Not getting off at Nassau

lmnholds

Mouseketeer
We are considering staying on the ship(Wonder) instead of going to Nassau. We have 2 kids ages 6 and 3. Will the camp be open for them and will there be anything to do on board?
Thanks,
Lynn

Yes and yes. It is a great time to enjoy the ship's offerings minus the crowds. :fish:

Thanks. That's what I thought. I have zero desire to go there. I'd prefer the pool/camp anyday!
Lynn

We were in a big group and took turns getting off the ship to shop for about and hour and a half. The kids were HAPPY in the clubs. Plenty to do.

We enjoyed our time on the non-crowded ship.

LUNCH on these days in the sit-down restaurant is great. (Especially Triton's)

Enjoy!

I second that emotion. Nassau was not a big deal. Now, we did not have any excursions booked mind you, but just walking around DH and I were done in about an hour and didn't think it was any big deal.

The ship is uncrowded (although the Mickey pool looked full). We had a late-afternoon glass-bottom boat excursion, but for the most part, we just chilled on the ship. Especially on the three-day, it may be the only time you really have to explore the ship. Thursday's a mad-house, Saturday you're on the beach, and Sunday they throw you off before the sun comes up. :confused3

Stay on the ship! You will enjoy it far more than Nassau. Our kids were 4 and 6 on our DCL cruise. DH and I had been to Nassau, and we knew wouldn't enjoy it as a family. The pool was practically empty. Our kids received lots of attention in the kids' club.

Have you ever been to Nassua? I think parts of it are charming....the Queen's Staircase, Paradise Beach.

I have decided to stay on the ship for two reasons:

1. We are taking a shorter cruise than originally booked and I want to take full advantage of the ship having less passengers.

2. We are sailing the week after Easter and the Atlantis is FULL. I can't imagine the crowds in Nassau even before the cruise ships arrive!

DS will do the camp OR go to the pool with me, whichever he chooses. I'm also getting a pedicure and a manicure done that day! :banana:

My DD (9 1/2 at the time last November) loved staying in the club during the day in Nassau. The kids went into the ALOFT (Teen area) which was a real treat for them. I think they ate lunch that day in Animators Palate. She also enjoyed the tour of the Bridge.

Briege :banana:

hmmm, I will be the dissenting voice here because of our experience.... We were on the 3 night cruise and decided not to get off at Nassau for the many reasons already posted. We did have fun, BUT the problem came when we couldn't dock at CC. I know it doesn't always happen. But it was a big bummer not getting off the ship once during the cruise. Even if you get off for a little while I think it would be great to see some of Nassau. Boy do I wish we had gotten of for a little bit....

We got off in Nassau for a short time. I doubt I would do it again. DD was scared by the locals at the straw market and on the streets. We did take a cab over to Atlantis just to have a little look. It was nice to see, but you only get so far not being a guest there. We didn't have any excursions booked. Next time we will stay on the ship since there is soooo much to explore and do. JMHO :goodvibes

SomePixiedust said:
We got off in Nassau for a short time. I doubt I would do it again. DD was scared by the locals at the straw market and on the streets. We did take a cab over to Atlantis just to have a little look. It was nice to see, but you only get so far not being a guest there. We didn't have any excursions booked. Next time we will stay on the ship since there is soooo much to explore and do. JMHO :goodvibes

We did too, we did the Historic Tour of Nassau, then walked around the markets and shops, ate at SENOR FROGS and back to the ship. :teeth:

HOW MUCH WAS THE CAB FARE TO ATLANTIS? I am wishing we went over there and looked at the Hotel. It looks so beautiful in pictures. :teeth:

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact number but it wasn't very much...maybe $5 or 6 one way, and yes it was beautiful. DD especially liked the aquarium in the lobby.

We went to the Atlantis in March when we were on board. It cost $4 a person for the taxi,one way. We rented a room at the Comfort Suite so we could use the pool facilities. I think however we could have used the beach at Atlantis for free. I think it is a public beach and absolutely beautiful.

I'm in the minority,but we didn't get off the ship in Nassau and I regretted it. The stores are all closed while in port, and nothing is going on in the kids clubs (although they are open). They assume everyone is getting off and don't schedule much during that time. We were bored and wished we had scheduled an excursion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter