No rooms available at POR Memorial day week ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Just out of curiosity I was checking to see how crowded POR was because we were thinking of going next year during Memorial day week. I checked May 28th the day after Memorial day until Sunday June 1st.
There are only king rooms available ? Why is it so booked up ? There were rooms available at POFQ, no problem there. I thought maybe someone on here would know if anything was going on to cause it to be booked up. Thanks

If you look for individual days, and not the whole week, you will find there is some availability. (I would assume.). I would guess that Memorial Day weekend is almost completely booked in most categories. POFQ probably has more availability, because its spring discount was next to nothing, compared to POR, which was 25%.
I booked in January for that week this year, and already couldn't get preferred with the spring discount at that time. Book early if you know your plans.

If you look for individual days, and not the whole week, you will find there is some availability. (I would assume.). I would guess that Memorial Day weekend is almost completely booked in most categories. POFQ probably has more availability, because its spring discount was next to nothing, compared to POR, which was 25%.
I booked in January for that week this year, and already couldn't get preferred with the spring discount at that time. Book early if you know your plans.

Ok thanks :thumbsup2

I don't know if this may be a reason, but i have noticed alot of my friends with school kids are getting out of school for summer mid May or before memorial day. We always went to first week june plus snow days. Maybe families are taking advantage then of "cooler" temps compared to July/ aug ????

I don't know if this may be a reason, but i have noticed alot of my friends with school kids are getting out of school for summer mid May or before memorial day. We always went to first week june plus snow days. Maybe families are taking advantage then of "cooler" temps compared to July/ aug ????

Hmmm I dont know :confused3 thought maybe someone might know if there may be a group or something that are staying there that week.

Well also this year it's the Monstrous All-Nighter that happens on Friday through Saturday memorial day weekend. To tell you the truth, we've been going Memorial Day for quite a few years now, and we love that week. It's busy, but not terribly (this year, maybe not because of the all-nighter). But it's not as bad as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Easter or July 4th. We like this week because we "southerners" get let out of school the week prior to Memorial Day (this week) while the north (where we're originally from) don't get let out until late June, so you don't have as many northerners there this week. I know of 2 other families (besides us) going this weekend to next, not because it's terribly crowded, but because they are long time Disney Vacationers (DVC) and know it's one of the best times to visit! So I would book memorial day week next year. Good luck!
-Virginia

Well also this year it's the Monstrous All-Nighter that happens on Friday through Saturday memorial day weekend. To tell you the truth, we've been going Memorial Day for quite a few years now, and we love that week. It's busy, but not terribly (this year, maybe not because of the all-nighter). But it's not as bad as Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Easter or July 4th. We like this week because we "southerners" get let out of school the week prior to Memorial Day (this week) while the north (where we're originally from) don't get let out until late June, so you don't have as many northerners there this week. I know of 2 other families (besides us) going this weekend to next, not because it's terribly crowded, but because they are long time Disney Vacationers (DVC) and know it's one of the best times to visit! So I would book memorial day week next year. Good luck!
-Virginia

Thank you sounds like it may be a good week to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter