Non pts stay & pool hopping question.

KNWVIKING

DIS Veteran
We will be at Y&B the week of July 4th. Due to the anticipated crowds we plan on doing very little in the parks. Thinking about trying that pool hopping perk. I realize it may not be allowed at all due to the holiday,but if it is, will our DVC member card along with our Y&B room card allow us to hop, even though we're not on points ?

Nope. I asked MS this same thing last year when I stayed at CSR on business and they said you have to stay on points to use the pool hopping privelege. I think the black out dates for hopping over July 4 are from 7/2-7-6. We will be down there over July 4 as well.

To qualify for the DVC pool hopping priviledge, you must be staying at a DVC resort on points.

A non-DVC hotel stay on points does not qualify for use of the pool hopping perk.

FWIW, pool hopping has not been allowed during the week of July 4th in the past.

Don't worry to much about not being able to pool hop, you will be at Y&B that has the best pool on property--SAB!

A non-DVC hotel stay on points does not qualify for use of the pool hopping perk.
Hmmmm..... I didn't know this. I thought if staying on points using your DVC membership that pool hopping was an option. Oh well, we've not actually pool hopped yet or used our points at non-DVC resort. But I always thought it would be fun to take a break form MK by heading over to one of the monorail resorts to take a dip in the pool. We tend to stay at BWV or BCV when onsite anyway.

I've never really queried this but have heard it both ways. If you are staying on points and your ID card says member, you will be able to pool hop. I've heard that some staying at DC on points actually had member listed on their card.

Originally posted by Dean
I've never really queried this but have heard it both ways. If you are staying on points and your ID card says member, you will be able to pool hop. I've heard that some staying at DC on points actually had member listed on their card.

According to the info on the DVC Members' website, pool hopping is permitted if you are staying at a DVC resort. Although it doesn't specifically say "staying on points", you need a resort ID that identifies you as a DVC Member to legally hop. Don't believe you get "Member" on your resort ID unless you are staying on points.

Not saying that Members staying at DC Hotels haven't hopped, just that DVC policy doesn't authorize it.

Copied the following from the DVC Members' website (the emphasis is mine, though):

Pool-Hopping Information for 2003

Disney Vacation Club Members and their guests staying with them at Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Beach Club Villas are permitted to use other Walt Disney World® Resort and Disney Vacation Club resort hotel pools (other than the hotel at which you are staying) if these pools are not at capacity on any given day. Please check with the front desk of the destination hotel regarding pool availability. A Walt Disney World Resort ID card identifying you as a "DVC Member" is required to use the other pools. This offer is not available at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts.

Hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, Disney Vacation Club Members may not "pool hop" during the following dates*:

April 12 - 20, 2003
May 23 - 26, 2003
June 30, 2003 - July 6, 2003
November 24 - 30, 2003
December 20, 2003 - January 3, 2004
If you are using the pool at a resort other than the one where you are staying, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate guests of that resort.

*Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity.

Carol, I know that's what it says but there have been several people that have reported staying at a WDW non DVC resort on points and having an ID card that said member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter