Not waiting for Disneyland to open, going to WDW in 2021 instead! June 2021 PTR

Hurry up and wait
Not much new on the planning. We were able to find a room discount for the 5th sleeper room. A few more hundred bucks saved. That was nice. Only one of the rooms isn't at a discount, but we have the 2 free days of ticket offer for that reservation. We are good with that.

I have started to think of outfits for each day. I was thinking skirts or dresses, but then remembered there are a couple of rides where that might be awkward (like Flight of Passage). I will see what type of shorts I can find to wear under.
Day 1 - Magic Kingdom - I have a Minnie t-shirt in pink and was planning to wear a skirt with it.
Day 2 - Hollywood Studios - I was going to do Toy Story themed. Need to find a shirt I like. Probably skirt or shorts.
Day 3 - Animal Kingdom - I bought a sleeveless dress with pink elephants on it. I have recently lost 60 pounds and hope to lose 25-30 more by the trip. So I am buying things in what size I hope to be by the trip. I am hoping it fits, but also hoping it is a little roomy.
Day 4 - Epcot - Floral dress because it is the Flower and Garden festival. Bought a dress. Now hoping it fits by then.
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios - Rock N Rollercoaster is my favorite ride. I haven't ridden ROTR yet, so maybe that will become new favorite. For now, it is RNR. I purchased 3 denim skirts. One fits now and one is too small and one hasn't been delivered. I also hope to find an Aerosmith t-shirt to wear.
Day 6 - Magic Kingdom - I bought a cute UP t-shirt and it came in the mail today. I love it. I just need shorts or a skirt to wear with.

Not sure about shoes.

Hurry up and wait
Not much new on the planning. We were able to find a room discount for the 5th sleeper room. A few more hundred bucks saved. That was nice. Only one of the rooms isn't at a discount, but we have the 2 free days of ticket offer for that reservation. We are good with that.

I have started to think of outfits for each day. I was thinking skirts or dresses, but then remembered there are a couple of rides where that might be awkward (like Flight of Passage). I will see what type of shorts I can find to wear under.
Day 1 - Magic Kingdom - I have a Minnie t-shirt in pink and was planning to wear a skirt with it.
Day 2 - Hollywood Studios - I was going to do Toy Story themed. Need to find a shirt I like. Probably skirt or shorts.
Day 3 - Animal Kingdom - I bought a sleeveless dress with pink elephants on it. I have recently lost 60 pounds and hope to lose 25-30 more by the trip. So I am buying things in what size I hope to be by the trip. I am hoping it fits, but also hoping it is a little roomy.
Day 4 - Epcot - Floral dress because it is the Flower and Garden festival. Bought a dress. Now hoping it fits by then.
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios - Rock N Rollercoaster is my favorite ride. I haven't ridden ROTR yet, so maybe that will become new favorite. For now, it is RNR. I purchased 3 denim skirts. One fits now and one is too small and one hasn't been delivered. I also hope to find an Aerosmith t-shirt to wear.
Day 6 - Magic Kingdom - I bought a cute UP t-shirt and it came in the mail today. I love it. I just need shorts or a skirt to wear with.

Not sure about shoes.

I am enjoying your PTR and this part caught my eye. You might try something like this. It's a wicking slip short, designed to be worn under skirts and dresses.

I like to wear Keen sandals in the summer at WDW. They're waterproof and have some toe protection, which is a good thing with crowds and strollers, although those are less of an issue lately with the distancing.

I am enjoying your PTR and this part caught my eye. You might try something like this. It's a wicking slip short, designed to be worn under skirts and dresses.

I like to wear Keen sandals in the summer at WDW. They're waterproof and have some toe protection, which is a good thing with crowds and strollers, although those are less of an issue lately with the distancing.
Thank you for your suggestion. That is what I was thinking. Someone that I watch religiously on Youtube suggested the same things. I have this on the list to purchase, along with Megababe anit-chafing thigh rescue. I tried body glide, but it didn't seem to help.

I bought 3 pairs of shoes a couple of weekends ago. I bought some Sketchers (casual), Sketchers (street shoes) and Bob's (they were just too cute). However, none that I would want to wear when it is pouring down rain. I will look at the Keens. I tried Chaco's but I didn't love them. My son does.

Thank you for your suggestion. That is what I was thinking. Someone that I watch religiously on Youtube suggested the same things. I have this on the list to purchase, along with Megababe anit-chafing thigh rescue. I tried body glide, but it didn't seem to help.

I bought 3 pairs of shoes a couple of weekends ago. I bought some Sketchers (casual), Sketchers (street shoes) and Bob's (they were just too cute). However, none that I would want to wear when it is pouring down rain. I will look at the Keens. I tried Chaco's but I didn't love them. My son does.

Gold Bond makes a product similar to Body Glide. It's cheaper and I've seen it on the shelf at Walmart. I'm not familiar with how it compares to Megababe.

My friend has some Keen hiking sneakers that can get wet too, but I don't know how they'd work with socks. They're on my list to try, but not necessarily for Disney.

Dining?
My booking window is in a month and whenever I look at restaurants I want to book, I just give up thinking about it. Do I want to try to get reservations for all 9 of us? We will probably have to split up. Where do I even want to try? Many of our favorites are closed right now. Are the park hours going to be the same, with MK closing at 6 and AK closing early? If so, we can go to Disney Springs for dinner. Lots I want to try there. Homecomin', Raglan Road (repeat and have done every trip), Wine Bar George, Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar, Boathouse. So many to choose from. Plus, I really want to book Biergarten for our Epcot day. It will be Flower and Garden and we might get full eating at the booths. However, we are going to be there on a weekday, so I am not sure if it will be like the Festival of the Arts with many of the food booths open only on weekends. I still think I will order food for our arrival night. Some platters that can be delivered. I am also thinking maybe walking to Riviera for their quick service or the pool bar. A lot can change in a month, some of our favorites might open again and the park hours should be released. I think the Magic Kingdom days are giving me the hardest time. They have shorter hours, so do I really want to leave the park and try to eat at one of the monorail parks for lunch or just eat in the park? I am not a huge fan of quick service at Magic Kingdom (now that Be Our Guest is signature at lunch too) and if Crystal Palace remains character free, that could be an option. My oldest daughter really likes Plaza. The rest, not so much. the newbies haven't tried it. We have 2 days scheduled at MK. I am really hoping that we can switch one of those days to Epcot, to try Epcot on the weekend (if some of the booths are only open on weekends).

In other news, I have made the final payment on the trip. When I checked on the final payoff amount, my TA informed me she was able to get the 30% off room discount on the last room. :cheer2: I was so excited. She is the best. That took a couple more hundred off the total.

We have ordered 5 of the 8 magic bands. I need to get with the other family and let them choose. I took Jacob shopping and he now has plenty of shorts. Terry still needs shorts. Marissa, I sent her money to buy new clothes. Chelsea, we need to find her lots of UPF 50+ clothes and they are so expensive and they look like 50 year old women are the target population. Not for a teen that tends to lean toward goth and mostly black. We did find her a nice swimsuit (long sleeves) from AXESEA. She has arm sleeves. Trying to talk her into a hat that covers the neck. She needs more clothes that cover her legs. A sun allergy and summer in Florida is not a good look on her. I bought all the kids new shoes last weekend. I have bought 5 pairs of shoes now for myself. I added a pair of crocs. Going to give them a try. I looked at the Keens and the fabric feels so hard. I got blisters before from the fabric rubbing on the top of my feet. There were a couple pairs of Teva's that looked like they might work, but I went with crocs in the end and a pair of Sanuks sandals to wear for a break or if it rains.

I am still on the lookout for an Aerosmith t-shirt. Might have to change what I wear to HS. Besides eBay, not having much luck.

Next on the list is getting all the items I need from Amazon. Moleskin has been particularly difficult to find here, so will have to resort to Amazon. I need portable neck fans, packing cubes from Terry (probably get from eBags), stroller fan, maybe a misting fan. I found the Megababe thigh rescue at Target online. I need to reserve a stroller from Kingdom strollers. My TA made the Magical Express reservations or will soon. I ordered the boyfriend's grandson a Guide to the Magic book. I had ordered one for my daughter when it was her first trip and she insisted that he had one also. She loved that book. His birthday is on Easter. We have gotten him a few Disney shirts. The book. Another small book about Walt Disney World and a Buzz Lightyear at the nearest Disney store that is closing this weekend. We waited about 40 minutes to get in. I am going to miss it. One of the only reasons we made a special trip to that mall in Portland. There is still the outlet store in Woodburn and the one up near Seattle.

Happy Saturday. I need to get dressed and ready for the day and visit the parents. My dad has been having heart issues. My mom is learning to drive again after not driving for 15 years. She was going to try grocery shopping yesterday, but my sister did that for her. I don't think she even knows how to use her debit card. Hopefully, the doctors will get my dad in soon for his angiogram. % off

still think I will order food for our arrival night. Some platters that can be delivered. I am also thinking maybe walking to Riviera for their quick service or the pool bar.
Riveria would be a good option, or is Art of Animation food court open? Someone could hop on the Skyliner to get food from there. We did like the food at Caribean beach quick service. And they have some food options at the bar. Well, actually they used to. It was from Sebastians but I think that is closed. So, I am not sure.

When I checked on the final payoff amount, my TA informed me she was able to get the 30% off room discount on the last room.
Nice!!!

Happy Saturday. I need to get dressed and ready for the day and visit the parents. My dad has been having heart issues. My mom is learning to drive again after not driving for 15 years. She was going to try grocery shopping yesterday, but my sister did that for her. I don't think she even knows how to use her debit card. Hopefully, the doctors will get my dad in soon for his angiogram. % off
I am sorry to hear this! This will be the same issue for DH's parents one day. They moved from CT to NJ and I don't think his mom have had even been behind the wheel since they moved down here.

I am not a huge fan of quick service at Magic Kingdom (now that Be Our Guest is signature at lunch too) and if Crystal Palace remains character free, that could be an option.
MK is tough. The food isn't great to start and seems worse now. Maybe head to DS after the park closes for dinner? And snack during the day? We usually end up at Skipper Canteen but it hasn't been as good as it used to be. Or what about taking the boat over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner after? You could do the outdoor bar there, or Whispering Canyon would be good for a large party.

Plus, I really want to book Biergarten for our Epcot day.
Biergarten should be perfect for a large group!

I would make reservations if you can, even if you aren't sure you keep them. With the size of your group, it will be easier to cancel them once you are there than probably get them. At least that is what I would assume.

Good Luck!

Life and planning a Disney trip collide!
Sorry if I have been missing for awhile now. My dad gave us a scare at the end of March and we have been in recovery mode ever since. He was experiencing chest pain. He had a stress test and was referred to the VA for an angiogram. VA did not take it seriously and would not schedule him. The person that he did the stress test with, doesn't like the hospital I work for, and was refusing to refer him. After a couple of weeks of fighting with them, we got an appointment for the angiogram the next Friday. Unfortunately, the next day (a Friday before his angiogram) he was in more pain and we convinced him to go to the Emergency Department. My sister got to be the visitor that day. They kept him overnight and scheduled the angiogram in the morning. I got to be the visitor for that day. I was with him when they delivered the bad news. First it was going to be a triple bypass. Then they came back and said they looked at the other side of his heart, and that was worse. They rushed him out to do an emergency procedure so that he would have a better chance of surviving the transport to a bigger hospital (which is same system that I work for) and said that he may not make it and that if he did survive until they could do the bypass that it could be a quadruple. I called my sister. I called my aunt, she had a timeshare near the hospital, and she arranged a large suite for us all to stay. My sister and I went to tell my mom and she did not take it well and went into shock. We got her packed and the 3 of us were on the way to meet him at the hospital. Visiting hours ended at 8 pm and we were able to get my mom there in time to see him for an hour. The bypass was scheduled for Wednesday. My mom doesn't deal well, so she rested on Sunday. My sister visited my dad and I filled the suite with food. We got a call early Monday morning saying my dad took a turn for the worse and needed the surgery ASAP and that my mom had to be there. So, I rushed back to the suite and picked her up. I contacted a co-worker and got special permission to be able to sit with her in the waiting room for the 7-8 hours. It was a long day, but after the quadruple bypass, my dad was resting after the surgery. We didn't get to see him. He is now home and passed his 1 month point. My sister and I are taking turns with grocery shopping, pharmacy runs and my sister worked from their home for awhile. There have been tons of appointments between the 2 of them and she handled most of them. I get the out of town ones. It definitely took my focus from Disney for a bit.

I am really happy I decided to go with a travel agent this trip. She was on and off hold with dining for over 4 hours. She got most of everything we wanted. It was difficult with a party of 9.

We got Raglan Road, Homecomin' brunch, Wine Bar George (twice but am hoping something else opens up before we go and we will cancel one night), Ale & Compass, and Hollywood Brown Derby. All are new to us except Raglan Road. We have been to that every single trip and my kids insist on it. We reserved a stroller from Kingdom strollers with an airport pickup. My list of to-dos is getting very small.

Our flights got changed. We get in an hour earlier than planned and leave 9 hours later. This caused a slight panic because I had bought airline tickets early and paid more so I could get seats together. When I checked there were only 7 seats not claimed and none were together. Not sure if they expected the 10 month old to sit with strangers. I called the airline and they were able to get us seats together, so it all worked out and we were able to add the Homecomin' brunch to our wish list. They changed our flights a few days before my dining booking window opened. That was very kind of them.

I have been shopping like crazy getting last minute stuff. I still need to take my youngest daughter shopping. Some of the clothes I bought that I hoped to get into, some are too big and all of the dresses are too small up top and it doesn't seem like I am going to lose anymore up there, so I went with skirts and t-shirts. I have lost a total of 83 pounds. Hoping for 7-10 more by Disney.

I have put in my grocery order. It is being repriced right now. The trip is 43 days away and I am getting excited. I have bought way too much stuff, but I am having fun.

Riveria would be a good option, or is Art of Animation food court open? Someone could hop on the Skyliner to get food from there. We did like the food at Caribean beach quick service. And they have some food options at the bar. Well, actually they used to. It was from Sebastians but I think that is closed. So, I am not sure.

Nice!!!

I am sorry to hear this! This will be the same issue for DH's parents one day. They moved from CT to NJ and I don't think his mom have had even been behind the wheel since they moved down here.

MK is tough. The food isn't great to start and seems worse now. Maybe head to DS after the park closes for dinner? And snack during the day? We usually end up at Skipper Canteen but it hasn't been as good as it used to be. Or what about taking the boat over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner after? You could do the outdoor bar there, or Whispering Canyon would be good for a large party.

Biergarten should be perfect for a large group!

I would make reservations if you can, even if you aren't sure you keep them. With the size of your group, it will be easier to cancel them once you are there than probably get them. At least that is what I would assume.

Good Luck!
Thank you for your suggestions. I am looking forward to trying the Banana Cabana (Pool Bar) at Caribbean Beach. They serve some of the items that Sebastians did. Plus, they came out with a new bread pudding.

My mom has made 2 trips driving so far. It is hard to get her to want to go, but it is getting better.

Dining - we decided to go to Disney Springs for dinner on MK days. Just not interested too much of restaurants at MK and thought about a monorail resort, but decided against it, unless they want to open 'Ohana for us. We skipped having a reservation at Epcot. Too many items at Flower & Garden we want to try, plus there are a few QS that we really enjoy. If Bar Riva decides to make the Monte Cristo again, I will be stopping by there, as well.

Wow - what a loaded post!

I am glad your Dad sounds like he is currently doing well. :hug: It sounds like things worked out well with the timeshare and the timing of things. I'm angry for you regarding the VA and the referral delays. It is good that he didn't ignore the feelings he was having.

It's great you had a TA to deal with the dining, especially given everything you were dealing with. It sounds like you got a nice list of restaurants.

Yay for the extra time at Disney with the flight changes. Are you flying Delta? I've had a total of 4 flight changes so far for my summer trip, and I expect more. They are notorious for changing their schedules, and I get emails from them at all hours of the day with these changes - the last one came at 1:30am and it actually woke me up because for some reason I had taken my phone off vibrate. :headache: I'm glad they got the seat assignments fixed. I don't think my seats have changed; it's like they're just adjusting what time the plane is flying, although sometimes I think they combine two (or three!) under-booked flights.

Great job on the weight loss!
:wish80

Wow - what a loaded post!

I am glad your Dad sounds like he is currently doing well. :hug: It sounds like things worked out well with the timeshare and the timing of things. I'm angry for you regarding the VA and the referral delays. It is good that he didn't ignore the feelings he was having.

It's great you had a TA to deal with the dining, especially given everything you were dealing with. It sounds like you got a nice list of restaurants.

Yay for the extra time at Disney with the flight changes. Are you flying Delta? I've had a total of 4 flight changes so far for my summer trip, and I expect more. They are notorious for changing their schedules, and I get emails from them at all hours of the day with these changes - the last one came at 1:30am and it actually woke me up because for some reason I had taken my phone off vibrate. :headache: I'm glad they got the seat assignments fixed. I don't think my seats have changed; it's like they're just adjusting what time the plane is flying, although sometimes I think they combine two (or three!) under-booked flights.

Great job on the weight loss!
:wish80

My dad is doing great.

We are flying Alaska. I might do American or Delta for the December trip. Still checking on those prices to drop a lot more. Alaska rarely drops prices for Christmas time. I am hoping no more flight changes, but it could still happen.

Less than 30 days!!!!!
I test packed last weekend. I had bought the compression packing cubes and they were amazing. I fit all of my clothes and still had lots of room in my carry-on. I am still planning on taking a checked bag, because it is free since I have Alaska credit card. i am planning on packing most of the things I plan on keeping in my Owner's Locker. Yup, I signed up for one. So, the fans, the ponchos, Disney custom bags will all be staying in Orlando and I will have plenty of room for souvenirs.

I am almost done with my Dizzy Dolphin Delivery order. They are repricing after I added a couple of more things. Always adding.

I did a ton of shopping last weekend for the soon to be 10-month old. So many cute Disney baby clothes!

I am amazed that everything is quickly coming together.

I did drop one of my Wine Bar George reservations for The Wave. I really wanted to eat there for my birthday trip, but with them announcing they are closing for refurbishment in July, I wanted to make sure to eat there in case they change the menu and pricing. I was so excited they had a table for 9 on our MK day.

My daughter dislocated her knee 2 weeks ago. She is still in a knee immobilizer and we are waiting to get the MRI referred/authorized. It seems to be taking forever. With her having POTS and now the knee, we are looking into the DAS. We were already considering the DAS, since she passed out at school a couple of weeks before the knee, so it seems that she is having more issues with it. I guess we should be happy that she went so long without lots of symptoms.

Today is hair day. Last time before trip. Just a cut and color. I need to sign off for now to get to the appointment in time.

I have packing cubes, but compression packing cubes are a thing?! :scared1: Off to Amazon I go...

Yay for getting a Wave reservation for your large party and yay for your trip coming up so soon!

I'm sorry your daughter is having health issues. I would absolutely take advantage of the DAS, given the issues you've mentioned. Hopefully she gets the MRI soon and long-term relief.

My daughter dislocated her knee 2 weeks ago. She is still in a knee immobilizer and we are waiting to get the MRI referred/authorized. It seems to be taking forever. With her having POTS and now the knee, we are looking into the DAS. We were already considering the DAS, since she passed out at school a couple of weeks before the knee, so it seems that she is having more issues with it. I guess we should be happy that she went so long without lots of symptoms.
So sorry to hear about your daughter. Are you considering a scooter? That might help her as well. Even if you do them just in the parks could reduce the amount of walking. ANd then you wouldn't have to worry about it with the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter