Not so pleasant cast members on the reservation line today

tink_n_pooh

<font color=darkorchid>my TP isn't going anywhere.
I just got off the phone with WDW reservations, trying to make a room only reservation at a value or mod for one night. I realize my request was not very exciting nor was it the ideal reservation that WDW is trying to get but it was a reservation none the less. The first cast member that I got on the line spent more time trying to convince me not to book a room like I wanted and telling me how she hated when people call in for requests like this. And why the interrogation into why I wanted to book a room?

After her questioning I explained to the woman that we are DVC members and we have a week booked in a one bedroom at SSR (which she already saw on her screen). The very first night of our vacation is not available and I was interested in booking that one night at a different resort. She then proceeds to tell me how I should relax on my vacation and not switch resorts to which I responded that I appreciate her concern but we have done many split stays and really don't mind. She continues to tell me how she hates when people book vacations that way because it really can't be relaxing. :confused3 I thought her job was to book vacations, not to tell us how much she hates they way we want to vacation :worried:

She then keeps talking and says that her computer isn't working right and she is going to send me back to the queue so someone else can help me. Normally I wouldn't want to wait on hold again but after dealing with her I was kind of excited that someone else would be taking over the call. She puts me on hold and another woman comes on who already knows the conversation that I just had with the last woman. She finds me several available rooms (not what I was looking for but it is short notice) and I ask her if those prices are with the AP discount, she says no and starts to get snippy because she didn't know that I had that. We start over and she offers me a honeymoon suite (to the tune of $500+ a night), no thanks, just looking for a value or maybe a moderate like I said earlier. At this point I was just frustrated with the lack of Disney customer service as I have always known before, I thanked her for her time and said we would just book something off site. I didn't even get transferred to the post call survey :rolleyes1

What happened to the wonderful customer service I have always experienced before with WDW?

I hate when I get a cm that is miserable:furious: I always end up calling back to try to get someone else. After all, how many times do you get to call and book Disney? I hope you get a 'magical' experience next time you call!! pixiedust:

I would have been asked to be transferred to a manager right then. It looks like those CM's need to be retrained.

I briefly considered asking to speak with someone else or just telling her I had to go and hang up so I could call back again. I probably should have made her manager aware

I'm surprised the call didn't go to the survey. I didn't think the CM had any way to block it. Too bad you didn't get the names, then you could have e mailed guest relations.
I do think the CMs have been pushed to the breaking point with all the web site glitches. But it's no reason to be rude to someone.

Yikes!! That is awful n i cant imagine its the first time this situation has come up. Good luck ;)

If you call back and speak to a supervisor, there will be information on your record about who took those two 'delightful' calls.

The supervisor can take it from there.

Are they working on commission now? Why be so aggressive to push the OP into a more expansive room? I have had many times where a call did not go to the survey. They have some way they can do it.

It's interesting that they are apparently pushing DVC members to switch to package reservations. According to the OP the phone agent knew full well that the caller was a DVC member who had a DVC reservation.

telling me how she hated when people call in for requests like this.

Whether she hates it or not, that is not her business and a manager should be informed. I think I read they get a commission which is probably greater on multi-day packages than it is on one-night room only stays. Shouldn't matter. I booked a one night for before a cruise and didn't get any of this from the phone agent.

OP, I can see why you would be disgusted! I called yesterday to book just 3 days, room-only, for the second part of a split stay. The CM I spoke with was great--she acknowledged that her computer was very slow, but chatted with me while we waited. I'm not usually that lucky with customer service!:lmao:

Ridiculous. I had a very long drawn out call today because they system was acting up. I didn't have the friendliest cast member but she was polite and did her job. That should be a given.
Sorry you had to deal with that:worried:

So to hear! I've always gotten a super nice CM. But the guy last year annoyed me because he put the reservation in my Dh name even it was me booking. That had never happened before. e have different last names so it was annoying because we were uses to everything Disney being in my name. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter