Non-Family Members Charging

kmgl78

Earning My Ears
We have a group of people cruising in June 2002 (land 4/sea 3). I understand that instead of carrying cash you use your key card for expenses so that everything is charged to your room and then you pay on the final day. We will have three 18 year olds staying in the same room who are not family members. Since they are all in the same room, will they have to keep up with everything they spend money on and figure out who owes what between the three of them, or can they each establish a separate account? Thanks for your help.

Also, how do you keep your key card, driver's license etc. dry and safe when you go to the pool, beach etc. I'm told that you have to have your license any time you leave the ship. Does this include Castaway Cay or just Nassau? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the DIS Cruise Line Boards! When will you be sailing? I'll try to answer some of your questions....

Each card on your room account will have a seperate run down of charges. You can request a printout any time throughout the week to keep track of your spending. And guest services will be very helpful when you go to pay your balances seperately.:)

Many people use lanyards with waterproof plastic cases attached to hold their KTTWC, license, etc. These can be purchased at sports shops. If you wait until you board the ship, you can purchase a DCL Lanyard with case - it makes a nice usable souvenier.

Hi kmgl78, and welcome to the Cruise Board! :)

If the 18-year-olds have their own charge cards then they can each have charges put on their own cards. If they do not, then they will go on whomever's card is authorized for charges. Your bill WILL break up the usage by name, so you will have a total for each person to help you reconcile the account.

You will need your Key to the World AND photo I.D. at every port to depart and return to the ship, including Castaway Cay. You can purchase a lanyard with a clear plastic holder (or a hard plastic waterproof holder) on the ship that is very convenient for carrying your cards around. You don't need to carry anything but your Key to the World card when you're ON the ship, though.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

When we sailed with our DD16 she used her KTTW card on CC because they wouldn't let her use her Disney Dollars. When she got back to the ship we went to guest services and she just put down her Dollars. Worked out very well. We'll be sailing with DD16 and her friend this 2/2002 and intend on using same setup. Teens should be responsible enough to limit the spending. They could put a balance on their card too.

Kim ºOº

Jody, Michelle, & Kim - Thank you so much for your replies to my post. I appreciate it. Our land/sea vacation is scheduled for the 9th-16th. This will be our first cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter