No Spontaneity in the Summer at WDW

Nicki that deal at DDT sounds great! Are you already locked in to your ressies?

Yes we got our 2 nights at the Staybridge for free....thanks to DH and his job that makes him travel alot...I swear that boy has signed up for more hotel points cards....

They say we can cancel 48 hours in advance and get our points back.

With the cost of gas so high and the TS places priced at Holiday prices for June it is just as well that we save the money and stay offsite.

Did you catch the deal with expedia that if you book through them you get $50 in free gas too? unreal...... I'm glad our trip is covered by our airmiles or we'd have to cancel.

Hey since you know so much about the resorts, can you go look at my post for the romantics? Trying to figure something special out for DH.

Naples.....my brother lived at Victoria Lakes for years and used to manage the Belks store down there! Gorgeous area!!!!!

Did you catch the deal with expedia that if you book through them you get $50 in free gas too? unreal...... I'm glad our trip is covered by our airmiles or we'd have to cancel.

Hey since you know so much about the resorts, can you go look at my post for the romantics? Trying to figure something special out for DH.

Naples.....my brother lived at Victoria Lakes for years and used to manage the Belks store down there! Gorgeous area!!!!!

We got an email from the hotel in the Florida Mall, very close to I-4 (DH stayed there for a week for conferences last Sept) and they will give us a $50 gas card for every night that we stay there, from now until the end of Sept. That is a great deal! And the hotel is in the mall with a STARBUCKS!

I did post to your question about the ring, I am the chick with the car obsessed hubby :lmao:

They had a pretty good summer rate at Gaylord Palms. I can't remember the exact details, but I remember I was tempted for a moment!

Keep checking on line all the time!! My son's principal just asked him on Thursday to attend a teacher's conference at WDW on June 21st - 25th. All the Disney resorts that the conference had rooms at were already booked. My son called Disney on Friday and they said there was no availability at any resort except the Boardwalk. I went on line several times on Friday - every hour - and I could have gotten him a room at CBR with 1 king sized bed. He really wanted to stay at a value, but none were showing availability on line. Finally around 5:00 I went on line and checked again and I was able to get him a room at All Stars Music!! People cancel rooms all the time.

I had the same problem. I just decided a few days ago to book a last minute trip June 16-19th. There was nothing available except Saratoga, Boardwalk and CBR. I didn't want any of those. I ended up with the Swan for $189 a night. I am really nervous about a non Disney hotel but I booked the air and needed a place to stay. Have a nice trip!

the hotwire rate for a 4* in downtown disney for your dates is now $89/night. I wouldn't pass that up...I have stayed at the Hilton and Royal Plaza in DTD, and was happy with both.
A non-disney hotel in 10 days is better than no hotel in 10 days!!!!!!!:goodvibes

just keep checking online...there are rooms that open up hour by hour there....your chances are very good of finding a room onsite! :)

sending pixie dust....:pixiedust:

Hi - I just check travelocity and they had the Swan/Dolphin and CBR for about $194 a night. I know it's more than you wanted to spend, but it is on property. Let us know what you decide!

Try the Buena Vista Palace in the DDRA, I just looked at their website and they have availability and a $99 summer special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter