Non Disney guest parking at a resort for dinner

kimba

Mouseketeer
Help. Cannot get anyone to answer this question at guest services. We have a dining reservation at Polynesian and the Boardwalk while we are in Orlando for a conference and need to know if we are going to be charged for parking or even allowed to park. Thanks

You may or may not be permitted to park there depending on what is going on at the parks during your time there. If they have lots of conventions or parties or Food & Wine going on, they might say no. You might be able to valet park in that case or they might direct you to theme park parking. For the Boardwalk , you'd need DHS, not Epcot if you don't have park admission. If they do permit you to park, it shouldn't cost anything. You should be able to park up to three hours. When will you be at the convention?

You may or may not be permitted to park there depending on what is going on at the parks during your time there. If they have lots of conventions or parties or Food & Wine going on, they might say no. You might be able to valet park in that case or they might direct you to theme park parking. For the Boardwalk , you'd need DHS, not Epcot if you don't have park admission. If they do permit you to park, it shouldn't cost anything. You should be able to park up to three hours. When will you be at the convention?
We are here now. We were told by the guest services we can't park at boardwalk at all and poly we have to pay to valet. This is not how I remember it 2 years ago when we were here. Disappointed.

We are here now. We were told by the guest services we can't park at boardwalk at all and poly we have to pay to valet. This is not how I remember it 2 years ago when we were here. Disappointed.
You could drive over there and see what the guard shack says. They are the ones who make the call.

We've had many reservations at Ohana and never been turned away or charged to park, the most recent being May (2 months ago). I have heard they turn away cars to the MK parking lot during really busy times. We usually go in Spring and Fall, FWIW. Or if people are trying to park without a reservation, like for Trader Sam's.
Are you actually at the Poly or checking guest services at Disney Springs or somewhere else? I would still try to park at the Poly and see what happens. We usually just pull up, I stick out my MB and tell them we have a reservation and they wave us through. YMMV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter