Noiseware Questions

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I *think* I understand the basic concept of noiseware ~ it cleans up pictures at high ISO. What I'm a little shaky on is its application in real life. Do you all print your own pictures??? Can you use noiseware and have someone else -Costco, shutterfly etc. Thanks for the tutorial :teacher:

You can use noiseware and still print your pics any way you like. I occasionally use noiseware and almost never print my pics at home.

Sorry to be blonde (I'm having alot of blonde moments today must be sleep deprivation ;) ) Do you attach your camera to your computer and run the noiseware program with the camera attached to the computer?? Is there one noiseware program thats better than others?? Thanks for the help!

upload the pic files to your computer. then if you do any editing include the noise removal in the process.

I use noise ninja by picture code, but there are about three or four that are commonly reccomended here. Bump this thread during the middle of the day tomorow for better results.

and not all pics need noise removed.

Mikeeee

Sorry to be blonde (I'm having alot of blonde moments today must be sleep deprivation ;) ) Do you attach your camera to your computer and run the noiseware program with the camera attached to the computer?? Is there one noiseware program thats better than others?? Thanks for the help!
What you do is take the JPG from your camera, put it on your computer, let the noise reduction program clean it up, and save it to a new jpg. That's the one you send to get printed. (You can overwrite the original but it's not recommended as the noise reduction process removes detail.)

I've tried Noise Ninja, Noiseware, and AutoDenoise, and like Noiseware the best - but I haven't really done any serious comparisons, so take that with a big ol' grain of salt.

I just want to thank you so much for posting this TwingleMum! I am new to this whole concept of "noise". I didn't even know what it was. I got a new 7.1MP 12X zoom camera a few months ago and all of my pictures that I have used zoom at night on came out grainy. I was told by andromedaslove that this was what is called noise. So upon seeing this thread I went and checked out Noiseware and downloaded the free trial. I must say it made a huge difference in some of my pictures and a little in others. But still, they look so much better now! Especially one I took at night, using zoom, of my husband with our 3 year old riding Dumbo. Thanks again! And if anyone could give me any suggestions on how to avoid noise in the future it would be much appreciated!

I just want to thank you so much for posting this TwingleMum! I am new to this whole concept of "noise". I didn't even know what it was. I got a new 7.1MP 12X zoom camera a few months ago and all of my pictures that I have used zoom at night on came out grainy. I was told by andromedaslove that this was what is called noise. So upon seeing this thread I went and checked out Noiseware and downloaded the free trial. I must say it made a huge difference in some of my pictures and a little in others. But still, they look so much better now! Especially one I took at night, using zoom, of my husband with our 3 year old riding Dumbo. Thanks again! And if anyone could give me any suggestions on how to avoid noise in the future it would be much appreciated!

Glad it helped.

using flash and a lower ISO helps eliminate noise..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter