Noise Level Lock Offs

EM Lawrence

DIS Veteran
In resorts that only have 2BR Lock Offs that can be booked as a studio and a 1 BR, are there any issues with noise between the two units booked separately? If I’m in a 1 BR and a different group is in the attached studio, and I going to hear theIr conversation and movements?

You can definitely hear noise, but I am not sure if it is much different that your standard dedicated villa with people in the adjacent room. There are two "solid core" doors between the rooms. If you have a crying baby, arguing family (we all get a little over tired at Disney), or blaring TV, you will hear the noise. In a LO or dedicated room. In fact, I have found noise coming from loud folks on balconies to be make it into your room easiest. We have had to go sit on the balcony and make some conversation ourselves to "remind" some neighbors they were in a "public" space.

In resorts that only have 2BR Lock Offs that can be booked as a studio and a 1 BR, are there any issues with noise between the two units booked separately? If I’m in a 1 BR and a different group is in the attached studio, and I going to hear theIr conversation and movements?
I would agree with the other posters, we have been in both at CCV in the one bedroom side and the studio side, and it will very from trip to trip and even day to day. I would say the one bedroom is better since the main bed is not near the connecting door, but in the studio theres no way around it. I would say over all it has been quite, those solid doors help, and we havent had loud neighbors, maybe we have just been lucky. Now before we bought into DVC we stayed at CBR and we had more noise often then we have had at CCV (no offense to the moderates, lol).

It depends where the connecting door is, I think. In the Wilderness Lodge villas, the original, the connecting door is in the living area, and we had a loud connecting family one time.

At BCV, the connecting door is near the entrance door, we’ve not had a problem there.

It depends where the connecting door is, I think. In the Wilderness Lodge villas, the original, the connecting door is in the living area, and we had a loud connecting family one time.

At BCV, the connecting door is near the entrance door, we’ve not had a problem there.
Ya that is correct, when we stayed in a studio at CCV one of the days the family in the connecting 1 bedroom sounded like they gave their baby the pots, pans and a spoon to play with right in the living area. It was loud and lucky it was only that early evening, but like I said, it can very at any given time.

When we had noisy lock-off neighbors, we just put the extra bed pillows along the bottom of the door. Funny, though, it was at CCV we had to do that - I don’t remember having that problem at BWV before! I guess we’ve just been lucky!

When we had noisy lock-off neighbors, we just put the extra bed pillows along the bottom of the door. Funny, though, it was at CCV we had to do that - I don’t remember having that problem at BWV before! I guess we’ve just been lucky!
Yeah, just open your side of the lockoff door and put a couple of pillows or a blanket at the bottom where the noise comes in. I find it worse in when I'm in the studio (only stay in OKW studios) and the noisy guests are in the one bedroom. I like to sit at the table which is right next to the connecting door when I'm not sleeping. The lockoff door is close to the entrance and mostly in the living room in the one bedroom portion.

I stayed in the studio part of a 2 bedroom lock off at Copper Creek and I HATED it! The folks in the one bedroom would cook and clang dishes at 10 o'clock at night when we were trying to sleep.
I had to cram a blanket under the door to try to drown out some of the sound, but I could hear them (and their dishes).

I stayed in the studio part of a 2 bedroom lock off at Copper Creek and I HATED it! The folks in the one bedroom would cook and clang dishes at 10 o'clock at night when we were trying to sleep.
I had to cram a blanket under the door to try to drown out some of the sound, but I could hear them (and their dishes).
Their galley kitchen was really close to the connecting door.

I'm currently at CCV in a studio that is part of a lock off and I've slept about zero thanks to the two 5-7 yr old boys next door in the 1 BR. I just need to figure out their sleep schedule and go to bed when they do! They were up at 5-ish today and are still in their room running laps and bouncing off the walls since about then.

I've stayed in the studio side of a lockoff at SSR and heard zero from the neighbors--and they were definitely there because we'd see them in the corridor and at their door when we were at our door. But perhaps I just got lucky!

Placement of the lock-off door makes a big difference.
Resorts like BCV, SSR, and BLT where the lock-off door is near the entrance door are less likely to have noise from neighbors.
Resorts like BWV and BRV where the lock-off door is in the middle of the living room are more likely to have noise.

IMO, it depends entirely on the neighbors, so luck of the draw. We've heard some and not others.

Our worst was BWV. One time we were awaken at 5am by voices and music next door. After 20-30 minutes I knocked on the door and politely asked if they could keep it down given the early hour. Found myself facing a 20-something woman who simply stated "umm, I'm getting married today." As if that was all the explanation needed for why there were a dozen people in the room talking, laughing and playing music when the rest of the hotel was trying to sleep.

But over more than a dozen stays in BWV lockoff rooms, that was the only neighbor who disturbed us at an unreasonable hour.

One time at OKW guests above us put sneakers in the dryer. That. Was. Miserable.

If they are too loud, call the front desk and complain. If that doesn't work, request a new location. You should not have to put up with the idiots next door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter