Not-So-Scary Halloween Party--Do parents dress up?

Right, DOES THE DRESSING UP ONLY HAPPEN ON HALOWEEN NIGHT? or the week leading up to halloween, sorry just everyone is ignoring my post! lol

Please REPLY

x

Not to sound stupid, but me and my family are going to DW this year, i know that they celebrate it for most of october but is the day that everyone dresses up only on halloween? as we leave Florida on the 27th of October! and will miss the big day! :(

Please Write Back!! x

I understand that people dress up every night of MNSSHP. I will be there with my DS earlier in October and we are working on costumes that will be fun, but still allow us to ride rides and move around freely.

:cool1:

Yes you dress up no matter when you go to MNSSHP! I have attended the past 2 years(early Oct. and late Oct.) and I dressed up both times. This year I will attend on Halloween. My dd is getting married at Sea Breeze Point at noon on Halloween and then all the guests(all adults except 1) will go to MNSSHP that night! We are all planning our costumes - can't wait.

Pooh Bear 92 -

First off, welcome to the Dis!

My family and I are going to WDW in October this year. It will be our first trip in the fall.

Check out the thread on MNSSHP (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party) on the Theme Park Board. In case you don't know what MNSSHP is, here is a brief description: On certain dates in September/October, there will be a special hard ticketed event at the MK. Includes characters in costumes, special parade, dance parties, and of course trick or treating. My understanding is that rides will remain open too. We have dinner reservations for Crystal Palace, and then tickets for one of the party dates. Still don't know what we will dress up as.

I have seen many children dressed up even when it is not Halloween time, just because they wanted to dress like their favorite character. It is Disney after all, why not go and pretend and have fun dressed up.

Have a great trip and use the Dis to get all your questions answered. Lots of friendly folks here, happy to help!

Pam

I went with my 2boys (5 and 3 at the time) my brother and my mom. We all dressed and had so much FUN! Grammy included! There were families dressed as dalmations, some had decorated-t-shirts and others full costumes. My boys had a blast and loved that we were all dressed up and trick or treating together!

DH and I (well over 21!) went last October. We went dressed as Mousekteers: Mickey Mouse Club Shirts, mouse ears, and black shorts. I hadn't been trick-or-treating myself in over 40 years, and all of a sudden I was 9 again. Several of the CM's made us sing the Mickey Mouse Club song before we got our treats. We'd definitely do it again.

Gosh, I'm having a hard enough time finding costumes for my kids that won't kill them with the heat, let along find stuff for us:headache: :rolleyes1 . Ugg, I need ideas:headache:

What about pirate costumes - I have found hats, eye patches and swords at the dollar store. I made shirts out of stiped fabric but you could buy shirts.
Black belt out of fabric and shred an old pair of short at the bottoms.

DDprincess: and I are going to MNSSHP in September...and we are absolutely dressing up. She's going to be a "Funky Fairy"...and I'm going to be a Bawdy Peasant Serving Wench....*with a very bad cockney accent....!!!! And we're both looking forward to it very much...!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm getting very excited now. I think I've talked my husband into dressing up. He's 6-11 and stands out like a sore thumb for his height. I think he's afraid of getting too much attention if he dresses up, but I'm sure if everyone is in costume, it won't be a big deal.

I think he would be perfect in a bellman's costume like at the Tower of Terror. There was this one CM at Tower of Terror that scared the sh*t out of myself and daughter. I swear he was almost 7 feet tall, but he was perfect for that part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!