Nothing but drama since iOS 5 update

Tuney

Mouseketeer
I currently have a net gear Router. Before upgrading iPad to iOS 5 everything ran seamlessly. Now that I have upgraded the OS, my wifi signal drops frequently. I don't know what to do. I have reset all settings, full factory settings restore, reset router and I'm lost. I took my iPad to McDonald's today and it ran flawlessly...no problems. So I obviously have something going on with the router....but I just don't know what to do.

I currently have a net gear Router. Before upgrading iPad to iOS 5 everything ran seamlessly. Now that I have upgraded the OS, my wifi signal drops frequently. I don't know what to do. I have reset all settings, full factory settings restore, reset router and I'm lost. I took my iPad to McDonald's today and it ran flawlessly...no problems. So I obviously have something going on with the router....but I just don't know what to do.

How old is your router? Have you tried upgrading the firmware?

I had similar issues with my iPad 2 (prior to iOS 5 upgrade) and laptop dropping connection with my old Verizon Fios router. I bought a new N300-based NetGear router and it has been working with no dropping connection since.

I got it to work. I did about four hrs of research. I found that I had to change some security settings. All is well now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter