• Narcoossee's

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • California Grill

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Other (please comment w/suggestion)

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
NOLA expat living in Baton Rouge

I agree, the Disney food doesn’t compare so I chose California Grill for the venue and overall experience.

We’re not far from NOLA. The only restaurant on your list we’ve eaten at is CG. It was ok. But if you’re looking for food like we’re used to eating here, with lots of flavor & spice, I haven’t found a place in DW that has it. Not to say there’s nothing flavorful, there are plenty of restaurants with lots of flavors, but no real spice, IMHO. We actually bring our own spice to add to our foods. Yep, we’re those freaks, lol.

Some of the restaurants we like & the items we are order:
Chefs de France: the pork shank with fries instead of noodles type option
Tokyo dining: the filet and I like the sushi
Liberty Tree: the pot roast and the pilgrims feast
50’s PT: fried chicken
Garden grill breakfast (the salsa is so good & fresh)
We add Tony’s spicy to all, 😝.

I know none of these are signature restaurants but we like them. Hope it helps some.

Another NOLA expat here to agree with the others - you won't find anything like Commander's Palace at WDW, except V&A. Of the three you list, I'd pick Narcoossee's, but only because I've eaten at the other two a little more recently, so it's Narcoossee's "turn."

Thanks y'all, I really appreciate the feedback! I agree with everyone, we don't expect the food to be like South La, but we would like to enjoy it, and you all are right, atmosphere plays a big part in that. We loved Le Cellier 8 years ago, but deep down I know the food isn't stellar. I feel warm and cozy thinking about that experience, and I'm sure the atmosphere has a lot to do with that feeling. And one of the main reasons we always do a lunch at BOG is for the restaurant itself. Now that they've switched to chicken instead of braised pork, we may skip it this time. I'm so disappointed that someone nixed the lobster at Narcoossee's, that was going to be my only reason for choosing it!

We decided to keep Epcot in mind, since F&W will be wrapping up while we're there and they have EMH one night as well. I actually made a reservation for Takumi-Tei just in case. That's a culinary experience we can't really get where we live, so it might be worth trying. I will keep an eye on the reviews and we will decide what we feel up to once we are on property. It will be tough, our kids will be 6, 3, and 1 at time of travel and we will have done 4 park days before the date night. We agreed to have a few options at hand and see how we feel the day or two leading up to it.

While I am very excited about this trip, and we've done Disney twice already since Dec. 2017, I am still amazed at the amount of planning and time it takes to prepare. I feel like I have Disney brain, and we don't leave for nearly 4 months!

Thank you for making this comparison. In reading all of the ink spilled over V&A, I kept wondering: "but how does it compare to Eleven Madison Park?" I also found a blog entry where someone put it ahead of Per Se, which I really had trouble believing, especially after celebrating our engagement there.

Interesting re: Per Se. It's very trendy to bash Per Se right now...people say it's slipped. I haven't been for a couple of years, so really can't comment. I went to Eleven Mad on Saturday night and it was outstanding as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter