North or South Grand Canyon

emkat

Earning My Ears
Hi,

More questions for you all ;)

Is the North rim of the Grand Canyon going to be interesting enough for a 6 year old ? I know at the south, there is the Junior Ranger program for them to do, is this also done at the North?

I have never been to the North and really would like to see Bryce and Zion but am wondering if this is likely to be interesting enough for a young child - or whether we should stick with the South and maybe do Sedona or somewhere around there.

We will be flying into Las Vegas and have a week. Is it possible to do the loop around the Grand Canyon in this time, or is that just wishful thinking ;)

thanks

I've got Grand Canyon questions as well. We'll likely fly into Las Vegas, and then out of Phoenix 4 days later. What would be the best part of the Grand Canyon to visit?

It depends on when you are going. The North Rim is often closed in the winter due to weather. I haven't been to Zion, but took an almost-8-year old to Bryce. She didn't really complain too much. It's really an awesome place.

We planned March 30 as the start of our trip, so likely North will still be closed. So, south it is! Next question for those in the know...

Best airport to fly into if we are going to South Rim? We'll fly out of Phoenix since after we visit the canyon, we're meeting up with some friends we met on a couple of our DCL cruises that live in Phoenix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter