No rooms available to DVC members at my home resort-UPDATE

Nickymouse

Mouseketeer
I posted a message several weeks ago, frustrated over my inability to get a room at BWV's at 9 months out. I was frustrated because some of my friends, non-DVC members, had no trouble getting a room for the same week. Well, I have good news to report. DVC came through with a 1 BR for all of the days we needed! I was placed on their waiting list, but never received any phone calls. I just called MS on a regular basis hoping to get 1 day added at a time. I was never successful at getting a single day until yesterday when the whole week opened up for me. So, if you are in a situation similar to mine, don't give up.

Of course you realize that you just rendered moot about a week's worth of vehement debate that flowed from your post. :)

hi: i'm on the waiting list too for the first/second week of november at bwv, our home resort too. maybe i should give ms a call, but i can't even make back-up ressies at okw or vwl yet.

Did you get the week by calling or did they call you as a result of being on the waiting list?

Thanks for the report.

If at first you don't succeed.........

I wonder, does this now mean that the 11 month window is meaningless?? :)

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

wdwnut,
Call MS and check the availability for yourself. It seemed to me that a bunch of rooms suddenly opened up in November (when just yesterday the whole month of November was completely sold out) It still sounds a little fishy, but hey, I'm not complaining anymore now that I have what I want. I waited and waited to be called when any day opened up , but never heard anything. I just kept calling and yesterday the whole week was available for me. The guy from MS even commented on how he was surprised about the sudden availability.

wdwnut, was everything sold out or just standard rooms? We're going in Nov. We have 7 rooms reserved, with 3 at Okw. We were hoping to switch everyone over to the BW at the 7 month window, and possibly get two more rooms. If they're sold out, I guess I'll try WL. I remember about 5 months out last year, a bunch of rooms opened up for us. Good Luck

That is definitely good news. It makes me feel hopeful for my switch to BWV from OKW in a few months.

figaro1.jpg

'81 - Cont.
'88 - Disneyland
'89 - Maingate East
'91 - CBR
'94 - CBR
'95 - CBR
'98 - BC
'00 - WL
'01 - OKW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter