There was a screen with her on it! What happened to her?
That is very, very weird though I always wondered why there was just 1 of her. If Disney had used more than 1 in the attraction it going down wouldn't be an issue

The wait for FoP was 30 minutes and we did this one more time! AK was very quiet overall. I actually think the animals outnumbered the people this time!
You all sure lucked out crowds wise. An empty AK is my dream

We really liked staying at The Riviera. The room was very clean, the beds very comfortable, close to the elevator and it was very quiet. I don’t think we had anyone staying in the room on the one side of us! The CM’s all were super nice. We liked the outside bar area, the grounds, and the transportation.
I seriously cannot wait to stay here one day. It just looks like such a beautiful and high end resort.

After resting, we went to DS for an early dinner at Frontera Cocina, it is Margarita Monday yay! For $5.
How did I not know that $5 margaritas were a thing? Will have to rectify that

Great!! I'm glad that all worked out!
I’m excited for a Christmas themed trip!
love when I get newbies beside me. Always enjoy their enthusiasm and reactions.
I agree, it is always fun to see reactions to first time experiences especially with FoP
Weird!! But good news! It was there when I rode a couple of weeks ago, the shaman was there.
Yay! I’m glad she is back. I thought we wouldn’t see her again
Lucky! Last few times I was in there it was horribly packed.
It was so nice, we were rather early for lunch so that helped!
Love AK when it's quiet!!
I know, I just wish I could have walked around better, we didn’t do the trails because of the w(c and I bet these were very quiet as well.
Still on my list!
I highly recommend and the $5 margaritas are still hand made not from a mix!
Ruh roh!!
Oh boy just wait!

Glad to hear it's feeling better. Now just be a good patient and do as your doctor tells you.
Yes me too. I hope it keeps improving!
Wow! That's great!
I’m excited for a little Disney time at Christmas!
Walk on... unbelievable. :sad2:

Happy for you, of course, but... wow. Never thought I'd see the day.
It was amazing how the rides were all walk on, no Genie+ needed this trip
I see Liesa has already s
I cut off the quote but I am so happy she is back
Traumatic if there were any little kids watching.
We watched her topple over on Google, she did it in slow motion, it looked creepy, lol 😆
Saw tons! Not too shabby at all!
It really was an enjoyable Safari
I'm shocked the CM didn't say something.
I was surprised as well because she was way over the side a few times!
Nope. Not gonna count that one. :laughing:

But you guys had amazing luck with zero queues.
Sad but true I ride Triceratops while Andi does Everest
That looks really interesting. I might have to put that on my list.
The hot dog at Satuli is really good!
Practically a walk on again. How could you not go again??
I believe we only waited about 20 minutes!
You must wait longer for rides!!!"
I had to laugh how it did look like Mickey was going to strangle me!
I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Lovely resort!

I’m excited for a little Disney time at Christmas!
How could you not be! Snoap!
It was amazing how the rides were all walk on, no Genie+ needed this trip
Heh. How bummed would you have been to have paid extra for it??
I cut off the quote but I am so happy she is back
::yes::
We watched her topple over on Google, she did it in slow motion, it looked creepy, lol 😆
Of course it was slow. She's a mom. She's exhausted.
I was surprised as well because she was way over the side a few times!
:eek:
Sad but true I ride Triceratops while Andi does Everest
The hot dog at Satuli is really good!
On my list! :)
I had to laugh how it did look like Mickey was going to strangle me!

So glad it's doing better. Hopefully by December it'll be 100%
Me too! I’m trying to increase my walking a few steps each day, some aches and pains about every couple days now but so much better overall!
am soooo excited for this trip. Don't think I've been this excited about a trip for a while!
I am too, it makes me so happy we can visit and hang out! It has been awhile since we have been at Christmas time, love it! Like we said much more excited to see the Christmas stuff then the 50th!
Oh how fun, I didn't know that!
Yes they are there the same dates!
Oh wow, that's wild!
We giggled when we saw the picture of her toppling over!
This is sounding like a perfect day!
It really was a nice morning and the low crowds made all the difference
A whole jeep to yourselves! Was it scarier being all alone?
It was fun and we got to stay on for the second ride. I think because we have been on it so much it wasn’t more scary! Funny story, I had been on Dinosaur at least 20x before I saw the big Dinosaur come at you right before the end of the ride! I always had my eyes closed! :rotfl:

Yay! So happy Andi can travel with you
Yes it will be so nice and love this time of year!
A walk on for FoP is awesome!
We have never seen it as a walk on!
Yikes is right...how can some people be so careless with their children?
Even Andi who is oblivious to little ones made a comment about her! She was literally hanging over the edge most of the Safari
I lov eSatuli!
Yum! We love it. I just read your post where Jack wasn’t as thrilled with it as you were
Will have to remember this for March! Nothing wrong with a $5 margarit
It is a really good deal and these are hand mixed not from a machine
Yes indeed Uh oh!
I'm a carebear too!!! Though I think it is more fitting for you. For me I think it is more a statement of being a child of the 80's and not my actual disposition
I do remember the care bears of course, I was a teen in the early 80’s, loved the 80’s! It’s funny because everyone in my family calls me Care or Caroline but my one friend still calls me Carebear!
I'm sure its frustrating that you aren't completely healed yet but so glad to hear it is improving
Wow such a weird injury and he doctor was right about it taking 6-8 weeks and no more cute shoes for me now, ugly tennis shoes with orthotics in them, ugh!
Woohoo!!! And Jenny too!
Wow that is awesome, is your family going with you? I’m guessing not just you ladies but everyone, we have to meet up for a drink in Epcot for sure!
Wow! You walked (or wheeled in your case) on twice. That is crazy!!!
It really was, never have I seen the standby line less than an hour let along a walk on!
That is very, very weird though I always wondered why there was just 1 of her. If Disney had used more than 1 in the attraction it going down wouldn't be an issue
It was weird to see a screen shot of her at the end!
You all sure lucked out crowds wise. An empty AK is my dream
It was so nice, it reminded me of years ago when Disney offered extra magic evening hours at AK, it was so fun back then and no crowds
I seriously cannot wait to stay here one day. It just looks like such a beautiful and high end resort.
You will love it, the ambiance is upscale and relaxing with Disney touches all around!
How did I not know that $5 margaritas were a thing? Will have to rectify that
Yes every Monday, we have done it several times now and decent hand mixed margaritas for this price!

Hooray! A holiday getaway to WDW. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Keep healing that ankle so!

the animatronic shaman is gone!

Oh wow, I didn't know about that. Man, I really hope it doesn't go the way of the yeti...

AK was very quiet overall. I actually think the animals outnumbered the people this time!

Oh my gosh, it sounds like a perfect Animal Kingdom day. Three turns on FOP plus all the other headliner attractions...that's amazing!

I think I was following your trip on FB, it looks like you all had a great time, the crowds were so love, we loved it! We spent more time eating and drinking this trip! It didn’t help my waistline with the limited walking I was doing, ugh! Andi was awesome about pushing me around but she did get hot and tired! We thought AK with the inclines and different textured pavement was the hardest park to navigate. How nice of you to push your daughter around!

I agree that AK was the hardest. Danielle ended up pushing Michelle up the incline to the tree.

Wow how cool to meet Sam. I was apprehensive about the series on TV, I didn’t want it to ruin my love for the books but I was pleasantly surprised and thought the series was wonderful and Jamie didn’t disappoint how I had him in my mind 😍

I didn't get up close and personal with him but we did see his panel. He's very entertaining. I was worried they would mess the show up too. It's not the same as the book but it's still good. He's a great Jamie. It did take me awhile to get use to Caitriona as Claire.

Before I start this post, I wanted to let you all know my ankle is way better but it still isn’t normal!

Very encouraging news!

Yeah another Disney Trip and during Christmas time!

We haven’t been for Christmas since 2017.

You're going at a great time.

Our first stop was Pandora and we went on FoP, the wait was basically the walk through the queue.

Wow!

Navi river ride was our next ride, this was also a walk on.

More Wow!

The Safari was next and this was a walk on as well!

You're really doing good.

Satuli was nice and quiet and we had an area all to ourselves.

Love eating here but I've never been when it wasn't crowded.

Mickey is hugging me not strangling me:rotfl2: This is on Snapchat
IMG_Oct102021at33443PM.jpg

Cute photo!

This looks really good.

Even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter