Not Happy with Disney World Mailorder

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
I placed an order with them 2 weeks ago. I wanted it shipped to my work address, but they also needed my home address for "billing" purposes (used a credit card). I also gave them both my work and cell phone numbers. I called back about a week later to get the UPS tracking number and was told it was scheduled for delivery for yesterday. After waiting anxiously all day yesterday, I checked the UPS online system to see the status and it showed city/town did not match address. Called Disney Merchandise and was told that it was addressed to my work address. Called UPS again and was told I had to wait until after 7pm last night to see what address was actually placed on the package by Disney. Called this morning and found out that Disney put my work street address with my home city, state & zip code. Well no wonder they could not find it!! Also, Disney did not put a contact phone number on the package or in the system, so unless I contacted them directly, it would have gotten sent back to Disney. Now, instead of being delivered yesterday, it won't get here until Monday.

I am not happy with Disney Merchandise right now and am waiting for them to open to call and inform them of their mistake. For the amount of money it is costing for shipping, and the fact that they addressed it incorrectly, would it be wrong to ask for a refund for the shipping costs?

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
So I called back this morning and explained what had happened. The CM sent me to another CM (I believe a supervisor) and explained to her what had happened. She apologized and said she would FedEx me the items today for Saturday delivery at no cost to me. She was extremely nice and said that she would address the matter, so that it would not happen again with another guest.

keriannhoward

Mouseketeer
I"m really glad it worked out so well in the end! I was impressed by Disney's mail order when I bought 2 keychains a couple of weeks ago with my DS picture engraved in the middle. They said it would take 6-8 weeks to get here, we got them yesterday, not a full 2 weeks after we ordered them.

Btw, love the view from 5032, I'm considering upgrading and requesting that room for September!

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
I odered from them about 2 weeks ago. I was a little shocked at the cost of shipping! My 14.00 item ended up costing me 22.00. It was my own fault, as I had a box shipped from the AKL gift shop the last day of our trip, and I couldn't decide on an item - then of course I wanted it once I got home!

Anyway - don't have it yet but CM told me it could be a full 16 days, excluding weekends.

Glad you were satisfied with the outcome Terk-1.

EsmeraldaX

DIS Veteran
To tell the truth, I would fault UPS more than I would fault Disney Merchandise.

I work in a claims dept. and my primary job is obtaining proof of deliveries and confirmations from shippers like UPS. 9 times out of ten, the mess up is on the UPS (or FED EX, CON WAY, YELLOW etc.) side.

There have been so many times when UPS has returned packages to my companies warehouse saying the address doesn't match, when in fact, it matched perfectly on our end.

Something you might be able to do in the future is contact your local UPS office directly and confirm address with them.

Good luck!

cujochurch

DIS Veteran
Sorry to hear you had a problem. I have ordered from them numerous times. Well truthfully my DH has ordered christmas presents for me. I usually things people are selling on ebay (at tremendous mark ups). I send WDW an email describing the item and ask for price and item numbers. When we are ready to order we call them up with the item numbers. They have been really helpful in hunting down things I am interested in.

I agree the shipping is high if you just want a few items. We don't even bother placing an order under $25. FYI here is the shipping fees:

$0. - $24.99 = $8.95 Ground (10-20) Business Days
= $18.95 FedEx (4-7) Business Days
= $22.95 FedEx (3-5) Business Days

$25 - $99.99 = $10.95 Ground (10-20) Business Days
= $20.95 FedEx (4-7) Business Days
= $24.95 FedEx (3-5) Business Days

$100.00 plus = $15.95 Ground (10-20) Business Days
= $25.95 FedEx (4-7) Business Days
= $29.95 FedEx (3-5) Business Days

Alice28

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki
I just rec'd my WDW mail order item- it ws under two weeks.

The only thing I was unhappy with was the shipping charge. $8.95 to ship a CD. Ouch. But I really, really wanted it, so it was worth it.

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
How frustrating for you. Hope you get your package soon.

DISNEY DINING PROMO CARD OFFER!

The Disney Dining Promo Card is a great way for you to “Stay, Play, and Dine” at Walt Disney World this summer. This offer is available for arrivals from June 25 to September 14, 2023.

Click Here for a No-Obligation Quote!