Norm and I will be in Key West - need anything?

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
Good morning,
Norm and I will be heading home this coming Sunday on the 9th. I know the Magic will also be there this weekend so take my cell phone number and if you have any questions, will try to help while there. 321-508-2246

Now to all of those that have sent me your envelope for me to fill up and mail from there - they are already in the car and you should receive your envelope anytime after the 10th for that is when I will be gathering all the info and mailing it from the post office.

We are so excited that we are finally getting to go home and see old friends and what little family is left there.

If you have any questions, drop me at note at theperfectgiftcc@aol.com and will try to help.
Hope all had a great holiday and now all back to work safe and sound.
As always
Shirley and Norm
the 2 ol' conchs :)

So happy to hear that that the 2 of you will have some time in Key West..:yay: :woohoo: :woohoo: ...I hope you both get to enjoy yourselves, as well as relax a bit.. You both deserve it..

Have a great time, will be thinking of you :hug:

So happy to hear that that the 2 of you will have some time in Key West..:yay: :woohoo: :woohoo: ...I hope you both get to enjoy yourselves, as well as relax a bit.. You both deserve it..

Have a great time, will be thinking of you :hug:

You are most welcomed to come with us girlfriend :thumbsup2
Norm and I are so excited for next year all the blvd will become billion dollar condos so all the ol' conchs won't be able to go "home" anymore.
Always
Shirley

Shirley and Norm,
Have a great time! Enjoy
flo

Have a Wonderful and safe trip Shirley & Norm. Enjoy yourselves, you deserve it.

Yep we are going maybe fishing with Norm's godson who knows all the right spots to go and still have lots of fish waiting for us - its going to be nice to get home and check stuff out, go by the graveyard and we always go to other plots and clean them out for those that can't get down - one of the most interesting tours they have in KW, is the tour of the cemetery which has so much history AND where the young girl Elena was buried before the Dr. Strangelove snatch her body and hid it for 7 years. Anyhow thanks for all the good cheers.
Always
Shirley

Thanks goodness you have someone near Key West since the cost of the rooms are now between $200.00 and 400.00 a night - guess we are going to have to do as we did as children only thing at that time it was planned and fun and there were no high rises anywhere around - go to the beach and take a blanket and sleep - oops can't do that - the homeless have taken it over -hummmmmmmmmm not a bad idea since they also get a place to eat and shower without no charge :-)
Thanks and enjoy your trip to Cayo Hueso.
Always
Shirley

Were you aware that there is a huge conch reunion in Tampa on the 29th? There is going to be over 1000 conchs there with bunch of food we grew up with. Bubba Santana is having it

Have a safe journey and a Wonderful trip Shirley and Norm.

Were you aware that there is a huge conch reunion in Tampa on the 29th? There is going to be over 1000 conchs there with bunch of food we grew up with. Bubba Santana is having it

My mom just fufilled her dream last year to move down to the Keys. So she is a conch-convert???:confused3 :rotfl: I forget what she is called. But anyway they are blending in just fine.

I didn't get to enjoy the food last year b/c I was horribly sick with morning sickness and got incredibly dehydrated on my visit. We plan to make up for that this year. I already have her picking out her favorite restaurants for me to try.

She mentioned one with a pool.:confused3

Drive safely!

Shirley,
I hope your travels go well and have no troubles.
My question is...how do I get the information I need to send you an envelope to get some stuff about Key West?
Thanks and I hope the weather is kind to Key West this season. :thumbsup2

Hi Shirley

We will be on the Magic next March. Does Key West have conch salad like Nassau ? One time we were at Nassau, the taxi driver took us to a bridge where local cut up the fresh conch and mix with lime juice in a plastic bag, shake and serve. That was incredibly yummy.

Thanks

Hi Shirley

We will be on the Magic next March. Does Key West have conch salad like Nassau ? One time we were at Nassau, the taxi driver took us to a bridge where local cut up the fresh conch and mix with lime juice in a plastic bag, shake and serve. That was incredibly yummy.
Thanks

Yes and no - We are no longer allowed to harvest all the conchs that now thrive in our waters so the conchs are brought in from the Turk Islands and the Bahamas frozen --------now they do have the conch salad especially in Bahama Village - Norm and I are going to try a place he heard about and will let you know how good it was and post about it when I get back - We have had some fresh conch salads that Norm's friends happen to "find" and the salad was awesome so I know what you are talking about since it was one of our staple foods when we were growing up there.
Thanks for asking
Always
Shirley

Hey Shirley,

Have a GREAT time while you're home on Key West. Have a frozen Key Lime pie pop for us. DD and I love the Key Lime pie however it's offered.

Pocono

Hey Shirley,

Have a GREAT time while you're home on Key West. Have a frozen Key Lime pie pop for us. DD and I love the Key Lime pie however it's offered.
Pocono
Believe it or not - Norm's godson makes the real stuff for us with real key lime juice so he and I are kinda spoiled. I have never had the frozen key lime pie pop but will have to try it -------when you come down, let me know where you are staying or having a M&M and I will make you a real pie since my sister has a key lime tree and always loaded ;-)
Always
Shirley

Shirley,
We board the Magic in 9 days.
I had been thinking about calling and ordering baskets to surprise my two DDs. Is it too late? I didn't know how early I needed to order them.
Also, since you are leaving, will I not be able to get them from you?
I have never ordered any gift baskets before so this will be a new thing for me.
I am sorry if these are crazy questions.

Have a wonderful trip home!!!!!

Shirley have a great time! We're so jealous. We went down 4x to KW last month looking for a place to live. You're not kidding about the prices. We have 4 children so we needed ar least a 3 br. We saw places falling apart for over 1m!! We did love it though and will keep going. We're looking in Melbourne now, a little more reasonable. Enjoy your hometown.

Shirley,
We board the Magic in 9 days.
I had been thinking about calling and ordering baskets to surprise my two DDs. Is it too late? I didn't know how early I needed to order them.
Also, since you are leaving, will I not be able to get them from you?
I have never ordered any gift baskets before so this will be a new thing for me.
I am sorry if these are crazy questions.
Have a wonderful trip home!!!!!

It's never too late, if I am not here, speak to Valerie since she is my assistance and will take care of it for you - just call 800-950-4559
Always
Shirley
Will be back in plenty of time for the ship deliveries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter