Non-buffet with big portions?

IloveWINNIEthePOOH

<font color=blue>Promises to wear sweat absorbing
Hey all =)
Tryin to make ressies for upcomin free dining, choices have become very limited due to availability....
So, we're a family of 6 who usually do buffets here, because we eat big. We've got some of the ones we want, but now are tryin to pick some sit-down, out of park restaurants....we all love variety a big variety of foods, so we're totally open to ideas, we just need big portions! :confused:
Can you help me out?:):)

Whispering Caynon at The WL has an all you care to eat skillett meal. It has pulled pork, ribs, chicken, corn , potaotoes etc. There are lots of reveiws and pics if y ou do a search. This is a loud raucaous restaurant so you would need to be prepared for that. The Garden grill the The Land in Epcot also has an all you care to eat meal. FLank steak, chicken, catfish, fresh veggis, really good deserts. Those are 2 I can think os af the top of my head.

How about 'Ohana? It's not a buffet, but family-style. It's at the Polynesian, and has lots of meats, shrimp, salad, etc. Plus the bread pudding dessert.

Tonys on Main Street has huge portions...50's Prime Time does as well.

Chefs de France portions are HUGE!

In addition to the sugesstions above
Liberty tree tavern in MK is an aycte option preplated family style and very yummy.
Askerhaus in Norway has an aycte appetizer (cold) buffet in addition to the sitdown menu.

Yea! Finally someone who admits they are a big eater since it seems everyone on here is a light eater. :)

Anyway, I'm a medium eater :) and I found the Sci Fi's meal was big and super filling. With the dessert and a milkshake as my drink, i had to be rolled out of there. :rotfl2:

Wolfgang Puck Express (CS in dtd) has large meals-I could've shared with Dh and I never feel a meal is big enough to share.

I didn't have any meal where I didn't think they gave enough food though. Coral Reef was a fine size as was the Maya Grill.

Flame BBQ for CS is pretty big.

WCC is definatly a HUGE portion. We went for Christmas where it was a set menu and it was only the skillet. We are a family of 5 and my DH is a big guy with a big appetite and one skillet with no refills filled us all up.

O'hana was another one. I swear I had to be rolled out of that place. My youngest DD LOVED that place because the steak just kept coming.

Chefs de France has huge portions, and I mean HUGE. So does Raglan Road.

So far..we have WCC, Ohana, Garden Grill and 50's PTC.
We're only doing epcot and DHS..so we've got the parks covered =)
thanks for the advice so far!!

So far..we have WCC, Ohana, Garden Grill and 50's PTC.
We're only doing epcot and DHS..so we've got the parks covered =)
thanks for the advice so far!!

I'm not a huge eater, but traveling with DS16 who (like most teen boys) is never full. Literally, he'll eat 5 slices of pizza, and an hour later ask if we can stop at Dairy Queen. When we do, suddenly he orders 2 double cheeseburgers. (And he's about 6'2 and 140 pounds).

So I used a lot of the same criteria and came up with the same places you did for our FD trip. We're also doing 'Ohana, Garden Grill (loved this last time), WCC (he's really looking forward to the antics - he said "I can't wait to eat there. But I'd really like to WORK there!"). Had 50's PTC, but had to change it due to our flight departure day. We're also doing some buffets for the same reason (1900 Park Fare, CP). The only regular meals (order a set meal) are a Chefs de France lunch (since we hear the portions are large and want to see Remy) and Le Cellier (sorry kid - mom won this one! ;) ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter