"Norway? More like No Way!" Goobers' Jan 12 TR! Up.x2 4/6: FINAL THOUGHTS!

danimaroo

DIS Veteran
Welcome, my friends, to what may be one of the more amusing TRs you've read in recent times - or at least, I hope it is!

It may or may not involve the following:

• Pretty hilarious one-liners (like that gem in the title) from my partner-in-crime for this trip (who you'll meet in just a moment)
    • Getting stuck on multiple attractions (Did we even have to be evacuated? You'll have to read and find out!)
    • Ridiculously amazing amounts of pixie dust being chucked at us left and right
    • Hobo ducks
If you're joining me after following along with my PTR, thanks for being such a loyal reader and friend and joining me here! It means the world to me that you've decided I'm interesting enough to continue on this ride with me... No seriously, I'm glad knowing people are actually reading this! :laughing:

And if you're just joining? Uh, why weren't you following along with my PTR? Yeesh... Just kidding, I know PTRs can be kind of boring since it's just a bunch of planning, so it's all good if you're only here for the good stuff. (Though if you're wanting to read my PTR, you can go here and sift through my ramblings!)

That being said, I'd like to extend a huge WELCOME to you and I hope you comment just to say you're following along, even if that's your only comment this whole TR (I'm kind of notorious for doing this myself :rolleyes1). Don't feel like you can't just pop in and say hello because you feel like an awkward turtle or something, because I've gotta tell you (and I have a DISer or two who can hopefully back me up on this), I'm a pretty friendly gal who enjoys sharing a serious love for Disney with anyone and everyone who is up for it! So please, comment away, even if you join this TR in the middle or towards the end! :goodvibes

So, with that out of the way, I just want to warn you now... I'm a ridiculously goofy person (and yes, consider myself a goober), I love parentheses, I sometimes ramble, and I took 1500 photos on our trip :scared1:...

I hope you're ready to enjoy the crap out of my TR, which will be full of magic and happiness and smiles, more than anything else... You are in for quite an epic trip with two of the coolest people you'll ever meet. Which leads me to...

WHO!
(If you read my PTR, you can skip this, or you can just re-read it and get a little refresher as to who the two dorks featured in this TR are...)

efeef8a3-1.jpg
97c2e762-1.jpg

That's me, Danielle, or Dani for short (my husband calls me this). I'm a huge fan of Disney World, instagram (my name is dmags, you should follow me on there!), photography, the TV show LOST, video games, board games (I'm addicted to Ticket to Ride, no lie), and my dogs. I work in the financial industry, even though I was an English major, buuuut thankfully it's in marketing so it's not so awful. :laughing:

Like I mentioned, I'm a total goober, goofball, and more than anything else, I love laughing and being happy. I have a ridiculous sense of humor and always have (yes, I was voted Class Clown in high school), and really enjoy making other people happy!

My favorites:
Disney movie: Tangled
Pixar movie: Wall-E (Up is a VERY close second)
Disney character: Tie for Eeyore and Pluto
Disney World attraction: Expedition Everest, with Splash Mountain a very close second
Disney World snack: Well, you'll just have to wait and find out in my TR!
Disney World restaurant: Via Napoli
Disney World park: Magic Kingdom

31e01a4a-1.jpg
0a4a91ff-1.jpg

That guy? That's Matt, and he's my awesomely awesome husband. We met almost 9 years ago when he went to school in Boston, and we've been married for just over a year. Matt works as an analyst for a top 50 web company, and enjoys Disney World a whole lot! He's been there 23 times now, and is the reason I'm super into Disney World as much as I am. He loves video games, board games, reading, movies, playing the banjo (yeah, my husband rules), and loves Christmas as much as I do (perhaps even more fanatical about it than me?!)

Matt is the kindest person I know and has a heart of gold. I feel beyond lucky that we found each other, because he is literally my other half and my best friend in the whole world. Okay, schmoopiness aside, he really is a wonderful person, a bit more introverted than I am, but where we are different, we balance each other very well. :cloud9:

His favorites:
Disney movie: Lilo and Stitch, Tangled, Brother Bear or Hunchback of Notre Dame (He has a lot! :rotfl:)
Pixar movie: Ratatouille
Disney character: Stitch, Pooh, Donald and Chip and Dale
Disney World attraction: Haunted Mansion
Disney World snack: Tied between Churro and School Bread
Disney World restaurant: Raglan Road, with Via Napoli and Whispering Canyon Cafe a close second
Disney World park: Epcot, with Magic Kingdom a very very close second

Okay, intros are done. Phew! I'm hoping for a Chapter One update either this evening or tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see because I need to begin the organization of my photos!

And on that note...

:yay: LET THE WILD RUMPUS START! :yay:

Last edited:

DAY ONE
January 18th, 2012

Chapter One: SNOWMAGEDDON? Get me to Beach Club, now!
Chapter Two: Um, do I hear "Man or Muppet" right now?
Chapter Two: Um, do I hear "Man or Muppet" right now? CONTINUED
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43904628&postcount=19
Chapter Three: Oh that Beach Club smell... "Mickey ears make everything better!"
Chapter Four: Okay, you're allowed to shake your head at me.
Chapter Five: Okay, we really are finally here!
Chapter Five: Okay, we really are finally here! CONTINUED
Chapter Six: Dead Men Tell No Tales... and the Infamous (first) Splash Mountain Incident
Chapter Seven: "Wait, are you pointing at ME?!"

DAY TWO
January 19th, 2012

Chapter Eight: Um, is that Mickey Mouse being attacked?
Chapter Eight: Um, is that Mickey Mouse being attacked? CONTINUED
Chapter Nine: "Beverly was a bad choice."
Chapter Nine: "Beverly was a bad choice." CONTINUED
Chapter Ten: Floatin' along in a lazy river and uhh, an explanation of my fear of ToT
Chapter Eleven: Um, did we just step into the Overlook Hotel: My first experience on Tower of Terror.

DAY THREE
January 20th, 2012

Chapter Twelve: Uh oh, we've got a case of the grumps over here...
Chapter Twelve: Uh oh, we've got a case of the grumps over here... CONTINUED
Chapter Thirteen: "I NEVER want to hear Brer Bear get stung by bees ever again!": Getting stuck on Splash Mountain

DAY FOUR
January 21st, 2012

Chapter Fourteen: "Look, it says LOVE! Oh, wait, nevermind."
Chapter Fifteen: And then, it was in that moment, my sandwich sang to me
Chapter Sixteen: A brilliant idea is born...
Chapter Sixteen: A brilliant idea is born... CONTINUED
Chapter Seventeen: No, I'm not going to sing to my wife in front of all of these people

DAY FIVE
January 22nd, 2012

Chapter Eighteen: Let the Disney World Gauntlet BEGIN!
Chapter Nineteen: A little hootie hoo, some cookies, and an epic TSMM battle...
Chapter Twenty: "Okay yeah, you need to buy that t-shirt right now."
Chapter Twenty-One: "REALLY? You just made my DAY! Come get a photo with me!"
Chapter Twenty-One: "REALLY? You just made my DAY! Come get a photo with me!" CONTINUED
Chapter Twenty-Two: "OH MY GOD TRUFFLE OIL"... and a DISmeet!

DAY SIX
January 23rd, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Three: "YOU ARE LUCKY NUMBER OOOONE!!"
Chapter Twenty-Four: "Ooooh, that was a very good model pose... I like your Blue Steel!"
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Tour of the Woooorld...
Chapter Twenty-Six: "MATT! Why did you sticker me?!"
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Hello Old Key West.. aaaand goodbye Old Key West!

DAY SEVEN
January 24th, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Eight: "So help me God.. If one more AK bus comes..."
Chapter Twenty-Eight: "So help me God.. If one more AK bus comes..." CONTINUED
Chapter Twenty-Nine: "Classically.. Trained... THAT'S FUNNY! I LOVE YOUR SHIRT!"
Chapter Thirty: "Mr. Bird, you do not want to eat that. That would be a form of cannibalism!"
Chapter Thirty-One: The attack of the hobo ducks!!
Chapter Thirty-Two: "Holy cow, we went on how many attractions?!"
Chapter Thirty-Two: "Holy cow, we went on how many attractions?!" CONTINUED

DAY EIGHT
January 25th, 2012

Chapter Thirty-Three: "OMG WHAT ARE THOSE DUCKS DOING?!"
Chapter Thirty-Four:"That cupcake is AMAHZING!" and "Oh my God why is that photo so horrible?!"
Chapter Thirty-Four:"That cupcake is AMAHZING!" and "Oh my God why is that photo so horrible?!" CONTINUED

DAY NINE
January 26th, 2012

Chapter Thirty-Five: "Help me Star Tours, you're my only hope."

Chapter Thirty-Six: The best bread pudding you will ever eat in your LIFE
Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Okay, I hope I don't get stuck in this cave."
Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Okay, I hope I don't get stuck in this cave." CONTINUED

DAY TEN
January 27th, 2012

Chapter Thirty-Eight: "Um, will you guys be our Disney tour guides?!"
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The BEST/funniest attraction photo of our trip
*****INTERMISSION! PhotoPass photos!*****
Chapter Forty: Beaches and Cream and a little ice cream!
Chapter Fourty-One: "ARE YOU DANI?!"
*****AWESOMELY AWESOME NEWS!*****

DAY ELEVEN
January 28th, 2012

Chapter Fourty-Two: The beginning of the end
Chapter Fourty-Three: "GOD BLESS THE USAAAAAAAAAAAA!"
Chapter Fourty-Four: See ya real soon...
Chapter Fourty-Four: See ya real soon... CONTINUED

TRIP WRAP-UP!

Chapter Fourty-Five: Everything must come to an end...
Souvenirs!
Final thoughts
Final thoughts CONTINUED

joining! wondering if we overlapped any days. :) and if you got stuck on potc w my inlaws.

I love your balloon and castle shirt!

Yay!!! You started!!! I followed your PTR and am ready to read about your trip. Two things let me know that we are long lost friends .... for realz. First is that I love Lost, too and I am still beyond depressed that the show is over. Thank goodness for Netflix where I can get my Kate, Jack and Sawyer fix whenever I need it. Second is that my Dad plays the banjo too ( not the same as your DH, but still, there's a connection) and I love bluegrass music. So I just know if you didn't live over 3000 miles away, we would be fast friends. Can't wait to read about your trip !!!

HI Danielle,
Just found your TR and I made it to page 1 - yeah!
Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
I'm mostly a lurker, but i'll try to say hi every now and then - LOL

Are you and your DH from Boston originally?
EDIT - Just started your PTR and I got the answer!
I'm North of Boston...the other side of the planet from you guys South of Boston!

Yay! I'm here!
I cannot wait to read all the details of your week. I love the castle shirt and of course Matt's Ducktales shirt that are in your intro pics. :) I'm still mad they didn't make those shirts he got in women's. :( I am so pumped to read this ridiculously awesome TR!!

Yay! Great start!

Yay thanks for hopping on over here to my TR. So excited that I've started it! :goodvibes

joining! wondering if we overlapped any days. :) and if you got stuck on potc w my inlaws.

I love your balloon and castle shirt!

Maybe! We were there from the 18th-29th. :) And we'll have to see what the heck we got stuck on. :laughing:

And thank you! I love that shirt so much. Basically Up + Cinderella Castle + balloons = LOVE. :lovestruc

Yay!!! You started!!! I followed your PTR and am ready to read about your trip. Two things let me know that we are long lost friends .... for realz. First is that I love Lost, too and I am still beyond depressed that the show is over. Thank goodness for Netflix where I can get my Kate, Jack and Sawyer fix whenever I need it. Second is that my Dad plays the banjo too ( not the same as your DH, but still, there's a connection) and I love bluegrass music. So I just know if you didn't live over 3000 miles away, we would be fast friends. Can't wait to read about your trip !!!

I know! I'm excited but also overwhelmed with how MUCH I have to share with everyone! 11 jam-packed days is a lot of reportin'!

YES FOR ANOTHER LOST FAN! I mentioned LOST because it actually comes into play later in my TR (ooooh foreshadowing!), plus I'm just that obsessed with it. I have the complete collection on blu-ray (worth every penny!), and am hoping to re-watch the whole series again at some point.

Second, yay for the banjo! Matt should play it more often, because when he actually sits down and practices, he's pretty good!

I agree; think we would be fast friends. :goodvibes

Thanks again for commenting and following along! :)

HI Danielle,
Just found your TR and I made it to page 1 - yeah!
Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
I'm mostly a lurker, but i'll try to say hi every now and then - LOL

Are you and your DH from Boston originally?
EDIT - Just started your PTR and I got the answer!
I'm North of Boston...the other side of the planet from you guys South of Boston!

YAY! Thank you so much for coming out of lurkdom and commenting! No worries, comment whenever you feel like it. No pressure for me, I'm just glad to know you're reading along. :goodvibes

And North Shore, huh? I'm a South Shore kid at heart. :laughing: My family grew up in Dorchester, so I've got a little Southie pride in me, too!

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

YAY! I need to catch up on your TR now that I'm home! :goodvibes Thanks for reading along, after I'm done with this update I'll hop on over to yours!

Yay! I'm here!
I cannot wait to read all the details of your week. I love the castle shirt and of course Matt's Ducktales shirt that are in your intro pics. :) I'm still mad they didn't make those shirts he got in women's. :( I am so pumped to read this ridiculously awesome TR!!

YESSS so excited you're here, obviously. :goodvibes I am really happy I got that castle shirt! I almost didn't and Matt insisted I needed it. I'm not sure why I almost didn't, I must've just not been thinking... And oh gosh, wait til you hear the funny stories about Matt's shirt! It is too bad that they didn't carry it in women's, because I know you would've bought it in a heartbeat!

So glad you're here, my BFF around these parts!! :hug:

Chapter One: SNOWMAGEDDON? Get me to Beach Club, now!​

So, this lovely TR starts on January 16th, 2 days before we were supposed to actually leave for Disney World... Apologies for the serious lack of photos in the beginning of this chapter, but you'll be getting attacked by a ton of them pretty soon, so don't fret too much. :rotfl:

Anyway, Monday the 16th, Matt and I started to get a little freaked out because the news and everyone and their Mom was saying that Wednesday, the 18th, was going to be a complete Snowmageddon event in Seattle, and it was basically going to eat everyone's children and animals, and no one was going to be able to do anything with themselves and the world as we know it was ending in Seattle... You get the picture.

So what did I do? I cried. I cried because I'd planned and planned and counted down the minutes to this vacation, and now it was suddenly in jeopardy. We weren't sure how we'd get to the airport, let alone whether or not our flight would actually even leave at all, but we tried to stay cool thinking that maybe the reports would be wrong.

Monday night, the 16th, the reports were saying it could be up to 15 inches. :scared1: Seattle does not like snow... at all. 15 inches would mean a complete shut down of the city, and then some. Matt and I talked it over in bed, trying to figure out our best options.

I suddenly brought up what we ended up calling a "Hail Mary" pass type of plan. If our friends who were dog/house-sitting for us while we were gone could come over a day early, DVC had an open room for one night ANYWHERE, we could get the okay from both of our bosses for an extra day off, AND we could change our flight reservation, we could potentially leave a day early and avoid the incoming Snowmageddon.

We both agreed that it'd be nice, but it probably won't work out because so many little pieces have to come together.

Tuesday the 17th, first thing Matt did was asked our friend Bruce if they could possibly come over a day early for the dogs. Bruce says this is no problem. I do a little dance, but we still have to get through DVC, dealing with work, and changing our flight. Matt calls DVC and it turns out that we can simply extend our stay to 11 days, and we won't even have to change rooms/resorts. :yay: Talk about pretty awesome luck!

After I hear this, I turned to my manager and asked if it'd be okay to take Wednesday off as well, and she was totally fine with it. Um, pretty sure that at that point I was trying to figure out if this was all really happening. :eek:

Final step... I called Alaska Airlines and made the decision to give up first class (it was completely booked for the new flight) and I booked us on the red-eye flight to Orlando for THAT night! Holy canoli, my poor countdown was a bust at this point.

Not only were we going to make it to Disney World and avoid the child-eating Snowmageddon, but we were going to be there for an extra 11th day, starting an entire day early!

We rushed home after work in a frenzy, realizing that we were going to need to pack up everything we had left for the last second, and also to ensure that we'd be able to snuggle our dogs for a bit before we were to leave.

Okay, it's never easy to leave your little buddies at home. But when you're suddenly leaving a day earlier than expected, it's way more difficult and sad to leave them. :sad1:

We said our goodbyes to our furry friends, and loaded up in our friends' car, and off to Sea-Tac we went!

After saying our goodbyes to our friends, we made our way to the security line, and we were both remarkably giddy that we were finally going to Disney World!

d8fdb9a2.jpg

Getting through security was a breeze, so we decided to grab some dinner in the big ol' food court area. Neither of us had had Wendy's in like, forever, so we decided to grab some dinner there and relax before our long flight.

b8977290.jpg

dd1c82c5.jpg

Obviously, we checked ourselves in at Sea-Tac airport on Facebook, to let our friends know that we would be on our way quite soon!

3213e47b.jpg

After we finished eating, we made our way to a Hudson News for some magazines for the flight... I got a People, Matt got some video game magazine. Sweet choices, and I'm pretty sure I didn't even end up reading that magazine. Can you blame me? I was too busy being excited! :laughing:

4c3f7881.jpg

We then had about 2 hours to spare before our flight. Yes, we are those people who get to the airport ridiculously early, just in case we run into long lines or whatever. So what did I do with my time? Took ridiculously dumb photos of course!

195aca2d.jpg

Okay, this is part of some SUPER creepy mural at the airport and I thought this person just looked like such a weirdo! So obviously I took a photo of it.

a1ff5bb9.jpg

Yeah, I like making really dumb faces sometimes... And then I'll ask Matt, "Matt, would you have dated me if I looked like this?" It's a fun game, you should try it out sometime.

Anyway, I also did some people-watching, in which I saw the cutest little 2 or 3 year old girl in a full-on Buzz Lightyear outfit. :lovestruc It was seriously amazing. Her and her Mom were obviously making their way to Disney World. I wish I'd gotten a photo of her.

Some guy asked the mom, "Oh, is that her older brother's outfit?" and the Mom replied, "No, it's all her. She really loves Buzz Lightyear!" How cute is that?! It makes me happy when I see little girls who are into things other than the princesses (not that it's a bad thing, I was just more into Mickey and the gang when I was a little kid than I was into Barbie or princess stuff).

I snuck a photo in of Matt on his Macbook and had him take one of me before we boarded our flight.
ab8ca6e2.jpg

If you couldn't tell, I'm really pumped to be going to Disney World!
04d98c4b.jpg

Our flight was relatively uneventful, and I even caught a little sleep on the plane! We also watched the movie Moneyball, which we both LOVED when we saw it in theaters. It's such a good movie and is something I could watch over and over again. Both Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill are absolutely amazing in it.

We arrived in Orlando around 6:47am... and this was it. Our vacation was finally beginning!

LOL I play that "if I looked like this would you still date me" game with my DH too! lol

I'm glad you were able to get out of there a day early! Everything fell in place so you know this trip was meant to be!

AWESOME! Glad you've joined in on my TR. I think it'll be a good one. :goodvibes

LOL I play that "if I looked like this would you still date me" game with my DH too! lol

I'm glad you were able to get out of there a day early! Everything fell in place so you know this trip was meant to be!

Haha, Matt and I do it ALL the time to each other. We make these horrifying faces and then ask each other if when we'd first met, would we have dated each other? :rotfl:

I was so happy, too, because as we found out the next day, we more than likely wouldn't have made it to the airport for our flight. Seattle was hit really hard by snow, then ice, then windstorm while we were gone. :scared1: I'll show you what we came home to at the end of my TR, it's not a pretty sight. :sad2:

bahahahah....I play the "would you have dated me if I looked (talked, laughed..etc.) like this game" ALLLLL THE TIME! :rotfl2:

:woohoo: FOR YOU STARTING YOUR TR! I am personally SUPER excited to hear all about your trip!

YESSS so excited you're here, obviously. :goodvibes I am really happy I got that castle shirt! I almost didn't and Matt insisted I needed it. I'm not sure why I almost didn't, I must've just not been thinking... And oh gosh, wait til you hear the funny stories about Matt's shirt! It is too bad that they didn't carry it in women's, because I know you would've bought it in a heartbeat!

So glad you're here, my BFF around these parts!! :hug:
I'm glad Matt decided you needed it because you would've regretted it! I can't wait to hear about Matt's shirt, and yes I would've. :)

:goodvibes :hug: Dis BFFs

I am SO glad you guys we able to escape the snow! I was going to be so sad if you didn't get to go so I was very happy when I logged on and saw that you had gotten the earlier flight.

Wendy's is yummy, good choice.

I'm pretty sure every time I fly I bring magazines that I don't end up reading. It's become a real problem. That picture of the mural is really creepy. Why would they do that?
I love playing the would you have dated me game with Andy!
Little girl in a Buzz outfit?! So cute :goodvibes I loved that Riley was mainly obsessed with Toy Story characters and Chip and Dale while we were down there. We had a really good Belle in her blue dress at HS one day and she loved her too. Oh yeah, and she got that Rapunzel doll... I guess we had a good balance of Princesses vs. Other characters.

I want to see Moneyball!

Okay sorry for all the bad grammar I probably used including run-ons and fragments. That's just how TRs go! :)

bahahahah....I play the "would you have dated me if I looked (talked, laughed..etc.) like this game" ALLLLL THE TIME! :rotfl2:

:woohoo: FOR YOU STARTING YOUR TR! I am personally SUPER excited to hear all about your trip!

HAHA YES! I love when I hear that other couples totally play this. I'll either like super mess up my hear, make the ugliest face possible, laugh in the most horrid way, etc. It's one of the funniest games to play!

I am super excited for it to! I just finished my next installment, which had to be broken into 2 posts because of a ridiculous amoutn of photos.. and that's just our Magical Express experience. :rotfl: I took so many photos, but seriously like, the whole process is special and worth talking about, so I couldn't help it!

I'm glad Matt decided you needed it because you would've regretted it! I can't wait to hear about Matt's shirt, and yes I would've. :)

:goodvibes :hug: Dis BFFs

I know, I definitely would've regretted it! So glad I bought it, it's one of my favorite t-shirts ever. :lovestruc And yes, the story with Matt's shirt is pretty hilarious!

Again, so glad we became friends on here! :goodvibes

I am SO glad you guys we able to escape the snow! I was going to be so sad if you didn't get to go so I was very happy when I logged on and saw that you had gotten the earlier flight.

Wendy's is yummy, good choice.

Ugh me too. It was the worst feeling not knowing if you'd even make it for a trip that you've been so excited for. I'm just so happy it all worked out and we made it there!

And yes, Wendy's was good. I hadn't had it in FOREVER but it was pretty darn delicious.

I'm pretty sure every time I fly I bring magazines that I don't end up reading. It's become a real problem. That picture of the mural is really creepy. Why would they do that?

Haha, seriously, I am the worst with it! I always get one and never read it. I think we have it at home now, so maybe I'll read it now! :laughing: AND THANK YOU. I was kind of terrified of that mural, I just don't understand it. Matt said it's been there for like a ton of years, soooo yeah, not sure about it, but it was weird.
I love playing the would you have dated me game with Andy!
Little girl in a Buzz outfit?! So cute :goodvibes I loved that Riley was mainly obsessed with Toy Story characters and Chip and Dale while we were down there. We had a really good Belle in her blue dress at HS one day and she loved her too. Oh yeah, and she got that Rapunzel doll... I guess we had a good balance of Princesses vs. Other characters.

Hahaha, I love that everyone plays that game! It makes me happy. It's pretty much a guaranteed laugh-fest between you and your significant other.

The little girl was so darn cute. I just wanted to be friends with her. I'm glad Riley had a good mix! She is seriously SO cute. I loved how she held onto her Lady stuffed animal! :cutie:

I want to see Moneyball!

Okay sorry for all the bad grammar I probably used including run-ons and fragments. That's just how TRs go! :)

You should see it! It's really amazing. And puhlease, you are good. I always ramble/do run-ons around here because there's like, always a ton to talk about!

HELLO! I thought I'd join in! Yall look like you're gonna be a lot of fun! That is AMAZING that all your plans were able to change so easily. I would have totally panicked in that situation.

And I understand the 'one and done' post on TRs... IF YOU MEAN, one post PER update! :thumbsup2 Hahah yeah, I'm one of those. Anyways, yay. Can't wait to read more!

Chapter Two: Um, do I hear "Man or Muppet" right now?
Day 1: January 18th, 2012

So continuing on, we arrived at 6:47, which was a little early, and we were so happy to be off the plane and making our way to Magical Express! Matt was so excited he was nearly running, which caused some photos to be a bit blurry between his rushing and "Come on Dani!!!"

7886e4e4.jpg

We made our way to the mini-monorail, and I was SO excited for our ride!

2e341279.jpg

It always makes me so happy, but obviously not the same since monorail man's voice is NOT featured on said monorail! But anyway, off we went!

9c281934.jpg

f5e2c5f9.jpg

The sun was just beginning to rise, so it was still pretty dark outside..

2bf57614.jpg

After getting off the monorail, we made the long walk to find Magical Express. I always get lost, but Matt knew exactly where we were headed! Thank goodness because I'm sure I would've wasted precious Disney time trying to find the right place.

Anywho, on our way I HAD to stop and take a photo of the first Disney-related thing I spotted.

73cfad51.jpg

We then made our way down the escalator, again with Matt nearly running to get there, just in case we had to deal with a huge line or something.

af77a91d.jpg

I spotted this sign at the bottom of the escalator and I think I nearly peed my pants.

0d79c327.jpg

We found the Magical Express desk, with zero line, and after the lady checked us in, she told us we could head over to where the buses pick us up..

98a4c042.jpg

What's funny about this is THERE WAS NO LINE, so while Matt just went around all of the queues, I ran up to take a photo of the line we WOULD have been in. I'm pretty sure I got a, "DANI!" comment from him, because I was totally holding us up.

1d73ea47.jpg

Then, as we're approaching the front area... I hear something... familiar. Is that... is that... DO I HEAR "MAN OR MUPPET"?!

bd1a665c.jpg

Yup, I sure do! Okay, talk about the BEST way to start off your trip, seriously!

Slight tangent alert: Matt and I love the Muppets (Matt's been a long-time fan though, and he really helped my love for them grow infinite amounts throughout our relationship). We saw The Muppets movie the day it came out and absolutely loved every second of it. So to hear/see "Man or Muppet" pretty much made my morning, right then and there.

d7071392.jpg

Anyway, after staring at the Muppets for probably far too long, we checked in with the guy at the front, who asked us where we were headed. We told him Beach Club, and he told us to have a seat. Guys, it was SO BUSY in there. I couldn't believe the amount of people heading to Disney World that morning...

8cdfa095.jpg

:lmao: We sat and made awkward faces (because that's what we do) while we waited for our bus to arrive.

942cf6b3.jpg

I remember sitting there thinking two things:

#1 Oh my gosh, we are actually HERE (this thought proceeded to pop into my head like 100 more times during our first few days), and

#2, I really hope our bus is an actual Magical Express bus and not the poopy mustard Mears one. Were we in luck?

Chapter Two: Um, do I hear "Man or Muppet" right now? CONTINUED
Day 1: January 18th, 2012

3ed2a7d9.jpg

YUP! And even better? We had the entire bus to ourselves! So you know that this of COURSE meant that we were going to be sitting up front, because I needed to see that beautiful sign on our way to Beach Club!

We loaded on and I was so excited. Our bus driver, whose name was I THINK Rocky, though it may have been Rocko (Rocko's Mod-ern Liiiife - Rocko's MODERN LIFE! Sorry, I had to sing it), was very friendly!

292f8c46.jpg

e2353434.jpg

bfdbfc55.jpg

So off we went, and Rocky started talking to us, asking where we were from, etc. Turns out he used to live quite close to where I grew up, so that was pretty funny! While Rocky chatted, I tried to listen to the little video they play while taking photos and just taking in the experience.

d522179c.jpg

The sunrise was beautiful, and I couldn't have been happier to be on that bus. Rocky kept talking to us (and giving us totally incorrect information, like when I mentioned we were excited to see fireworks in Hollywood Studios since they rarely do that, he tried to tell me that they do fireworks there nightly), but he was so nice and friendly that I didn't really care that he didn't know what he was talking about. :laughing:

THEN, I SAW IT.

Holy cow I SAW IT IN THE DISTANCE!

4248852d.jpg

12ac2c92.jpg

I'm pretty sure I stopped talking at this point and just starting squealing like a 5 year old girl... and then proceeded to get one of my favorite photos ever!

c591ce35.jpg

YEAH YIPPY WOOHOO! :yay: :yay: :yay: So so excited. We were that much closer, and I made or may not have gotten a little choked up at the sight of that sign.

This sign also made me really happy...

11b813bb.jpg

Matt kept chatting with Rocky while I spotted the Tower of Terror... which I'm pretty sure was just taunting and laughing at me.

50ac573f.jpg

I'd never been on it, I am terrified of old elevators and the Twilight Zone (when I was little I would cover my ears during the theme song because it scared me so much).. So yeah. Not a fan, and I'm pretty sure it laughed at me. We'll see if I actually decide to conquer my fear on this trip and actually go on it for the FIRST TIME EVER. :scared1:

eccbc41d.jpg

Anyway, we finally made it and I spotted Beach Club. Unfortunately my shots came out blurry, but I got a few that were at least presentable..

d4fc6aa5.jpg

e9d17e0f.jpg

After saying goodbye to Rocky (o?), we made our way into the Beach Club to check in and begin our adventure! :yay:

00d7e4ff.jpg

d3912044.jpg

It was only around 7:30am or so... So would we have good luck and get any of our room requests? Would they actually have a room ready for us (because we were definitely going to need a nap)? Well silly duck, you'll have to wait and find out in the next post! :) (Yup, we're going to play that game in this TR, cliffhangers galore, DUN DUN DUN!)

HELLO! I thought I'd join in! Yall look like you're gonna be a lot of fun! That is AMAZING that all your plans were able to change so easily. I would have totally panicked in that situation.

And I understand the 'one and done' post on TRs... IF YOU MEAN, one post PER update! :thumbsup2 Hahah yeah, I'm one of those. Anyways, yay. Can't wait to read more!

Okay, true story. I literally caught up on your TR yesterday and went to comment on it and then... FORGOT. Like, what a dork I am. I'm so notorious for reading every last bit of someone's TR, (thinking OMG YES, I NEED TO COMMENT ON THIS!) then proceeding to just not do it.

In my defense, I'm sometimes doing this during a lull at work, and will suddenly get an e-mail or something, but GOSH, I need to get with the program and start commenting! Especially on yours because I totally get what you're saying about the whole crying thing. Hi, I cried a little when I saw the Walt Disney World welcome sign, 'nuff said. :lmao:

Anyway! I think we're a pretty fun duo to follow along, so I hope we live up to that expectation! And yes, talk about being lucky that everything fell into place. It really felt like it was meant to be. :lovestruc

Thanks for commenting, aaaand in about 5 minutes you should expect a response in your TR since I have caught up with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter